Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nipple Floss posted:

I had tickets to UFC 151 to see Jones/Henderson, and Jon Jones got the whole card cancelled because he refused to fight a middling middleweight on short notice.

I had tickets to UFC 178 to see Jones Cormier and Jones dropped out of that card leaving a headliner with Chris Caraiso looking like he should have been sent to fight with an air sickness bag.

I really wanted to go to UFC 187 but had a premonition that Jon Jones would somehow ruin it again so I made the wise and obvious choice to get tickets to the New Orleans fight night because I'd like to see Daniel Cormier murder Ryan Bader and there's no way Jon Jones could ruin that for me.

And now here we are...

gently caress Jon Jones.

This was posted at the end of the April thread and was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah I didn't mention it then but that post was beautiful and I felt compelled to quote it in a "jon jones is dumb" fb group I'm in....which might be made of all goons but I can't keep track of peoples usernames much less real ones.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Northjayhawk posted:

PVZ is nowhere near ready. They have said many times that they are taking it slow with her. She'll probably fight some other top-15 a couple times, than maybe a top-5. She's not close to a title shot.

Exactly this, Plus she still has two years to become the UFC's youngest champion. I think it's inevitable that she'll fight Torres before she gets the title shot, since Torres beat PVZ in Invicta, and that should be an entertaining fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

The first 2 rounds are Anderson clowning like he's never clowned before, and talking poo poo while embarrassing Maia and it's super entertaining. He even does a Machida impression at one point. Just turn it off after round 2, because the last 3 rounds are him doing absolutely nothing to the point the ref threatened to take a point for passivity.

Dana threatened to cut him if he ever did it again.

Oh wow! Why was Maia not warned for passivity? Would it not require both of them to be cagey?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Oh wow! Why was Maia not warned for passivity?

Because he wasn't being passive. He was chasing Anderson around the cage throwing punches while Anderson ran away and at one point tried to hide behind the ref.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

EmmyOk posted:

Oh wow! Why was Maia not warned for passivity? Would it not require both of them to be cagey?

Maia was actually trying very hard but was quite gassed and his standup was so basic he couldn't cover ground or cut Anderson off, their reach difference was also very apparent. Even with that, Maia started like boxer-size step chasing Anderson around desperately trying to land while Anderson dodged and evaded.

The moral of the story is its remarkably hard to have a unilateral fight.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Because he wasn't being passive. He was chasing Anderson around the cage throwing punches while Anderson ran away and at one point tried to hide behind the ref.

Tan Dan's growing disgust with the proceedings was one of the highlights of that fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmao, a few days ago Joe Rogan had right wing blogger guy Chuck C Johnson on his show and had a rather highminded and long discussion about what black people should be doing.

Chuck has your average right wing bloggers rap sheet and they are both lily white rich dudes so people took offense. Joe was on twitter defending the whole thing, said he takes in all views and wants to have discussion with people across the political spectrum.

Always one to help, today Chuck posts on twitter

"You can't spell triggering without friend of the family. Coincidence?"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The best part was it was the first (and so far, only) card held in Abu Dhabi (whose government owns a 10 percent stake in Zuffa) in a purpose-built stadium that was torn down after the event was over. If I remember correctly, the rest of the card was actually pretty damned entertaining. Maia/Andy entertained me, but Dana was loving understandably apoplectic at the main event and grumbling about making Silva fight on the Facebook prelims or cutting him. Silva acted like a clown because Maia had a privileged upbringing and because Demien said he was going "to take one of the spider's legs". Really.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Come on. Joe is a pleasant pink color.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I didn't listen to it but I can't imagine there's much good discourse from a man who think Barack Obama is gay, like super gay, like has sex with men and not women all the time.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dangersim posted:

The first 2 rounds are Anderson clowning like he's never clowned before, and talking poo poo while embarrassing Maia and it's super entertaining. He even does a Machida impression at one point. Just turn it off after round 2, because the last 3 rounds are him doing absolutely nothing to the point the ref threatened to take a point for passivity.

