Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

straight up brolic posted:

you can start sentences with 'and' and 'but'. prescriptive grammar rules are for nobodies that don't understand the underlying purpose of the grammar that they're using

/derail

I don't think that guy's good enough with grammar to start breaking the rules yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

The SituAsian posted:

:rip: jokes aside anyone else actually worried about ninth layer because i am.

I bookmarked this to see whether he's still alive or if the craigslist dude made a condom out of his face.

It's looking more and more like face-condom :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Knightmare posted:

I bookmarked this to see whether he's still alive or if the craigslist dude made a condom out of his face.

It's looking more and more like face-condom :(

op was really loving stupid to accept a ride from a craigslist ad. in las loving vegas

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

DaveKap posted:

It's a Deadspin article but it has plenty of links to stuff he's done if you feel like looking into it.
http://deadspin.com/dont-believe-the-hype-mayweather-pacquiao-is-not-good-1696609726
Best part: "And he is not just some random celebrity with a platform; he’s a politician who actively affects policy. That’s objectively more harmful than the usual powerless bigot-athlete."
I mean, come on. I learned in the first grade you don't start a sentence with "And."

Gawker's millennial writers don't give a rip about what society thinks they should be writing, my man.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ninth did say he was with 4 friends so they had a fighting chance right?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

thehappyprince posted:

ninth did say he was with 4 friends so they had a fighting chance right?

Didn't they also buy like 80 beers to get a rebate

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Hace posted:

Didn't they also buy like 80 beers to get a rebate

No, they bought 80 cans of Tecate

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

origami posted:

No, they bought 80 cans of Tecate

:vince:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Just trying to make jokes because im legit worried but if they ever find the bodies im willing to go the funeral and deliver my best version of Roy Jones Jr's "Yall must've forgot" instead of like Amazing Grace

https://youtu.be/pWIqZKhNY90

EDIT: vvvv I want to say he's from somewhere in California but I do know he is not local to Vegas

EDIT (Lionel): 9th and his buddies went to Vegas and iirc the plan was to watch on closed circuit at one of the hotels but they got crowded out so they ended going to some random dude's place on Craigslist after drilinking like 10 cheap Mexican beers each and wonder why im really worried.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 4, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

bradzilla posted:

op was really loving stupid to accept a ride from a craigslist ad. in las loving vegas

I assumed he lived in Vegas was he just visiting because :/

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

So did he go to Vegas just to watch the fight at some dudes house or what

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm back and alive. My phone broke sometime around Saturday which is why I stopped posting.

Craigslist guy was cool, gave us a ride from and then back to the hotel so we could keep drinking all night. I hear people are disappointed by the fight but I thought it was great. Floyd put on a brilliant performance and Manny had his moments, just not many of them. It's an end of an era now that these guys have fought. I'm not terribly interested in a rematch and from what I hear Manny may be out with an injury for the rest of the year.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sorry to make you guys worried :( I straight up didn't have internet until I got back to Cali at 11pm last night and once I did I went straight for bed.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

How do we know it's really you and not the guy that stole your organs and took your phone from your lifeless corpse :ohdear:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ban this craigslist murderer for account sharing

open the proper thread first tho

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

How do we know it's really you and not the guy that stole your organs and took your phone from your lifeless corpse :ohdear:

Doesn't matter as long as he keeps effortposting.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm back and alive. My phone broke sometime around Saturday which is why I stopped posting.

Craigslist guy was cool, gave us a ride from and then back to the hotel so we could keep drinking all night. I hear people are disappointed by the fight but I thought it was great. Floyd put on a brilliant performance and Manny had his moments, just not many of them. It's an end of an era now that these guys have fought. I'm not terribly interested in a rematch and from what I hear Manny may be out with an injury for the rest of the year.

Hooray you're not dead!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So do people think Pacquiao is injured/faded or is Mayweather just that ridiculously good at forcing people into his plan? I really expected to see more from him

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Jose posted:

So do people think Pacquiao is injured/faded or is Mayweather just that ridiculously good at forcing people into his plan? I really expected to see more from him

Little bit of both.

His punch output was just ridiculously low.

boxrec posted:

According to Compubox, the fight against Mayweather set the record for Manny Pacquiao to land and throw the least number of punches in his 14 fights which have gone the 12-round-distance

Mayweather is obviously amazing defensively, but Manny threw less punches than Marcos loving Maidana did in either fight. (or Robert Guerrero)

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 4, 2015

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

reopen the normal boxing thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007