Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Personally my internet speeds are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
14", I am not surprised at all that you turned aero off for win-xp style.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Good evening thread, I'm getting really drunk and yelling, "gently caress the m20, what a piece of poo poo, the Germans must've done a poo poo pile of coke in the 80s, why oh why can't you be a x5x"

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 2, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
You're all a really depressing lot, you know that?

I love you guys

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

In the South, cutting and damaging Public Ed is being used as a way to kickstart private religious schools and force parents to either apply to a private Christian school or look in vain for a suitable public school.

There are 4 Christian Middle/High School charters within 10 miles of my house now.

Hey at least Gwinnett county has a sizable tax base and general affluence to support larger schools. We have neither of those in Hall. Well, we have Flowery Branch, which in and of itself is an example of horrific, racist gerrymandering specifically to benefit the Governor's grandson and ugh I just don't even want to talk about this again

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

I think Superducky is North Atlanta. I'm in Gwinnett.

Coredump posted:

Oh god both you guys are stuck in the Gwinnett/Hall suburbs?

I lived in Buckhead and Decatur for a few years during undergrad at State. Originally from Flowery Branch, and right back here, now. I start a new job in Gainesville on the 1st (oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys about that, hell yes!!!) and as much as I love it and would want to have a reverse commute it just doesn't make sense to live in the city and commute an hour and half again. Maybe in a few years I can find a job ITP and move back. Being literally 4 minutes from the sailing club is nice, though.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Congrats on the job. Still going to Wurthersee?

Yeah, man! The RV is giving me fits--hooked the water system up yesterday and it started pissing water all in the galley, and I'm still waiting on the freight company to show up with the new slide-out awning, and the e30 wont bleed even with a brand new GDCS, so, lots to do! But I'll be there, don't worry. Are you just going Saturday? We're heading up Friday mid morning to setup camp and hopefully get through town before it turns into a *total* poo poo show.

Last year I saw an aircooled bug, I poo poo you not, swap a transaxle he had chilling in his roof rack in, right on main street in front of the fountain. VW guys are crazy.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Tide posted:

I would give anything to leave here but the reality is, it's probably the same no matter where you go.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/perdue-draws-ethics-focus/nQm2f/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/ethics-complaints-filed-against-perdue/nQm6h/

I went to highschool with this corrupt piece of poo poo's grandson and he was the most entitled little bitch I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Not unlinke most people I went to highschool with.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
My favorite teacher in highschool was this hilariously overweight redneck. He was probably only in his mid-late 30s. Sharp as a loving whip, though.

His favorite insult/threat was, "I will bury you in east Tennessee!" Where he was from.

Also,

"Do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not, do not DO NOT! write on my test.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

No rush it's not going anywhere. Consider your dibs placed.

Engineering type question for you guys. We want a more accurate method of measure fuel left in the tank on the race car since the stock gauge is pretty poo poo on the track and the empty light stays on solid when we have 3+ gallons left. For aviation use they have fuel totalizers which are really nice and would do what we want but they're expensive and we're cheap bastards. I'm trying to figure out how we could make one with a couple flow gauges and maybe a Rasp Pi. That or find a cheap one.

That shouldn't be too hard with flow gauges assuming a complete fillup every time

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Hey, how far are you guys going to be from the main show grounds at the car show?

Pretty far north. I know you just moved recently so I doubt you're that familiar with helen, but, if you go through town and go to that gas station right past the left hand 90*, there's a 3 way. Hang a right there, I think the road is 384? and we're about 5/6 miles that way. After we do our morning drive Sat morning, we're planning on parking the BMWs at the campsite and riding down in the B5 and C---whatever the gently caress it is, first gen allroad, Avants and parking those in the corral parking since they're the only VAGs we'll have.

e: Well I guess we'll have a 944 too

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I've put my 2 weeks in at West Marine. Last day is the 22nd. I made a 4k sale yesterday so its not like they're going to fire me. Currently listening to hellacopters, not taking calls, and cracking my first beer in preparation for sloughing off around 5 in order to get to a buddy's wedding.