Dana threatened to cut him if he ever did it again.

I actually thought anderson lost that fight, even though maia landed like 6 punches the entire fight

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Eat This Glob posted:

The best part was it was the first (and so far, only) card held in Abu Dhabi (whose government owns a 10 percent stake in Zuffa) in a purpose-built stadium that was torn down after the event was over. If I remember correctly, the rest of the card was actually pretty damned entertaining. Maia/Andy entertained me, but Dana was loving understandably apoplectic at the main event and grumbling about making Silva fight on the Facebook prelims or cutting him. Silva acted like a clown because Maia had a privileged upbringing and because Demien said he was going "to take one of the spider's legs". Really.

The worst part about it was the fight before, Frankie beat BJ Penn for the first time, winning the 155 title. Was a huge upset, and all of the attention went to Anderson's poor fight.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The worst part about it was the fight before, Frankie beat BJ Penn for the first time, winning the 155 title. Was a huge upset, and all of the attention went to Anderson's poor fight.

Yeah that fight owned. And then Doug Crosby (I think) trolled Sherdog a couple days later with his statement about how he judged the fight. I think Davis beat Gus too? Grove got murdered. I remember that. Gonna hafta look back at that card.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I didn't listen to it but I can't imagine there's much good discourse from a man who think Barack Obama is gay, like super gay, like has sex with men and not women all the time.

It was pretty gross but chuck knows how to hide most of his freak flag. The worst moments were him insisting there's a gene that makes black people more violent (joe did a verbal double take but didnt follow up), a lot of misogynistic weirdness and a part where the two of them were laughing about a boardroom of all white starbucks admins talking about black people.....after a 45 minute long discussion about black people.

Honestly in the "wow you really hate some people for dumb reasons" race to the bottom I thought his last one with adam corrola was worse.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
My favorite fights are the ones where BJ Penn loses

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

Also Dana promised that he would make it up to the fans in the UAE by ensuring that the next card there would be totally stacked, then didn't return for another four years, with a Fight Night card consisting of 8 matches headlined by Big Country vs the ghost of Big Nog.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

The best part was it was the first (and so far, only) card held in Abu Dhabi

I know it was a sad card (only 8 fights), but Nelson/Big Nog was there last year. It also included Guida grinding Kawajiri, a Rosholt grinding, and a 40 second no contest.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Whoops, forgot about that. Thanks for the correction.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
The one fight that sticks out to me from 112 aside from the title fights was Matt Hughes kicking Renzo's leg off. Think that was the first leg kick-induced TKO I can remember seeing.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Chuck Johnson pooped on the floor one time.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Eat This Glob posted:

munoz/grove is one of those super intense violent brawls that's somehow forgotten. it's an absolutely insane round and a half.

e: also the anderson/maia match up was about way more than some stupid comments. bjj is a rich dude's sport even in brazil. lily white people like maia are generally better off than black people in brazil (in fact I think maia specifically comes from money).

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 1, 2015

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao, a few days ago Joe Rogan had right wing blogger guy Chuck C Johnson on his show and had a rather highminded and long discussion about what black people should be doing.

:stare:

Intel & Sebastian posted:

Always one to help, today Chuck posts on twitter

"You can't spell triggering without friend of the family. Coincidence?"

:stare: :fuckoff:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So I guess Doug Crosby didn't alert the AC for the Iaquinta/Masvidal fight that he had a grudge with Longo's team, and in fact signed something saying he never had any issue with them. Included in the article is this gem:

MMAfighting.com posted:

As further evidence of a potential conflict of interest, Longo also said he received an insulting letter from Crosby at his LAW MMA facility in December 2013. Longo said surveillance footage showed that the letter was dropped off by a man Crosby refers to as his nephew. It also was not the first time Crosby had sent a derogatory correspondence, Longo said.

