Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Terrible Robot posted:

The theater you saw it at must have had hosed up sound mixing, even in the hectic action scenes I didn't have much trouble hearing the lines, and I have the same hearing issue as you; background noise usually completely overrides my hearing and voices get lost easily.

14" mentioned he liked the sound mix at another theater better.

Ah well. now I'm off to see Humpback Whales 3d on the new laser IMAX and then living in the age of flight. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Don't suppose anyone in the UK has a Timesert m12x1.5 kit? Or knows anyone with one?
I've stripped my loving m3 sump drain. Fffffffffff.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Just found these on twitter:

https://twitter.com/EmmyCic/status/603757874163163136

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Bape Culture posted:

Don't suppose anyone in the UK has a Timesert m12x1.5 kit? Or knows anyone with one?
I've stripped my loving m3 sump drain. Fffffffffff.

I have one in Norf Lundon.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mooseykins posted:

I have one in Norf Lundon.

Would you post it if I post it back the day after I get it? I'm in Warwick. I can give you like 20 quid or something for the trouble??
I'd really really appreciate it man if it's possible! I'm absolutely skint atm because of pads and discs otherwise I'd just have bought a set!

piss boner
May 17, 2003

fjelltorsk posted:

Our "old" house sold today, got a bidding war going and it sold for about 20% more than expected. No i really can stop stressing about having bought a too expensive house.

Very nice. I'm stuck dropping the price of mine because it is in a military town and there are tons of places for sale.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Bape Culture posted:

Would you post it if I post it back the day after I get it? I'm in Warwick. I can give you like 20 quid or something for the trouble??
I'd really really appreciate it man if it's possible! I'm absolutely skint atm because of pads and discs otherwise I'd just have bought a set!

Yeah, i'll have to check it's in my toolbox tomorrow and make sure it hasn't grown legs and wandered off. It's a V-coil set, so not a solid insert like Time-serts but should be fine as BMWs use sealing washers.

I don't have PMs on here, look up Moose on facebook to send address, my picture is a woman changing a wheel. (Yeah, don't ask..)

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I need some help gents.

My girlfriend's grandfather owns this Mustang.

1969, automatic, convertible, 302 engine, mileage currently unknown. Appears to be no rust (will examine this myself tomorrow) and is unrestored (original condition).

Where is the best place to list this for sale? Ebay? Is there a classic specific sales site? His asking price will be $33K. Located in NE Indiana.

Beautiful.

Unless there's some financial issues, why sell it? I know some people that are really into Mustangs (besides myself) that may seriously be interested in it. Hell, I may buy it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Also, how do i get the black thumbs..thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tide posted:

Also, how do i get the black thumbs..thing.

You have to buy a new avatar and [img] tag the black thumbs url into the custom title part

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tusen Takk posted:

You have to buy a new avatar and [img] tag the black thumbs url into the custom title part

NICE.

Thank you sir.

e: and crap, it didn't space out properly. Damnit.

IOC? HALP.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Welp, I'm in Japan now, packing up the hotel room at 6 a.m. because of jet lag. Yes, 1yen coins float on water and the taxis are pretty cool.

I'll have to make/pick a new avatar when I get back and add the Black Thumbs tag while I'm at it. :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Whereabouts in Japan?

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I'm gonna get the gang tag as soon as I get paid. Had planned on doing it today but I went into pacsun and ended up dropping 150 bucks on 3 new Hurley Phantoms and this beautiful bastard

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
At last, a gang tag I can believe in

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm thinking about getting a namechange and a mad max avatar.

hmm.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Holy crap I'm married.
Congrats!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Holy crap. Am I supposed to be this tired after a wedding? I'm not hung over but I'm exhausted.
And yes. We literally didn't do a drat thing the day after.

Holy crap. Having a 12hr long BBQ was a bad idea. People kept showing up and handing me beers and now I'm dealing with the consequences. Never been this hung over since my college days...

I'm getting old.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I turned 32 today. My Miata turned 75,000 miles today. My Saabaru turned 85,000 miles today. Maybe the cars and I are at the same relative point in our lifetimes.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
Happy birthday, blk, and 'grats, Mr. and Mrs. BrokenKnucklez!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tide posted:

Beautiful.

Unless there's some financial issues, why sell it? I know some people that are really into Mustangs (besides myself) that may seriously be interested in it. Hell, I may buy it.

I got the full story on the car, will post when I get home.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I had a big empty space on my desk that is basically out of reach, so i filled it with car stuff

vroom broom

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dONyv-Cwkoo

I continue to hate this loving state.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dONyv-Cwkoo

I continue to hate this loving state.

Why did the truck try to hit the bike? I feel an important piece of information is missing here.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

mah kids in duh truck :saddowns:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

Why did the truck try to hit the bike? I feel an important piece of information is missing here.

Beats the gently caress outta me. Best guess? Dude on the bike was going faster than the dude in the truck liked, so the dude in the truck decided to slow him down by force if necessary. This state isn't full of Mensa members, let's just get that cleared up right now :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Headbutt delivered.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial posted:

Both of the dudes had been zooming past his house. The dude filming has a video of him doing 174mph in a t-shirt. The entire thing is a cluster gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah the bikers were reportedly being asshats but that doesn't excuse the truck driver trying to run them off the road. And at the end they see him again and it's pretty clear they're going to go gently caress with him.