Happy Friday.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Sigma X posted:

Counterpoint:

While it does need less wheel by about 2-3 inches, the intent is good. :awesome:

White wagons ftw

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
For those of you not friends with me on facebook,

quote:

Let us pray. Oh, straight six, our God in charge of 50/50 weight distribution, as we enter into this most holy of weeks, where we begin the sacred rite of SoWo prep, we ask for your guidance and protection, oh Lord. We ask for the wisdom to protect our lips from curbage and the guidance to avoid drops which might damage our diffusers. We ask for your guiding hand over our valve trains, that they might not float, oh Lord, even though we may downshift to redline, oh, greatest God. And also for our clutches, that they might not slip even though they are worn and tired from us beating the ever loving poo poo out of them and that one time when we were drunk and did that one-two at redline and the rear subframe felt funny.
We pray your blessings upon the rite of soap and water that we are about to revive to save that one last bit of clear coat, oh Lord, the sacred sacrament of your body, such that our chariots are pleasing to your eye, oh, father, and that they may be a guiding light to those who do not know the one true path to salvation, through you, oh, loving God.
We would also ask your blessings upon our livers, oh, Lord, as someone shall definitely be drunk enough to ring the bell which buys a round for the table at that one bar, oh, God. We shall also ask your guiding hand upon whoever that poor gently caress may be's wallet because God knows he's not getting out of there cheap.
We ask your blessings upon the loving pigs, oh loving father, may they all loving die in a fiery crash off the side of a mountain this evening, oh all knowing God.
But mostly, oh Lord, We pray that that one vagfag that would have the gall to call out my BBS reps would be shown the log in his eye, oh Lord, as the splinter in mine and that he be thusly smited, yeah, dude, I'm sure your loving mkiv gti is real hot poo poo--come at me or gently caress off, goddamn oval office.
In the name of straight six in the front, manual transmission in the middle, and drive to the back, Jeremy Clarkson, and bourbon, we humbly ask these things in your name, oh, loving God, master of all in your realm, amen.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Stadium Arcadium is one of those albums that suffers from goodness-fatigue. Like, yeah, I have absolutely no problem listening to the entirety of the 123 minutes. The only album I've ever listened to in its entirety cover to cover more being Incubus' Morning View, but, drat, if the good songs aren't just that much better than the rest of one of the most definitive Peppers works.

I'd also like to personally thank the dude who uploaded this vinyl flac rip of the entire album in 2.8k kbps @96khz. I'll take your 1.15gb/song sizes and raise you a 3tb hdd, sir! :filez: :getin:

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 12, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Christ sake, 14", telling you to step back from the ledge might as well be the AI religion.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

angryhampster posted:

Morning View was a great album, but I loved (and still love) SCIENCE. It's in my Maxima's CD changer now. The whole thing is just :catdrugs:

This is my last week on 2nd shift. Tonight I celebrate with a Stone limited release Barleywine and too many tortilla chips.

I love stone brewing. Science is loving sweet. Incubus is coming to Atlanta in August, you're a good dude.

KozmoNaut posted:

Resample to 16/44.1, anything else is a waste of space and resources.
You can have space efficiency over my cold, dead RAID5

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Cat Terrist posted:

What else needs to be said?

Bourbon

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Gonna need more legalized weed to make it through the next 10 years of American politics.

Medical marijuana in Georgia! still illegal to produce or ship or sell within state lines and oh yeah its not actually a cannabinoid so we're still going to gently caress you hard no matter what and this is just a token thing because the children
*conservative care for children only counts in the unborn stage, once you're out of the uterus, gently caress you, bootstrap yourself up, son! Got mine!*

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Bourbon.