An investigation was undertaken by the Garden City (N.Y.) Police Department at that time and it was found that Crosby had sent "numerous letters and cards" to Longo at his gym and his residence, according to a police report obtained by MMAFighting.com.

The police report states that Crosby was contacted by officer Carlo Fracassa and advised to stop contacting Longo. Crosby said he would not have any further contact and all further calls from police could be directed to his attorney, per the report.

This sport is beautiful.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I don't think Doug Crosby should be an MMA judge anymore.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'd be mad but frankly I'm impressed that a mma/boxing judge might be aware enough of his surroundings to recognize a fighter by his camp and connect him to the coach he has beefs with.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Require More Fire posted:

So I guess Doug Crosby didn't alert the AC for the Iaquinta/Masvidal fight that he had a grudge with Longo's team, and in fact signed something saying he never had any issue with them. Included in the article is this gem:

This sport is beautiful.

You actually missed the funnier part -

quote:

Iaquinta told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour earlier this month that Crosby asked him to take part in a project through an intermediary and Iaquinta turned it down. Crosby denied that on Sonnen's podcast last week.

"I never offered him a role," Crosby said. "I never offered him anything."

However, Steve Koepfer, an MMA trainer in New York, told MMAFighting that he was the one who offered Iaquinta and one of his own students roles on behalf of Crosby. Koepfer said it was a small stunt part in one episode of a television show and Iaquinta turned it down because of Crosby's feud with Longo.

Interview requests from multiple members of the MMAFighting staff were evaded by Crosby over the past month. MMAFighting has been attempting to interview Crosby for more than a year, but he will not go on the record.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Hahaha loving Crosby. And because I spoke of the devil earlier this page, I did go find his crazy rant on the UG after the Frankie/BJ fight at Abu Dhabi. The whole thing is included in this link to Fight Opinion. Relive the crazy as new idiocy comes out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MMA is the best dumb as gently caress sport.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/05/before-alleged-hit-and-run-jon-jones-threatened-legal-action-against-the-nsac

quote:

Two months before an alleged hit-and-run turned his world upside down, Jon Jones threatened to sue the Nevada State Athletic Commission for violating his privacy, according to a letter the now-former UFC light heavyweight champion sent to the commission via his legal rep.

The attorney claimed the commission not only violated the World Anti-Doping Agency’s code, which allows for disclosure only in the case of a positive, but also Nevada law by releasing information not related to Jones’ licensing as a fighter.

As a result, he argued, the commission caused “permanent and irreparable reputational harm along with a $25,000 fine imposed by the UFC.”

“We haven’t quite completely let it go,” Jones said. “We wanna see what went wrong and what could be done about it. I’m not gonna comment too much on that whole situation, but I am aware that there was some foul play in the whole situation, and right now I’m kinda weighing my options.”

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

I'm not gonna comment too much on that whole situation, but I am aware that there was some foul play in the whole situation, and right now I’m kinda weighing my pile of cocaine

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Hes got them right where he wants them

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*the three fates sit and tend to the mother thread that governs mortal loves*

Hey Gladys, slow your roll, jon jones is about to appear like less of a gently caress up than the NSAC

Sorry, on it

*weaves accelerator to floor*

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Jon Jones is building his case brick by brick.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

What went wrong: You did cocaine.

What could be done about it: Not doing cocaine.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Did someone call Tecia Torres a dynamic striker? Lol.

Also Penne is gonna get murdered.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Trast posted:

Jon Jones is building his case brick by brick.

Ironic: he's usually destroying a case of bricks.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

EmmyOk posted:

What no one has mentioned yet is Silva broke Maia's eye socket early in the fight, so in addition to being called racial slurs for 25 minutes, he also couldn't see. It was garbage to watch but is sort of funny to remember.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Hey Jon Jones, maybe it is you who are responsible for your reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Maybe he should sue the pregnant lady for not being cool about it

• Locked thread