Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh FFS I was just about to post the May thread. It was going to be about kittys, flowers and burnouts :rage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Hey guys. Hand me down laptop showed up today.

Unless I'm doing something wrong it took me a solid five minutes to figure out how to resize that in paint and get it onto imgur because apparently windows 7 refuses to honor the desktop AS MY SOVEREIGN loving LANDS

E: OH MY GOD THE FORUMS FONT LOOKS LIKE rear end

I'd rather get kicked in the balls than touch Imgur. gently caress that pathetic shithole

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

oh god the new roadkill... Im sore from laughing!

I...... honestly think that was the funniest episode of all so far.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

MrChips posted:

Oh god this Roadkill is incredible.

Roadkill is better than Top Gear.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

goatse guy posted:

It took an entire bag of training treats, but Harry is cool now. They're both chilling in bed with me -- I've got Harry under one arm, and Turbo's head on the opposite shoulder.

A Bluey..... wow. That's not even something you see a lot of even in Auststralia anymore unless you go Outback. Great dogs, they do need a fair bit of exercise and are loyal as. - to the point they get touchy with strangers. If I got a dog that'll be the one I would get.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Watching comic book NEEEERDS and "Cosplay Enthusists" argue over how someone looks in a comic book movie is so, so, so utterly hilarious. IMPOTENT RAAAAAAAAGE!!!!

I have distain for both at the best of times but the amazing slapfight breaking out over Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad(? No real idea on that one, dont give a poo poo otherwise) is just sooooo glorious at how mortally offended they are getting. You would think somoene shot their mother and raped their dog for all of the rage and hate flying about!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

This pretty much what a lot of them are like. It's hilarious when you consider how many iterations of any given character there are over all the years they've existed and how what's "canon" basically gets thrown in a sack and beaten to a mush against a wall on a regular basis.

Plus the fact comic book movies are NOT made for comic book nerds. Buckley explains it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqTYg6v_6v4

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Devyl posted:

(for example Bugatti's requirement of x-raying the Veyrons' wheels every other tire change)

....The gently caress? How bloody much does it cost to actually service a Veyron anyway and do you get a week with a high priced hooker thrown in?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Best weight loss idea ever - dropping soft drinks full stop. The whole just water thing really is as good as it's made out to be

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Hey Cat Terrist, whatcha doing in Radelaide and how long ya here for?

I had to stop and ask who the hell did I tell I was in Adelaide then rememebered there's a couple of pictures I've been tagged in :) - Nice canoes ASC are building :)

Just down for the weekend, went to an 80th birthday today and caught up with the adopted brother. I'm at Semaphore, going up into the Hills tomorrow to some chocolate factory / winery. If you want to do a flying hello, let me know on da Facebooks.

The last year has gone by really oddly (46 tomorrow!) - it feels like only yesterday it started but also has gone by very slowly - I've packed in a hell of a lot on the last 365 days and so much has happened. Honestly, if the rest of my life goes the same way I'll be very happy. It kinda seems like I've finally started to get myself going in the right direction after some years of poo poo just not working out. I know there's a bunch of atheists here but I'm a God Botherer and I've been having a lot of faith based issues and also been going through a lot of depression at how hosed up life seems to get - I feel like I've started to get it worked out what exactly I want to stand for. None of this FYGM Religious Right racist / sexist / homophobic crap and much more for actually poo poo like giving a gently caress about the poor and haivng an extreme dislike for hypocracy - studying the Bible and then making GBS threads on the less well off is exactly the kind of thing the Church does too loving much and it stinks. I completely understand why Christians are seen as scum when you look at the assholes who gently caress over dem poors / blacks / LGBT and utterly ignore what the guy we say we should follow actually did. Oh and dont get me started on the Megachurch crap, that's pure moneychangers in the Temple crap and Jesus got REALLY pissed at that.

Sure, you could say it gets me to sleep at night. It's a crutch or whatever. Eh, maybe it is and it's a load of shite but I hope faith inspires me to be less of a RL dick and actually DO something good. And if say there is nothing out there, I'd rather go to the grave knowing I've made a real effort to not be a dick and a hypocrite.... and maybe, just maybe made the place a bit better. But I do think there's something out there and I'd rather say fce to face to that I was real about my faith and not been a dick to others ESPECIALLY if they dont share my views of faith - but believe me I wont tolerate racism / discrimination / homophobia etc. We're all fuckign humans and dammit, you should only be shouted down and shunned if you are a loving idiot.