SoWo tomorrow and its a Friday so I'm doing the least amount possible. Hooking a buddy up with the West Marine discount for what would be 1200$ worth of paint retail and he's footing me half the difference. Also need to test the freshwater system and install the new slideout awning before my buddy leaves to take the RV up. Sloughing off work around 5 to head up there, about a 1.3 hour drive, and calling out Saturday. Hopefully they don't fire me but at this point, gently caress em, got a new job that I'm starting on the 1st and I've had this planned for awhile and I couldn't even have asked off on this day if I had made it a stipulation of my employment here 2 months ago.. Enjoy your "summer prep sale," you fucks!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

Didn't realize SoWo and Southern Worthersee were the same thing, huh. Have fun, my FB feed is a clusterfuck of people panicked trying to get their car drive-able to make the trip.

My e30 is still on jackstands. Needs guibo bolts and a fpr gasket. Oh well. The wagon it is, can't drive 2 cars anyway.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Watch out, commie, there's a mkiii gti for sale on the side of 384 right before 115

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Goon meet report: commiegir is good people. Weooooo

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Thanks again for coming up, Commie, let's do it again next year. You make it up to Chattanooga alright? I'm uploading the raw footage to youtube, now.

Also! You totally missed it, about 8 last night, Helen PD had to shut down main street because a crowd had gathered at the bridge and was goading everyone into doing burnouts. Will Brown has the footage on his phone, I'll get it from him. In the meantime, the city put this together that I'm watching right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ4OjJUm0ks

e: never mind they have some of it too @7:15

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 17, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I thought about posting the lyrics to this in response to all the addiction problems it seems have been going around AI recently.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has their demons, for sure. I've been known to indulge beyond my limits--with disastrous results--on more than one occasion. But, occasionally, you've gotta just step back and objectively look at your life; reevaluate what you've been doing and what your priorities are. Love you guys. Stay safe out there.

Since it's nsfw and might be offensive to anyone not raised on hip hop, here's the video itself. Bless you, our patron saints of Atlanta, Dre and Big Boi. (Bonus reference to the closure of the Doraville GM plant and an Audi 80? inside.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CssC-DY4lO8

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
This Z77 extreme4 is my first ASRock and other than the usb3 not working its been excellent. Will buy from them again.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
A summary of how driving a very heavy econoline with a throttle cable that was continuously stretching during the journey up a mountain and getting passed by your own car looks like:
https://plus.google.com/101408850234678122165/posts/DcdRhBM8g3P?pid=6151708503241884498&oid=101408850234678122165

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Jesus Christ, Hawks, on top of playing like poo poo we just keep getting hurt FUCKKKKKKK

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Anyone who doesn't consult a cop for anything even potentially more severe than a traffic stop is loving stupid. And that's coming from a white dude from the south.

Anyone who posits "not all cops" gets about as much credence from me as me telling a woman, "yeah, baby, that's the first time that's ever happened."
Don't gently caress around with people who have literal unrivaled impunity from loving you hard and for no reason other than to make their day.

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 23, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Well after spilling what I hope is enough blood for the rest of the year on my garage floor today, I finally have a massive headache. Don't get hit near the crown of your head with a 1/2 ratchet, boys and girls.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
AI does indeed need a gang tag

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

:awesome:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
So James Bond, Never Say Never Again AI-est Bond movie?

Yamaha 650 vs a goddamn Renault 5 Turbo

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Tusen Takk posted:

My wife and I may be buying a house in the next three weeks. It's almost perfect, two car attached and a two car unattached garage, 1400sqft, and while it's still on well water, we're going to see if we can negotiate the price lower to take into account the cost of hooking the house up to city water.

It's also right next door to my in-laws, which my wife absolutely loves.

Well water is loving awesome lemme go ahead and advise you to at the very least maintain the well as a backup source. It tastes infinitely better than city water, and if you have a fishtank you don't have to RODI the stuff so long as its low in minerals.

Grats on the house, otherwise, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I'm gonna get the gang tag as soon as I get paid. Had planned on doing it today but I went into pacsun and ended up dropping 150 bucks on 3 new Hurley Phantoms and this beautiful bastard

• Locked thread