Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't get why so many people got angry over Hatred. The reveal trailer was controversy-bait to a hilarious degree, but somehow people listened to that speech and got seriously concerned instead of laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know all that beautiful progress we have made as an industry, trying desperately to show the world that we are not, in fact, a bunch of manchildren that refuse to give up their toys and grow up, that videogames can be something more than mindless adrenaline-driven entertainment for hormone-overdriven teenagers?

Hatred decided to take a massive poo poo on all of that, while enjoying the sustain of GGers.

How does some some random indie dev making a dumb shooty game ruin the grand reputation of electronic toys?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

It doesn't, but it's a pretty gross strike against said electronic toys, and it happens in a situation in which it'd be really grand if this sort of childish "gently caress those sissy SJWs!" bullshit wasn't on the table.

I dunno, maybe it will be all forgotten two weeks after launch, but I would have much prefferred if the whole thing got nipped in the bud; meaning that the consumer base as a whole said "we don't want your edgy mass murder simulator", something like that.

Full disclosure: I am slightly mad. I am not going to lose any sleep over it, but it's something I wish found no legs to stand on.

You do that by not buying the game, not crying for it to get pulled like some people did, which is silly since it looks cheap as gently caress and in all likelihood nobody cares about it aside from the silly controversy it generated. It'll profit, but only because it's probably being made extremely cheaply, such that a tiny number of sales will make them money.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hatred is basically any given lovely bloody newgrounds game that graduated from flash to some cheapo 3D game engine.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

i hope hatred is bad and all the edgy 4chan kids waste their money

lol 4chan kids don't buy things

• Locked thread