If you did that to a biker locally you'd probably be dead by week's end.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Phone posted:

Both of the dudes had been zooming past his house. The dude filming has a video of him doing 174mph in a t-shirt. The entire thing is a cluster gently caress.

Arkansas.txt

Rhyno posted:

Yeah the bikers were reportedly being asshats but that doesn't excuse the truck driver trying to run them off the road. And at the end they see him again and it's pretty clear they're going to go gently caress with him.

If you did that to a biker locally you'd probably be dead by week's end.

Yeah, the very end of the video, truck dude throws a bottle at them. I get the feeling there's gonna be another video eventually, dude said something on Twitter about there being a follow up one.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So I had someone ask me for a jump today.

Hook up jumper cables. Just get a click from his car. Threw a multimeter on the battery while he tried to start it, stayed at a solid 12.3 volts, no drop whatsoever when the starter solenoid clicked. Told him his starter was hosed.

:byodood: Nah, your 4 cylinder just doesn't have enough power to jump this car. :colbert: I need someone with a V8! (he was driving some kind of mid 00s Dodge 4 cylinder sedan, with a hot air intake, park bench spoiler, and a breather open to atmosphere on the valve cover :rolleyes: ) (also, I can usually jump others without even starting my car - and if I do need to start mine, I have a 120 amp alternator).

Cue someone with a diesel brotruck trying to jump it. Owner of the brotruck said he thought it was the starter.

:byodood: Nah the battery is just too dead. Let's hook up 2 cars at once, that'll get it to turn over.

So he convinced someone with a Toyota pickup to also hook up jumper cables.. at the same time.

Click.

Owner of the Toyota said he thought it was the starter. Guy finally admitted we might be right.

I whacked the starter with a hammer for him a few times. Still just a single click. My old Altima used to pull that occasionally (except mine would make a weird whine and the lights would get really dim), turning the key to start several times rapidly would usually get it to turn. I tried that, nothing happened.

He finally got a ride to AutoZone and got a new starter. Guess what? It started right up once he put a new starter in.

If you have 5 people telling you the same thing, 4 of them being car guys, there's a decent chance they may be right. Luckily for him, the starter was really easy to get to on his car, he had it swapped in under an hour in our parking lot at work.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
You know my wife loves me and understands my car obsession. For our gifts to each other I bought her some perfume and a small bracelet. She gave me a book that's called "Memoir's of a hack mechanic" by Rob Siegel (Roundel contributor), a land rover flag and my grooms cake was a cake that had rocks made from frosting, and some green grass looking stuff and a defender toy plopped on top. It was a big hit, she looked great. I can't wait for the pictures!

Plus we had the best wedding party, seriously, we couldn't have asked for better people to stand with us.

Yesterday was awesome, and we are super lucky to have each other. :3:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The girlfriend's in Indonesia and asked me for scooter recommendations. :kimchi:

Hopefully my budget doesn't go to poo poo and I can pick up the ND + a Grom or Symba this year.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

If those guys were going that fast down public roads they're gonna die soon anyway, so even why bother getting involved, just let nature run it's course with squids it always gets them eventually.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Phone posted:

Oooooh, so it's not some redneck being dumb, it's someone getting rightly upset by two squids. Yeeeep not going to end well.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

leica posted:

If those guys were going that fast down public roads they're gonna die soon anyway, so even why bother getting involved, just let nature run it's course with squids it always gets them eventually.

If it was just them I wouldn't have a problem with it, but a motorcycle at nearly 200 MPH is dangerous to other people around it. What do you think happens when a bike going that fast hits a car doing the speed limit? Or hits a pedestrian, or the rider loses control and it goes through someone's front door?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Phone posted:

The girlfriend's in Indonesia and asked me for scooter recommendations. :kimchi:

Hopefully my budget doesn't go to poo poo and I can pick up the ND + a Grom or Symba this year.

Someone that works in the library/IT department at work rides a white Grom to work occasionally, I always make extra trips to that building when they do to eyefuck it. They're so adorable looking :3: , it's like the bike version of a Miata.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geoj posted:

If it was just them I wouldn't have a problem with it, but a motorcycle at nearly 200 MPH is dangerous to other people around it. What do you think happens when a bike going that fast hits a car doing the speed limit? Or hits a pedestrian, or the rider loses control and it goes through someone's front door?

So take a video and send it to the cops then? Getting personally involved (i.e. running them off the road) accomplishes nothing.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

leica posted:

So take a video and send it to the cops then?

This isn't "just let natural selection run it's course!"

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
What's a squid?

Tbh, I could see this happening around here in BC. There are more than enough truly ignorant people living in this area and it seems that the further east of the Fraser River you get the dumber and more antagonistic people get.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Cakefool posted:

STR, does Amazon not give you the MP3 free when you buy the CD? They do in the UK.

Depends on the album.

• Locked thread