Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

RAIDEN: April 30th, why? Is there something special about it?
ROSE: Isn't there?
RAIDEN: Look Rose, I'm on an important mission right now. I love you very much and of course I'd never forget our anniversary, but sadly there are more important things for me to do right now. You knew what my job was when you started dating me, that's why you're on this mission right now. I'm so glad you're here with me right now honey, and not some kind of malevolent AI impersonating you in order to control my actions. Man, that would be weird, huh? Anyways I rented King Kong and we can watch it together when I'm done killing this vampire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me: Okay.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey sorry to interrupt this thread and everything but if you guys will just mosey on over to this thead ----------> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716709 <---------------------- and buy some of my art because i started painting and well, hell, I'll do it for steam games or for cash. Up to you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
tomorrow I am going to see avengers in 3D then post on twitter to bitch about how marvel films suck and how 3D is a dumb gimmick.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hey sorry to interrupt this thread and everything but if you guys will just mosey on over to this thead ----------> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716709 <---------------------- and buy some of my art because i started painting and well, hell, I'll do it for steam games or for cash. Up to you.

bless u

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Cyron posted:

tomorrow I am going to see avengers in 3D then post on twitter to bitch about how marvel films suck and how 3D is a dumb gimmick.

"Captain America's shield hits you in the dick then bounces back to him and he catches it while grinning"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cyron posted:

i'll look forward to it...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
NOT!!!!!!!!!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

Hmm, I could really use some rare Pepes instead of a dumb thread about the worst Metal Gear game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
MGS2 is the second best MGS next to 3 though... But yeah. Please buy some of my art

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

MGS2 is the second best MGS next to 3 though... But yeah. Please buy some of my art

I think it's like 3>1>4>2 but that's just my opinion.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

I think it's like 3>1>4>2 but that's just my opinion.

2 is amaZing for the bait and switch, fat man, the insane plot that was way ahead of its time (memes, the age of information, drones, PMC, eat). It's drat close to being first in my mind if 3 wasn't a perfect game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

2 is amaZing for the bait and switch, fat man, the insane plot that was way ahead of its time (memes, the age of information, drones, PMC, eat). It's drat close to being first in my mind if 3 wasn't a perfect game.

I think I might be biased against it because I played it when I was really young and didn't like it so much, so I might have to do it again recently.

Still, I think even the weakest MGS games are better than most other games in general.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

I think I might be biased against it because I played it when I was really young and didn't like it so much, so I might have to do it again recently.

Still, I think even the weakest MGS games are better than most other games in general.

Play it again, last year my friends and I played every metal gear game, even the 2d ones, in chronological order, and 2 still was still one of the best. Wish that collection was on steam.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Why the gently caress can't they just port 3 to PC all the other actual good games in the series already have ports

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

This is the correct Metal Gear Solid opinion.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If I recall 1 and 2 have PC ports but not the HD collection. 3 and 4 need to be on steam but... Konami

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
metal gear solid 3 is my dad .

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Black Baby Goku posted:

If I recall 1 and 2 have PC ports but not the HD collection. 3 and 4 need to be on steam but... Konami

1 and 2 do indeed have pc ports, thats how I experienced them.

2 was really good it needs patches for both nvidia and amd cards and in order to use the sword on kb+m they bound the stick movements you normally do to mouse movements that never register properly.

4 probably never will because of the ps3 but there's literally no reason 3 isn't ported

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

2 has the best story but the gameplay is kinda average.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

2 has the best video game protagonist of all time.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

2 has the best video game protagonist of all time.

Otacon is in 1 and 4 as well...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I mean the guy they make you play as.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

I mean the guy they make you play as.

HYaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I am lightning, the rain transformed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loving love Metal Gear.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

yeah man

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

metal gear solid 3 is my dad .

your dad is so cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watch the MGSV E3 2013 trailer probably once a month, if not more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, happy anniversary to the happy couple of Jack and Rose.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Metal Gear Solid V will be released, this year even.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I watch the MGSV E3 2013 trailer probably once a month, if not more.

You feel it too, don't you?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Metal Gear Solid V will be released, this year even.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ7kSCE7U_4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Just got out of class and was about to post this:

• Locked thread