Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
When are we playing Blops 2? I would probably play tonight since I have nothing to do in Destiny until tomorrow as I already maxed out on Iron Banner rep, Crucible Marks and raided Crota with all my toons until the weekly reset.

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Lucky you, I'm still frantically grinding iron banner for my alts before the weekly reset.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Oh sure the week I let my friend borrow my 360 is the week you assholes want to play blops 2. Ya'll are jerks.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Javes posted:

Lucky you, I'm still frantically grinding iron banner for my alts before the weekly reset.

I think the Rep boost from the IB vendor is 150% today.

Fibby Boy posted:

Oh sure the week I let my friend borrow my 360 is the week you assholes want to play blops 2. Ya'll are jerks.

I would be down to play Blops 2 with you whenever you get it back.

OR WE CAN PLAY :ghost:GHOSTS:ghost:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I would but I gave my disc to my brother. He'll probably give it back since he's dumb and doesn't like shootyman games.

I'm probably still terrible.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Would 9 PM CST work for anyone? I just have to hook up my 360 again.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Make it 9:30 (10:30est) and I can swing that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm playing right now, so just hop on whenever.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I am updating my 360 after spending an inordinate amount of time hooking the thing back up, and I'm only hoping that BO2 is still in the machine because otherwise I have no idea where the disk is.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

JetpackJeezus posted:

But then if they don't change anything they get complaints about it being the exact same game. At this point it's almost impossible to not alienate some part of the fanbase. If it makes you feel any better what I've been hearing is that it does still feel pretty much like BO2 with a flatter, three-lane design and the new movement stuff is mostly just gimmicks that aren't essential to doing well (i.e. the ziplines from BO1).

I'm still hoping to get the entire nightly HC crew back together someday as those were probably my favorite CoD sessions to date. Here's hoping BO3 HC modes have teamkilling! :commissar:

If that's really the case with the movement stuff, then that's fine by me. I forgot Blops 1 even had ziplines, to be honest. The thing about alienating the fanbase seems silly to me, though, considering there's a new COD game every year being made by three different companies. We should be able to get a good balance of games with new stuff and games with the old things we enjoy, because let's face it, we're all stupid enough to keep buying the games anyway.

And I'm all for the return of the HC crew and the spreadsheet. HC in AW was similar enough that we could've had a good run there. But Ty was vehemently opposed to the jumping around (I don't really blame him).

I'll probably still have C4 as my deadliest weapon even with the nerf.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I hope I still remember how to play this poo poo...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Do they have like 24-48 hour codes for XBL? I'd jump on to BLOPS with y'all but I ain't paying $25 to do it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Good BLOPS 2 games last night. I am worried that my 360 is dying, though. It seems like my connection got worse the more I played. I know hosts can be bad, but I'm pretty sure getting random one bars during games is not normal.

I never had a host migration act like I left the game and rejoined before, either. That probation I got afterwards was nice, too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The 870 is still the best gun. :woop:

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Do they have like 24-48 hour codes for XBL? I'd jump on to BLOPS with y'all but I ain't paying $25 to do it.

I could probably check my old games for ones I never used.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Ugh. Now I'm sad I traded in my 360 towards my ps4. Woe is me.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Nucka posted:

Ugh. Now I'm sad I traded in my 360 towards my ps4. Woe is me.

That brings up the question, how many of my 360 goons left for the PS4? Is that spreadsheet still around and updated?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Uhhh, I thought this was the WiiU cod thread?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
OPS as black as the inside of a vampire's closet. Black as gently caress.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Gothmog1065 posted:

That brings up the question, how many of my 360 goons left for the PS4? Is that spreadsheet still around and updated?

It is still here. Apparently 46 goons got it on PS4, although I don't know how much I trust "Wizard Master" so 45.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

It is still here. Apparently 46 goons got it on PS4, although I don't know how much I trust "Wizard Master" so 45.

Whew, if Blops3 has HC with team killing again, I can try for Jetpack's spreadsheet again.

Wazzit posted:

Uhhh, I thought this was the WiiU cod thread?

I thought it was a given we all got it on the WiiU, even those who don't have one.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Quabzor posted:

I could probably check my old games for ones I never used.
If there's another retro night that'd be swell. They have 1 month cards for like 6 bucks, but they're physical only.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So is there a BO3 Google sheet yet. Wanna know how many bros I can expect to play shootymans with.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Just copy and paste the old list, am I right guys? :q:

Guys?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Mister Macys posted:

Just copy and paste the old list, am I right guys? :q:

Guys?

More like Black Sucks 3.

I miss playing BO 2. That is probably my favorite COD. If Black Ops 3 has Kawaii camo then it's a day one buy.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Gothmog1065 posted:

Whew, if Blops3 has HC with team killing again, I can try for Jetpack's spreadsheet again.

