Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
e-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Frankie needs to get a mount or crucifix on Uriah at least once so the ref can run over and vaccinate him.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Shumagorath posted:

Frankie needs to get a mount or crucifix on Uriah at least once so the ref can run over and vaccinate him.

hahaha

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
After the Aldo fight I would have thought Uriah would have a better understanding of the dangers of polio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would have thought all MMA fighters would swear vaccines after seeing BJ Penn fight like he had lockjaw in the third Edgar fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Shumagorath posted:

lol

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I just caught up on the new TUF season.

1) how do we not have a thread for this yet
2) Lambert's constant whining about the Blackzilians "buying" their fighters and "not making their own" is pretty hilarious given his primary success in the UFC right now is Noted Homegrown ATT Product Robbie Lawler

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

fatherdog posted:

2) Lambert's constant whining about the Blackzilians "buying" their fighters and "not making their own" is pretty hilarious given his primary success in the UFC right now is Noted Homegrown ATT Product Robbie Lawler

I'm actually enjoying this season because of how different the dynamic is. It's a shame that more camps aren't big enough to run the team vs team deal every season going forward.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

fatherdog posted:

People have told me that you can walk into ATT saying you want to be a fighter they'll get you a fight in like 3 weeks, they're all about the money.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm enjoying it too. I figured no one cared a gently caress about it since there's no thread. I really appreciate the new graphics and production values too. really sets the series apart. enjoying it. both owners are arseholes.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

People have told me that you can walk into ATT saying you want to be a fighter they'll get you a fight in like 3 weeks, they're all about the money.

Well, I mean it's also hilarious because Lambert built ATT by poaching Liborio and Conan from BTT because he was a rich hotel/drug dude and had the connections to get them into the country.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I'm just waiting for Steve "Creepy Weasel" Montgomery to fight, hopefully in his cut-off flannel vest

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm just waiting for Steve "Creepy Weasel" Montgomery to fight, hopefully in his cut-off flannel vest

That dude looks like he should be running out of a warehouse at 3am with an armload of copper

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Warehouse copper theft looks a bit high class for him, seems like the kind of guy who nicks it from railway signals to me.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The fights have been bad too

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
yeah dana said things pick up on episode 5 so that's when I'll tune in and I will make a thread by then, 5 weeks into the show.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Is the new TUF only available on TV? Don't see it on FightPass.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
Usually episodes start to show up on Fight Pass a few weeks after airing on FS1 (I want to say three weeks, but I could be wrong).

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I saw an episode on the teevee at in was some guy I had heard of laying motionlessly ponst a European teen, and Andrews nakahara was there

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
why would Dana say 5 weeks? basically telling you a large portion of the first few weeks are poo poo. anyway, the fights have been rubbish, it's true. really glad we've two more to get through :(

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shumagorath posted:

Holy poo poo hahaha

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Current TUF fighters:

ATT

Marcelo Grilo Alfaya – 16-7; losses to Fitch (2013) and Ellenberger (2009)
Steve Carl – 21-4; win over Burkman (2013), lost to Palhares (2014)
Nathan Soulforce Coy – 14-5; win over Rick Story (2007), split decision loss to Woodley (2010)
Michael Graves – 4-0; 3 TKO/KO, 1 sub over bad competition
Hayder Hulk Hassan – 6-1; 5 TKO/KO, 2 wins over people on the show
Sabah The Punisher Homasi – 8-4 against trash opponents
Uros Jurisic – 4-0 in Slovenia!
Steve The Creepy Weasel Montgomery – 8-2; wins over Colton Smith (2012) & Brock Jardine (2014)

Blackzillians

Valdir BBMonster Araújo - 14-5; lost to Weidman (2010)
Carrington Banks – 3-0 against fighters with a combined record of 9-35
Luiz Buscapé – 18-6; wins over Tyson Griffin (2014), Volkmann (2013) and 2 losses against Kawajiri
Jason Jackson – 4-2; lost to ATT’s Hassan by TKO in 2013
Vicente Luque – 7-4; win over Thiago Santos (2012)
Andrews Nakahara 4-2-2(?); losses to Sakuraba (2008) and Chonan (2010)
Felipe Balboa Portela – 8-2; lost to ATT’s Hassan by TKO (2014), submitted teammate Luque (2010)
Kamaru The Nigerian Nightmare Usman – 5-1; all wins by KO/TKO

The drama amongst the coaches is pretty lame so far. The fights haven't been totally terrible yet and I imagine the tension in the house could get somewhat interesting.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Dana's bitching about boring fights is particularly stupid this season. He intentionally created a tournament system that rewards "winning" with same number of points whether the win is by finish or decision and is getting pissed that Blackzillians are gaming that by sending in wrestlefuckers to lay on dudes for 10 minutes. If it was something like 10 points for a decision, 25 for a finish, then you would have one team able to make a comeback with a single submission or knockout if the other team was just using Roy Nelson tactics.

