Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"
I love this series to death. It's so well voice acted, especially for the time. I want to talk about a lot of things but as someone said above me, if you start talking about one thing you almost have to talk about everything. I'm looking forward to the next video, and hoping you continue through the whole series.

Also, I'm glad you got the cutscenes to work properly. I remember weird lines going through them some years ago when Bentalbot and I were thinking about LP'ing this game after we finished Defiance. I'm happy that you're doing this series because I cannot listen to my commentary from that LP. It's all in jokes and nervous laughter and just ugh, I was so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"
I believe it's stated that Nupraptor's insanity corrupted the rest of the circle, basically turning them into paranoid power-hungry selfish pricks. I don't think it was meant that his madness drove the others mad, just that it tainted them enough to corrupt their pillars and thus all of nosgoth.

I can't seem to remember, but can you drink from multiple stunned people/chained prisoners with multiple presses of the drink button? (circle? it's been forever) I remember being able to drink from more than one person without using a spell.

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"
In order to stop myself from writing spoilers, because my fingers itch to talk about this story line, I present this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAds4kH7QDE

Our good friend Simon Templeman, refusing to let the cheese be cut.

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"

D_W posted:

but I'd like to think it was meant as a subtle hint at how Kain feels towards Ariel.

That would be neat, but I'm pretty sure they just plopped a custom skin on a ghost enemy and disabled collision. I could be wrong though.

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"
Good luck with your thesis, I look forward to the next update.

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"

DukeofCA posted:

Especially given it's never explained how Vorador managed to kill an animated suit of armor.

He was a soul that was bound to a suit of armor. I don't know if it'd be spoilers or not, but trust that his death was entirely plausible.

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"

Alexeythegreat posted:

Yes, he was a soul bound to a suit of armor. What annoys me and DukeofCA is that instead of the devs coming up with an explanation of what exactly did Vorador do to finish Malek off, he just somehow killed the soul/ghost/suit, which should've probably been done by unconventional means (or else Kain would've had no issue with it in the first place, like with regular "ghost"-type enemies). I would've really liked to know what these means were: it definitely shouldn't be limited to the lupine form that we saw Vorador morphing into

Oh, by the way, an update

I mean, it does suck that it wasn't on camera, but judging from the name of the sword he wields I think some sort of reaving may have taken place. Overpower him with wolf form, stab him, and drain him out of that armor.

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"

Alexeythegreat posted:

I am. As far as swords are concerned, Vorador is just a blacksmith

From Defiance: Raziel: "I sought to unravel the mystery of my fate, and in this image lay my first clue. For this scene depicted the forging of the Reaver – the weapon destined to become my prison – and I recognized its maker. The years had changed him, but this was unmistakably the vampire, Vorador – and in this era, he still lived."

marasamune fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marasamune
Jan 20, 2006

"Oh! Doctor STILES!"

George posted:

Okay, you're spoiling stuff and also leaving out the part where Vorador says all he did was make the physical blade.

Sorry about that. This game takes place after it was completed, so in his hands during the fight, it's the real deal, was my point.

• Locked thread