Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Are otterbox cases still considered to be decent? Picked one up for the S5 on sale for $20, and a 32gb SD card on sale for $19.

I like mine for my LG G3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I spent today delivering auto parts, then the first part of the evening at a large Derby party drinking whiskey sours and watching the race. Now I'm winding down with a cigar and whiskey neat in my deck and debating getting my mower running or selling it.

Some days are good days, I suppose.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Tide posted:

Today has been an awesome day.

No work. No work on the house, really for my first real day off in what seems like 6 months. Not that I don't have an anything to do (so much is still in boxes or whatever). But today I MADE myself not do anything but spend time with my son. So...

Today has been nothing but me and the kid day. Got up, loaded up the boat, went to waffle house for breakfast. We went fishing (caught a boat load of bass and brim). Seriously it seemed like every other cast was fish on. Got some much needed sun. Bought a bunch of goodies from a farmers market. Grilled and fried said fish. Played some basketball, threw the football, played some plants vs zombies on the ps4.

Even more importantly was simply having quality time with my son. Needed it, big time. I think he needed it too. I was sitting on the couch, he came up out of the blue and gave me the biggest hug and said thanks for taking him fishing, thanks for a great time, hope you had a great birthday, and I love you.

In tears writing it and thinking about it.

Sounds like the type of day I remember having with my dad. In other words, great job.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mungtor posted:

Beksinski is fantastic. Poor fucker was stabbed to death by his neighbor's kid or something. It's like his art is where ID games got their ideas for Quake, etc, and maybe a hint of Dune in there too. I just wish there were more high res images of his stuff available.

Seriously. Beksinski is great, gently caress the pos punk that stabbed him over 30 bucks

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
415lbs and a hosed lower back until I get ortho inserts and PT. I was down to 370 a few years back, but losing jobs and gyms hosed me hard.

Of course new principal has decided to clear house so I'm out of a job and my back is hosed, so I'm not doing so well right now.

Don't be me.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I hosed up once hooning a parking lot at night and "just" rashed my wheel on a curb. Several months later when I took my car in to have a once-over before a road trip, they found the bent control arm. You might wanna check that.

Hell of a last few days for me - got a hysterical, incomprehensible phone call from the GF of which I was only able to gather to go to her parents house. I work about five miles away, so I sprinted to my car and broke many laws arriving just in time to see the paramedics roll out. Oh poo poo. Ran inside, found the GF in hysterics. Seize girlfriend, drive to hospital. Find out her mom had a massive loving stroke and "things are not looking good, but we have this risky new procedure...". Her dad signs the release, and we wait.

Three hours later we are talking to her mom in the ICU, and it's like she only just took a nap - no loss of motor skills, no memory loss, nothing. I am still blown away and trying to de-stress. It's like nothing ever happened. We spoke with the godlike surgeon later, and it was a lottery ticket's worth of good luck, timing & genetics but (from what I gathered) - essentially he pulled off a miracle using a technique for brain tumors to remove the clot. Like, literally a catheter/plumbing snake run into the brain to grab the clot out. If any one of many extremely likely scenarios had played out, she'd be (at best) in a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

:stonkhat::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

I lost my grandmother to several strokes. Having seen the alternative, I am very happy for you and your GF that it worked out :toot:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Sorry jackass. Different model air filters cost different amounts of money.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I drive a hatchback Sonic for delivering parts. I like it except for the transmission. I have to be careful pulling into traffic as it doesn't respond quick at all to the throttle. I'd drive one as my own vehicle with a manual trans.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
The gently caress is "GM a/c putty"

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
poo poo, I need to take a personal day to drink and smoke cigars. Four days left teaching some of the best kids I've ever taught and I'm sitting here with the knowledge that the new principal has fired all of us is incredibly heartbreaking. Plus I have no clue where I will be teaching next year.

Then I get to look forward to working in auto parts full time during the summer instead of just weekends. Yay.

A day off to drink and smoke with my dog would be much appreciated right now.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

1500quidporsche posted:

How frequently do you guys take personal days?

I never take them but since its becoming real obvious there's no future at this company I see no reason I should put in a full effort.

I really enjoy what I do and it's extremely unlikely a sub will actually show up at our school because it's "bad", so I don't take days off. I've taken one so far to go to the doctor and a couple for CPR and CPI trainings.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mariooncrack posted:

Do you work in urban education? I really feel for you if you do

Yep. It's technically a suburban school, but it's just like an inner city school as far as demographics and socioeconomics are concerned.

E: look up Rita Pierson's Every child needs a champion to see the teacher I want to be.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 20, 2015

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Hardest day I've had this year. My whole body aches. Thank God for ice cold liquor.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
gently caress if I know. That poo poo is stupid. I'm tired as hell and out of booze. Didn't even have enough to get a buzz.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

CommieGIR posted:

I need to build a controller setup for KSP

I need to build a desktop so I can get back into KSP.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Super Aggro Crag posted:

He said it checked for that too. Looking at the print out it says the battery, alternator, and starter are all good. The only thing I can think of is the headlight wiring harness I replaced a couple weeks ago. But that was just 5 heatshrink butt connectors... Gonna check it out now anyways.

Sorry, but dude lied. Our units don't test for draws. Hell, the alternator test is only halfway decent too.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Posting from a renaissance fair....

Turkey legs and titties. So many titties.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Got fired from my current school (new principal coming in and she's clearing house). Any other school I work at will definitely be farther away than my former 7 minute commute. On the upside, wife gave the go-ahead to buy a cheap 5-speed 4-cylinder beater car come tax time (if we manage to get a loving refund next year :argh:)

Expect some sweet :rice: action to go down if this happens. Never owned a car that wasn't my primary driver, so I've never been able to do ridiculous poo poo without fear of being without a ride.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Shoulda let Advance install it.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Welp. I need 2 grand now:
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5013006821.html

I had a 5spd '03 Ranger that I loved, but wrecked. Getting another one as a cheap DD would be fun, doubly so if it was 4 wheel drive. I got 23-24mpg in mine, but it wasn't 4wd; I'd expect similar in a 4wd model. Still, 20-22 would be a lot better than the 16-17 in my F150.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I must be weird because I like the previews. It's like the only real surprise of the movie experience. I know what snacks I'm getting and I know what movie I'm seeing and basically how it'll turn out (e.g. Batman always wins). I have no clue what previews I'm going to get, and making fun of bad or dumb ones is always fun.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Me and my buddy are going to replace my struts, shocks and springs soon. Are there any other random pieces to replace instead of reuse while I am doing this? My strut mounts are like ~3 years old. I have KYB struts and shocks and Eibach springs. Just wanna make sure I have everything I need before we tackle this.

EDIT: I will be replacing the insulators, bellows and bumpstops. I have to trim the bumpstops down 30mm in the front and 13mm in the rear for these springs anyways.

I may be totally ignorant here, but what about sway bars / links? Ball joins / control arms look alright?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
"Hey, what hours would you like to work? You okay with opening some days and closing others?"
"Fine with me. I just don't want to close every night."

Guess who closes every night Wednesday through Saturday? :suicide:

• Locked thread