Even in normal TUF tournament rules, there is a lot of incentive to hold back and not risk injury in early fights, and that's only going to be worse in a tournament where you aren't even fighting for yourself but for your team.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Dana's bitching about boring fights is particularly stupid this season. He intentionally created a tournament system that rewards "winning" with same number of points whether the win is by finish or decision and is getting pissed that Blackzillians are gaming that by sending in wrestlefuckers to lay on dudes for 10 minutes. If it was something like 10 points for a decision, 25 for a finish, then you would have one team able to make a comeback with a single submission or knockout if the other team was just using Roy Nelson tactics.

Even in normal TUF tournament rules, there is a lot of incentive to hold back and not risk injury in early fights, and that's only going to be worse in a tournament where you aren't even fighting for yourself but for your team.

Remember when Roy Nelson told his team that they were there to win, not put on a show, and Dana called it the worst advice he'd ever heard?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't think they make it available on fightpass until a few weeks go by.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

mewse posted:

Remember when Roy Nelson told his team that they were there to win, not put on a show, and Dana called it the worst advice he'd ever heard?

Team Nelson:
Dom Waters, Michael Hill, Cameron Diffley, Colton Smith, Jon Manley, Nic Herron-Webb, Joey Rivera, Julian Lane

Following Roy Nelson's advice is always a good idea.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

outy posted:

Team Nelson:
Dom Waters, Michael Hill, Cameron Diffley, Colton Smith, Jon Manley, Nic Herron-Webb, Joey Rivera, Julian Lane

Following Roy Nelson's advice is always a good idea.

I'll have you know Julian Lane is now the Classic MMA Entertainment and Sports (CES) lightweight champion of the world.

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

david carmichael posted:

I saw an episode on the teevee at in was some guy I had heard of laying motionlessly ponst a European teen, and Andrews nakahara was there

MMA fever dreams are spooky as heck

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Holy poo poo @ this thread title

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Shumagorath posted:

:lol:

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Watching Joanna champion TKO Carla was more entertaining than the "fight of the century". It was 18 years since I saw my last boxing match, and I don't think I'm going to watch another one.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Northjayhawk posted:

Watching Joanna champion TKO Carla was more entertaining than the "fight of the century". It was 18 years since I saw my last boxing match, and I don't think I'm going to watch another one.

Lid posted:

People shocked a counter puncher and a man who has not scored a TKO since 2009 resulted in a decision.
Edit: He's like the Machida of boxing, except without the neat KO/Subs-against gif memories.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Northjayhawk posted:

i'm sorry you can't appreciate very good fighting without even factoring in the cultural significance of the event

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
That fight was a chess match

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

‏@lorenzofertitta

Ordered a steak and got a salad. #MayPac

haha

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Northjayhawk posted:

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why did someone get super mad at you enough to give you this avatar.

e:

Nick Diaz on May/Pac posted:

Good luck to both fighters hoping no one gets hurt and everyone makes it home safely

https://twitter.com/nickdiaz209/status/594688370548150272

lol

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 3, 2015

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Good to know that Nick is committed to hating professional fighting regardless of the sport.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Aurain posted:

Why did someone get super mad at you enough to give you this avatar.

i think its because i said bad things about mick foley in a wrestling thread

also nick always looks super happy when he's not in any sort of fighting situation or doing anything related to fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
If only there was some sort of plant... a type of 'weed' or 'herb', as it were... that would cause Nick to feel these happy thoughts on a regular basis...

Seriously, though, non-fighting Nick seems like an okay guy. It's just that he hates everything involved in promoting and publicizing fights that he comes off like a persistent rear end in a top hat. And it turns out, the only time most people see anything of Nick is when he's promoting or publicizing fights, so, yeah.

acejackson42 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread