Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
If you go to a small subway right at lunchtime and order 10 loving complicated sandwiches, without calling ahead or anything, I really want to feed you the curb with my boot and then set you on fire. Just fyi

This post brought to you by hypoglycemia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrChips posted:

Oh god this Roadkill is incredible.

It really was fantastic, I was laughing almost the whole time.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Beach Bum posted:

Yo uh can we get an AI group buy for those bottle openers?

My Klein bottle opener needs some company.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've weighed around 200lbs, give or take 10 or so, for the last decade. I'm 5'9" and stocky build so I can hide it fairly well but I know it's there and I've always been self conscious about the small gut I have.

Probably gonna start watching what I eat and drinking more fluids, I was doing well for a while and got down to 185 but that was a few months ago and the winter always puts me in a funk that makes it hard to stay on track.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I get the idea behind the number line and the "representations" of base 10 units and all, but I can't help but feel the real problem with math in schools is that kids just don't see the applications.

I would much rather kids do a cross-spectrum project curriculum than just tests.

Give the kids something like, we need to build a bridge and it needs to have these requirements. Now how do you figure out how much money you need to buy all this poo poo? Add it up. What do we need to remove to hit this budget? We need to write a proposal for that poo poo, how do you do formal writing?

Math is loving cool as all hell when you're using it for something. Just handing out arithmetic worksheets is the best way to burn out kids, regardless of whether those worksheets are about number lines, or base-10 blocks or whatever.

Quoted for loving truth. I absolutely hated math in school because it was super boring pointless the way they had us working through the same worksheets and tests with no "hey, this can be used to do X", especially algebra and stuff. It wasn't until I went to trade school where he had to apply equations and stuff that I realized just how loving awesome math really is.

Also

Lightbulb Out posted:

Homework is bullshit.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

ssjonizuka posted:

Welp. That sucked.

Condolences man :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Lightbulb Out posted:

A very friendly cat just showed up in the back yard.

drat, he looks just like my gray tuxedo that passed away suddenly last year :smith: Give that catte some rubs for me.

I'm glad it's Friday, this week was starting to drag rear end.

SFH1989, you'll be in NEAIs backyard, and they're all a bunch of stand up guys

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 8, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CommieGIR posted:

Keep it, and keep it stock.

That's gonna be one rare bird one not-very-far-off day.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

thank mr. skeltal

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Space owns, I hope the private companies figure it out and I can get buried on Mars after retiring there and living to be 150. :dance:

*looks around, checks news*

Humanity is gonna die on this rock.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Preoptopus posted:

Vodka. Pour it on he wounds, in your mouth, back on the wounds, pass it to your friend to drink while you operate on yourself. Its a party.

Came here to post this. Vodka is for everything.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Unf :awesome:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

If anyone lives near or finds themselves close to Charlottesville, VA (looking at you, Terrible Robot) you have to hike Humpback Rock. It was an incredible view and the hike up isn't technical but has some fun rock steps. It's also on Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Parkway!

Skyline Drive:

I haven't hiked up there in probably 10 years, but it is a stunning place. When I was up there a C-130 flew over at maybe 100ft, got to watch it come up from the valley to clear the ridge. It was :black101: as gently caress.

Also, my daily commute has views nearly that good, because I drive up the mountain where skyline drive/blue ridge parkway is every day. :smug:

I wish I hadn't had to work this weekend, we could have grabbed some beers at one of the many local breweries.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 18, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Preoptopus posted:

You guys keep saying Mad Max Mad Max but its getting its rear end kicked by Pitch Perfect 2 right now.

Further proof that Fury Road is the future we deserve.

Why wait? :getin:

can't wait to see it tomorrow omg

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mat_Drinks posted:

t minus 7 hours until I finally experience this movie! :dance:

I'm trying to hold the excitement in, but there are few movies I've seen more than the original trilogy. Maybe only Star Wars?

t minus 4 hours for me, I can't wait. I haven't been this excited to go see a movie in...ever?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
WHAT A DAY!

WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

So yeah I just saw Fury Road and holy loving poo poo, movie of the century.

This needs to happen

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

1500quidporsche posted:

Gave the pack to a coworker. Waste of $15 but I want to quit. Hopefully that wasn't too much of a setback.

Sweet tap-dancing christ, are packs really that expensive where you live? I quit because it was stupid and a waste of money and our packs only cost like $4-5 average.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CharlesM posted:

What was the point of that movie. Uhhhhh what are you guys smoking? Inhaling chrome?

I'm going to see it again today, my cousin hasn't seen it yet so that's as good an excuse as I need.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 26, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Just saw a work truck with a little chalkboard taped up in the back window that said "Single Parenthood: the liberal disease that destroyed America"

Glad to know my mom helped to destroy this country by working 3 jobs and making sure I got a good education :thumbsup:

Can we just launch the nukes already? I'm getting tired of praying for a rogue meteor.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MustardFacial posted:

I always think I missed my calling by not dedicating myself to being a machinist, or a toolmaker or a prop maker or something. Instead I spent so much time trying to shoot for the stars and missing that I've ended up with little bits of conceptual knowledge over a million different subjects that's gotten me in a dead end job that offers zero fulfillment.

This is so true it hurts, gently caress.

I'm tired of my Archer avatar, could somebody please whip me up a nice gif from Mad Max? Any scene with a car exploding will do, or if it's possible to do a gif that fits in the size limits, one of the war-boy jumping off the back of the truck onto the pursuing raider.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 28, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geoj posted:

In my experience the published start time of the movie is when the 20+ minutes of "coming attractions" previews start playing.

Yup, when I saw it on Saturday the listed show time was 10:10. Sat down at 10:22 and still had to watch 5 minutes of commercials before the movie started.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Saw Fury Road again. Still owns.

This year the Academy Awards should go to Fury Road. All of them. :colbert:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Yeah I'm climbing on board this bandwagon, blow me.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Holy crap I'm married.

Congratulations :)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

angryhampster posted:

The dialogue is limited in Fury Road, but very good..particularly Nux's speaking parts.

He really did get some of the best lines in the movie, and delivered them fantastically.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CharlesM posted:

Ahh, it kind of sucks, I have a hard time understanding when there's a lot of noise in the background, which is why I suck at phone calls sometimes too

The theater you saw it at must have had hosed up sound mixing, even in the hectic action scenes I didn't have much trouble hearing the lines, and I have the same hearing issue as you; background noise usually completely overrides my hearing and voices get lost easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Phone posted:

The girlfriend's in Indonesia and asked me for scooter recommendations. :kimchi:

Hopefully my budget doesn't go to poo poo and I can pick up the ND + a Grom or Symba this year.

Someone that works in the library/IT department at work rides a white Grom to work occasionally, I always make extra trips to that building when they do to eyefuck it. They're so adorable looking :3: , it's like the bike version of a Miata.

• Locked thread