Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I think the pearl clutchers are at fault for hatred becoming a thing people know about. Who would have noticed some lovely polish isometric shooter otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Byolante posted:

I think the pearl clutchers are at fault for hatred becoming a thing people know about. Who would have noticed some lovely polish isometric shooter otherwise.

it only became known because of GG cheerleading it, otherwise no one would've noticed

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
What are the good games coming out this month?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Carmageddon Reincarnation

That's about it I think.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Carmageddon Reincarnation

That's about it I think.

he said good games

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
oh in that case pony world 3 was just released and Hatred is coming soon I think?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

keep ptrying... I'm realoding my gun...

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I never played the new wolfenstein, should I believe Mr stux here when he says its a bad game?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

dat one portagee posted:

I never played the new wolfenstein, should I believe Mr stux here when he says its a bad game?

Nope. Wolfensten: The New Order is the loving poo poo, and the Old Blood looks to be even better.

It's the RAGE engine but they actually decided to use it for something fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dat one portagee posted:

its one of the most boring SP FPS games ever created and i've played through the single player of every CoD and battlefield so thats loving saying something

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Oh well that explains it, Stux has retardation from constant exposure to bad games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Oh well that explains it, Stux has retardation from constant exposure to bad games

if thats true then the new order is the game that tipped me over the edge because it was so bad. i didn't even finish it i got so bored.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

at least cod only lasts like 2 hours

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Here's what you need to know about the new order: You can dual wield fully automatic shotguns

These shotguns can also shoot shells that bounce everywhere.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Here's what you need to know about the new order: You can dual wield fully automatic shotguns

These shotguns can also shoot shells that bounce everywhere.

this also the pitch that got me to play it and let me tell u: no where near as cool or fun as it sounds due to terrible implementation and you're better off just playing duke 3d for fun gun time instead

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
well yes in virtually almost any situation you can think of playing duke 3d instead would probably be more fun but if you want something different i recommend the new order. peace

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ddraig posted:

well yes in virtually almost any situation you can think of playing duke 3d instead would probably be more fun but if you want something different i recommend the new order. peace

i don't because its really bad and dull with stale gunplay and is extremely overhyped. i had more fun with the order even.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
*in duke voice* i've got balls of CUM

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Stux is a Nazi sympathizer that can't enjoy the great American pastime of shooting Nazis on the moon.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
For real, if you can't enjoy blowing Nazis the gently caress up then you're a broken person who should probably seek help

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you're right, never before in history has a fun concept been blown by poor execution, and so forever more this shall be true. our edict: if it sounds like a fun or goofy idea, it must be unassailably fantastic, regardless of the material conditions of its reality.

signed, idiot children goon gently caress IDIOTS PRICKS

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Witcher 3 comes out on the 19th and that should be fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

unlikely

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Stux is there anything you enjoy?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

i will be playing advanced warfare, bloodborne and candy crush

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Stop responding to stux you idiots

technically this is a response

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Stux ownage doesn't work as well without Taint and Bowen imo.

Also, anyone who likes 4x games should get AoW3 and it's expacs. Hell even if you hate 4x but love grid turn based strategy you should enjoy it. I just killed a dragon by throwing literal poo poo from a bucket at it.

Also also, Dragon Age Origins, while better than Mass Effect 2, is still a very unpolished game and I don't know how it got so much love.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

you're right, never before in history has a fun concept been blown by poor execution, and so forever more this shall be true. our edict: if it sounds like a fun or goofy idea, it must be unassailably fantastic, regardless of the material conditions of its reality.

signed, idiot children goon gently caress IDIOTS PRICKS

Did I stumble into Reddit or something?

You know what makes stuff HILARIOUS?!? Adding tons of swear words!

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Stux posted:

its one of the most boring SP FPS games ever created and i've played through the single player of every CoD and battlefield so thats loving saying something

hear the words of a retard

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

Did I stumble into Reddit or something?

You know what makes stuff HILARIOUS?!? Adding tons of swear words!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This thread is stupid, someone start a better May thread.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you say that like this isn't what all of the chat threads are like. come, chat about games... welcome

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I didn't buy that or design it so my point still stands.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
much like clean coal, everyone talks about clean humor but no one really cares about using it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

This thread is stupid, someone start a better May thread.

:agreed:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717322

gently caress you stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this is still the official and proper thread please do not give legitimacy to the false thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Colonel posted:

I am going to admit it right here, Crystal Caves from DK64 is one of my favorite worlds in a 3D platformer.

I'm almost there in my current file. I have to finish Fungi Forest.

• Locked thread