Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Devyl posted:

Since my NDA is gone and I no longer work for the company, would there be enough interest for me to start a thread about how certain automotive companies' chassis parts are built and the bullshit/hilarity ensued during the process?

What are the odds I'm going to feel like I'm rolling around in a death trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I too would like to purchase two of these fine bottle openers and would happily send money for them to a predetermined place.

(watch us run them out of bottle openers)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Truck has been sitting for over a year. With nothing more than a new battery, an at extension housing seal, a few fluids and new plugs/wires, she fired up like I'd only left her sitting overnight. I missed my truck. :kimchi:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Also I've somehow been crowned defacto car guy at my new job and given all the privileges that come with it, like my boss calling me on my day off to see if I'm free to help her friend order car parts on the internet :psyduck:

Is her friend hot? :pervert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Oh, her excuse for it was even better. Apparently she was "picking ticks off him because he's from Texas and not used to how bad the ticks are up here." And she was bare assed because she had a mole on her leg or some poo poo? I don't even remember, her justification was hilarious. On the plus side, I know exactly what his car looks like, and it's real fuckin' obvious and stands out :v:

(Not saying I'm gonna gently caress with his car, just that I now know what to watch out for in case the dipshit decides to try something.)

Odd, I don't remember the ticks being that bad. :v:

Arriviste posted:

Now I have a new euphemism for blowjobs. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OctrGD4JW8U
It works for the other way around! (I'm sorry for the terrible country)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

When pulling the gas tank out of a suburban or avalanche, just unbolt the bracket that holds all your evap emissions poo poo in 5 minutes instead of spending 20-30 minutes loving with stupid quick disconnect fittings. :eng101:

And try not to drop the heavy piece of poo poo onto your face like I did. That hurts, alot.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 11, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tide posted:

Wife wants a boat. Don't think wife knows how much boats cost to buy and maintain. Wife doesn't know the phrase "Two happiest days of a boat owners life is the day they buy it and the day they sell it". I can always borrow my best friends boat. I use it more than he does anyway.

I want a boat, but at least I'm realistic about it.

Basic care and maintenance helps prevent a lot of the more expensive problems from showing up, same as a car. And doing the work on it yourself easily brings it into affordable range.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Sorry to hear that. Also, It seems that your grandmother has a thing for complete and utter badasses.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I found my 150mw green laser and the spare rechargeable batteries for it. Now I'm smoking my hookah while shining the laser through the smoke and giggling like a moron. I think I need to get my bigger 1.4w laser with the swappable lenses for other effects and take it to the hookah lounge on a Saturday night now.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tide posted:

If you meet an rear end in a top hat in the morning, you meet an rear end in a top hat. If you meet an rear end in a top hat all day long, you're the rear end in a top hat.

It has now occurred to me that after 42 years on this earth, I'm the rear end in a top hat.

No, theres just alot of assholes out there.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Went out and saw mad max tonight. I swear the only reason they had any semblance of a plot was so that they could have more cars chasing them, more scenes of cars chasing them and more loving explosions. This is in no way a criticism.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Was gonna go home and drink some beer after a lovely day at work, instead I spent nearly an hour helping my elderly alcoholic neighbor get up from where he fell on his driveway. He won't get the help he needs, his kids/family won't talk to him and he's just slowly trying to kill himself by getting shitfaced constantly and smoking like a chimney while refusing to see any sort of doctor or allow an ambulance to be called when this kind of poo poo happens because they would baker act him.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

MrChips posted:

I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA

I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN :black101:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I helped move somewhere in the range of 200-250 individual brake rotors today. I think I need to go take a nap now.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If it was a little black handheld unit, no it doesn't. We have the same one and I can promise you it doesn't.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

I'm sorry, but what the gently caress? If you go to an in-network hospital, all the doctors at the goddamned in-network hospital better loving well be in network. This kind of rear end-hattery is even worse than the fact that I have to pay the goddamned doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, x-ray tech, pharmacist, janitor, AND the loving hospital individually.
gently caress 'em all - try to get blood out of a turnip assholes.

So you guys were all busy over the long weekend. Lot of posts to wade through.
I did not go to see Mad Max again 9yet), but I did go to see Tomorrowland. I liked it. Those of you who revel in dystopian SF will not like it. It invokes some of the optimism of the space age and "old fashioned" scifi, which I like. Pretty fun.

Went to a wrecking yard with a friend and grabbed a few bits for my P71 and my former Jeep. Also installed a remote start alarm on the cop car. Did all that while dodging raindrops, because it's STILL loving RAINING here in N. Tx. I know the lakes aren't quite full yet, but can we wait a week or so between thunderstorms? People are literally floating off to the Gulf.
Several of the north Texas lakes are actually hitting 15-20 ft high from what I hear. Along with your rivers being way above their banks.

Also, I helped some cute redneck girl change an ignition coil in our parking lot today while her boyfriend looked on and got pissier and pissier as he failed to do anything of use until he got told to sit on the curb and stop "helping". Today was a good day.

Edit: I actually considered doing the old "and here is a card with my cell on it. Feel free to call me if you have any further problems with the car ;)" bit, but I figured he'd find a way to destroy it. :v:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 27, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

We had a scat pack challenger the same shade of blue as dad volk's viper roll up today. It was drop dead gorgeous in the Florida sunlight, shame I didn't get a picture since he drove off so fast.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I tempted every time I see a car with those to get a bunch and put them down the side of my truck like a kill card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Oh good. Will they stop playing that loving annoying commercial on 98 rock now. I was hearing this poo poo almost constantly while driving.

• Locked thread