Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Note: Jeff Hardy got injured on his bike, so the tag titles are probably getting vacated. AGAIN.

THINGS 2 DISCUSS

-Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins is now a writer for the company

-The Wolves vacated the Tag titles due to injury. See above.

-Ethan Carter III is probably winning the world title in the next two months

-More money issues, with Taz leaving the company as a result

-Taryn Terrell turns heel, joins the Dollhouse (Marti Belle and Jade)

-:siren: Impact Wrestling is LIVE(ish) on May 8th! :siren:

THIS MONTH'S PPV
One Night Only: X-Travaganza 3
Debuts May 8

Sonjay Dutt vs. Tigre Uno
Jay Rios vs. Kenny King vs. Pepper Parks
John Yurnit vs. Manik
Dalton Castle vs. Rockstar Spud
Crazzy Stave vs. Jonathon Cruz vs. Sanada
DJ Z vs. Mikaze
Angelina Love vs. Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne vs. Taryn Terrell - Ladder match
Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards
Ultimate X involving the winners of the first six matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaVBQj80X0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA sucks

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Really? Kurt Angle is their champion? lmao.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
What's even funnier is that the Hardys are the tag champs.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol half of tna's champions are wwe burnouts

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bradzilla posted:

lol half of tna's champions are wwe burnouts

....all but one is significantly more than that.

80% are former WWE guys, and now TNA has finally reached the level where apparently they have put on some good shows, no one gives half a poo poo any more.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 1, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Singing Chav posted:

Really? Kurt Angle is their champion? lmao.

Destination America made them do it because he's an American hero (not even joking)

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Destination America made them do it because he's an American hero (not even joking)

To add to this, they took it off of (decorated former US soldier) Bobby Lashley because DA didn't think he was American enough.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

To add to this, they took it off of (decorated former US soldier) Bobby Lashley because DA didn't think he was American enough.

He wouldn't get into Hulk Hogan's beach bar If you know what I mean.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
So what exactly does Billy Corgan "do" here?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Golashes posted:

Fill the gap left by Russo to help make their currently mediocre but inoffensive storylines into something truly worthy of TNA

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Those bath turds :argh:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TNA is a vampire?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

B-Corgs did an interview with Esquire, which means it's time to play 'parse the quote' except this time it's not from Dixie.

quote:

On Monday, the musician joined the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling promotion as Senior Producer. In the role, he'll create characters, thread plots, and reframe TNA's flagship program, Impact Wrestling, with a Learian eye. "Any culture, and I don't care how hairsplitting you want to get, but the mainstreaming [process] is going to deal with the bias," Corgan says over the phone, calling Esquire from a studio session. "Where it splits is where you find story. Not in race or gender, but where people are dealt with. In the workplace. If we can have a woman President. Or rock stars who aren't supposed to be in wrestling."

Rosa Parks, Hilary Clinton, Billy Corgan

Also

quote:

He lives by TNA President Dixie Carter's mantra: there's no shame in entertaining people.

Zwan would like a word.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Outside of Jeff Hardy being hosed up as hell are there any other truly insane TNA moments that are worth watching? A highlight reel of TNA wrestlecrap? Is it really as bad as people say at its lows?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Golashes posted:

Outside of Jeff Hardy being hosed up as hell are there any other truly insane TNA moments that are worth watching? A highlight reel of TNA wrestlecrap? Is it really as bad as people say at its lows?

This is considered the bible of bad TNA moments - you can probably find all or most of these on Youtube or elsewhere if you search for the event.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
"Russo started by claiming TNA originally stood for Tits 'n' rear end and the promotion would've been "gritty". Some indications of this original concept remain (e.g. cage dancing girls and midgets masturbating in garbage cans). The latter would be mentioned at least three times."

:stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

^^^ welcome to the rabbit hole!

Golashes posted:

Search "bryan vinny TNA" on youtube and you'll find some amazing poo poo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Golashes posted:

homosexual polysensual panromantic bookings

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Golashes posted:

"Russo started by claiming TNA originally stood for Tits 'n' rear end and the promotion would've been "gritty". Some indications of this original concept remain (e.g. cage dancing girls and midgets masturbating in garbage cans). The latter would be mentioned at least three times."

Hold on, we need to clarify.

It was not a midget masturbating into a garbage can, it was a midget in a garbage can that was masturbating.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Golashes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6waZuFo5wo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TNA is going to forever change how we look at gender.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
TNA held a "Reverse Battle Royal". This genius concept saw half the roster fight outside of the ring to get into the ring. Once the set number of people had entered, they competed in an actual battle royal until two people remained (at which point the battle royal turned into a one-on-one match). Despite being widely lauded as one of the worst matches of that (or any) year, TNA held another one sometime later.

Uhh what?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Golashes posted:

TNA held a "Reverse Battle Royal". This genius concept saw half the roster fight outside of the ring to get into the ring. Once the set number of people had entered, they competed in an actual battle royal until two people remained (at which point the battle royal turned into a one-on-one match). Despite being widely lauded as one of the worst matches of that (or any) year, TNA held another one sometime later.

Uhh what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi9KP6aQmW4

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The rules are quite simple...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No matter how many times I see it I'm always amazed at how fat Rikishi got in that run.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i'm waiting for the funambulism world tag match

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

No matter how many times I see it I'm always amazed at how fat Rikishi got in that run.

No matter how many times I see it I'm always amazed at the tournament bracket.

Also TNA fat peaked with Cheex, and after seeing him I don't think it's fair to call anyone even somewhat vaguely in shape fat.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

No matter how many times I see it I'm always amazed at the tournament bracket.

that was the best :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Here you go Golashes - this might be easier than navigating LOLTNA

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653817

It pretty much begins and ends here though. I mean there's worse stuff, but this was probably the most high profile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V6ulxTRSDc

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

And really, it never gets mentioned, but my favorite moment in TNA history is when goons got Dixie Carter banned from Twitter for impersonating herself.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

And really, it never gets mentioned, but my favorite moment in TNA history is when goons got Dixie Carter banned from Twitter for impersonating herself.

lmao I forgot about that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

The rules are quite simple...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol thought this was 4:3 being strecthed to 16:9 but nope rikishi just fat as fuuuuuuck

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Also for bonus TNA, this is the tournament it led up to.

Also Christian originally pinned Kaz in the tournament final.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bradzilla posted:

lol thought this was 4:3 being strecthed to 16:9 but nope rikishi just fat as fuuuuuuck

at least he shed some pounds since then.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Look at how big the crowd is for that. Boy TNA has squandered so much potential. They were in better shape 5 years after their founding than they are 15 years after it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Burt Buckle posted:

Look at how big the crowd is for that. Boy TNA has squandered so much potential. They were in better shape 5 years after their founding than they are 15 years after it.

isn't that the original impact zone where they couldn't charge for tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

At that point they were running multiple PPVs, touring, and had more than double the viewers on them every week. Were they profitable? No, but they STILL aren't profitable and have none of those things to boot.

bradzilla posted:

isn't that the original impact zone where they couldn't charge for tickets

They're currently back at Universal in an even smaller Impact Zone where tickets are still free and they're still not pulling those crowds.

• Locked thread