Nobody tries to be on the spreadsheet - there are only people destined to be on the spreadsheet.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

The ratio of PS4 to XB1 from the previous game is irrelevant. More than one PS4 player, during the life of that COD, acquired an XB1 and purchased a second copy of the game for it. I don't believe the other direction occurred. I project many more XB1 players this time around making it a significant majority.

I'm sure one of Stu'a graphs could better illustrate my point.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Anyone else excited for November? :shepspends:

GHOSTS posted:

Hey guys!

I'm an old 360 COD multiplayer guy and I'm looking for a clan that doesn't suck. Anyone have (good) suggestions? I'm looking for a mature group of players (that are actually good at playing the game). If you invite me to a clan with 13 year old kids I will block you. I'm 23, I'm sick of all those annoying kids that shouldn't be on COD. I would like to join a clan that has similar interests. I have some great classes to share with you guys, I'm mostly an assault heavy guy but recently I have made a very good sniper class that I have managed to get perfectionist on already. So, who wants to kick some serious rear end?

WII U GHOSTS posted:

Does anyone else love playing this on the Wii U? drat that extra screen is nice.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Black Ops III Spreadsheet

How many of you guys are getting Splatoon?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Does the game have customizable death and injury sounds? I want an airhorn to go off when I get shot at so everyone will know it.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

JetpackJeezus posted:

Nobody tries to be on the spreadsheet - there are only people destined to be on the spreadsheet.

Well, getting to play with you on HC is a big drat step toward destiny.

Spoon Man posted:

The ratio of PS4 to XB1 from the previous game is irrelevant. More than one PS4 player, during the life of that COD, acquired an XB1 and purchased a second copy of the game for it. I don't believe the other direction occurred. I project many more XB1 players this time around making it a significant majority.

I'm sure one of Stu'a graphs could better illustrate my point.

I distinctly remember people on the PS3/4 complaining about how there was never anyone to play with, while the Xbox goons kept splitting parties so more could join in.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

More like Black Sucks 3.

I miss playing BO 2. That is probably my favorite COD. If Black Ops 3 has Kawaii camo then it's a day one buy.

I always enjoyed Treyarch CODs over IW CODs. May be because I started actually playing shootymans on Blops1.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

JetpackJeezus posted:

During the brief period of playing HC in Advanced Warfare, I think I teamkilled everyone but you. I definitely got Ty, Toast, Cactus, DJ, and Mascot.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gordon Shumway posted:

During the brief period of playing HC in Advanced Warfare, I think I teamkilled everyone but you. I definitely got Ty, Toast, Cactus, DJ, and Mascot.

I played hardcore?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

I played hardcore?

I'm pretty sure me and Mascot both goomba stomped you by accident during a round on Terrace.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Been doing a lot of surveys lately.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Wazzit posted:

The mustard line is way too low to be accurate.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm surprised "How much I hate myself" isn't breaking through the top of the graph.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mill Village posted:

I'm surprised "How much I hate myself" isn't breaking through the top of the graph.

I'm more surprised it has leveled off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Black Ops 1 needs to be corrected due to the presence of the Galil and M60- to 25 on the graph. :colbert:

Guess what nerds, heartbeat sensors are real now. Rainbow 6 (the novel) and MW2 got something right.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ent&sf9042777=1

quote:

Emergency workers were able to identify four men who'd been trapped in Nepal's rubble—and then save them—thanks to a novel technology: advanced heartbeat detection.
The recent rescues represent the first ever real-world use of advanced sensing technology developed by NASA and the Department of Homeland Security.
Two prototype units of that system, called Finding Individuals for Disaster and Emergency Response (FINDER), were sent to Nepal in the days following the April 25 earthquake. (Read about how Nepal could be rebuild for the next earthquake.)
“For me as the developer of the technology, it was like sending a child off to college,” says Jim Lux, who manages the project at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.
About the size of a carry-on bag, a FINDER unit is powered by a lithium battery and sends out low-power microwaves. The waves can detect subtle movements, such as the slight pulsing of skin that reveals a heartbeat. The waves can penetrate up to about 30 feet (9 meters) into mounds of rubble or 20 feet (6 meters) into solid concrete.
That turned out to be enough in Nepal, where several men were trapped beneath up to ten feet of rubble for days in the hard-hit village of Chautara, north of Kathmandu.

Nice to see that its first use wasn't to find and kill brown people. :unsmith:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Posting this here for my fellow canadians who are thinking getting this game despite the wonderful 80$ pricetag, amazon.ca is having a 10% off deal which you can stack with an additional 10% off by using this code: MAYSAVE10
which brings it to around 65$ before tax.

Now to know which version goons go to this time, AW lasted longer on xbox one goon presence wise but the overall population is bigger on PS4 so I'm wondering which version to get.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 18, 2015

• Locked thread