Sorry about the diversion there - I honestly didnt think I was going to write that. Eh, whatever, have a good day :)

(But seriously, gently caress the Religious Right, loving homophones and hypocritcal assholes. They wouldnt know the real Jesus if He came back and called them Pharasees to their face)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Been driving a 2015 Toyota Yaris all weekend. Really surprised - gutless turd of a car but honestly a bright chirply little thing that is strangely a hoot to drive. I never expected a Toyota to be such a cheery and happy car for all it's otherwise many faults - just goes to prove a car with character is what makes for a car you want to drive.

Also makes you appreciate the brute force of 6 litres of V8. Poor little thing was having probblems climbing Adelaide Hills, the Commodore just powers over anything. Still.... cant say I would poo poo on a Yaris anyore, I'm just so surprised Toyota makes something that's not an appliance.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

So what do people think the chance is Tesla will hit the numbers they're talking about on the Model III? 200mi range, $35k, charge in 25-30 minutes - https://www.minds.com/blog/view/443508465227272192/tesla039s-model-iii-goes-200-miles-per-charge-and-costs-35000 If they can actually hit that I'm going to be very tempted to pick one up...assuming the car isn't a complete piece of poo poo to hit those number.

Also got a look at a Tesla Model S85 on the weekend. I knew they were supposed to be good cars, had no idea they were THAT well screwed together. Apart from the hilariously huge centre console screen, if Tesla is the future, bring it the gently caress on. I also have no real doubts they'll pull off their proposed numbers, they really have done some pretty bloody amazing things with the Model S and also all the recharging infrastructure. Hell, I was pretty amazed the Tesla owner drove from Melbourne to Adelaide, that's so far beyond what I thought any EV would be capable of.

At the very least, Tesla are making people see an EV actually CAN be done and it doesnt need to be boring.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

My thoughts exactly. Dad's planning on pre-ordering the Model 3 as soon as it becomes available. Did you see the Powerwall thing they apparently announced the other day - http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall. Leave it to Tesla to make a big battery sexy.

The real thing to notice is that Tesla are designing in the ability not to be cemented to one battery tech - if technology changes, everything Tesla does can also be changed almost at a moment's notice. They really are thinking everything through properly from end to end.

Elon Musk doesn't just want to change the world - he's actually doing it and others will follow.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Today is one of the days when a) you get reminded life can utterly suck but then it gets better and b) There are some complete assholes alive but the really good men / women who leave us more than make up for it. as in their own way, they made the world a better place and we are poorer for their passing.

10 years today seperated. Yep, poo poo does get better and life does take some highly unexpected left turns

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Not all houses cost half a mil, you know.

Pretty much, most of them in Australia are getting well past that mark. half a mill sounds cheap.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3phb0uF2sPQ

MCM are finally testing their new Mad Max S15 :getin:

gently caress Top Gear, the last episodes of MCM and Roadkill have utterly blown it away

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

A girl I used to work with was outed as a prostitute on Facebook. She had a pretty bad meltdown which ended with her threatening to have the person who outed her (former best friend I gather) killed before deleting her profile.

I can completely understand why she would have a meltdown. Whomever outed her is a poo poo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The reviews for Mad Max are unbelievable. I was not expecting such a critical love-in and the real people that have seen it also think it's fantastically demented and brilliant - and the car chases make F&F look like it's kiddies playing in the dirt.

All I wanted was to see and hear The Interceptor one more time, looks like were getting so much more than just that. It looks like we really are getting AI : The Movie.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

I heard a review this morning by a reviewer who usually loves art house stuff, and he was gushing over this movie in a really big way. The reviewer even mentioned that he's not a car person, but each time a car was started up or revved in that movie it felt amazing.

And that's what's truly surprising - the hoity toity are pretty much in lockstep with the fans of smash em bash ems in how good Fury Road is. People are seriously losing their poo poo for this movie big time.

The stupidity of MRA's always has new ways to surprise.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

kastein posted:

That lines up pretty well with my analogy, I bought my Forester for $300 or so with no engine and tried to register it. The paper pushing bureaucrat at the RMV insisted that since there was no sale price box on the title (NY titles don't have one, unlike most) I absolutely had to get a bill of sale from the seller. Who was 200 miles and a previous owner away, because a friend bought it and never got around to registering it before determining it was a basket case.

Guess what? It was irrelevant bullshit anyways because once I got that stupid form, they taxed me on the $3800 NADA fair-condition value anyfuckingways. Gimme a pile of paperwork to prove what you paid for it, oh gently caress you we are gonna charge you the higher rate regardless!

So, uh, welcome to the club of getting hosed by the government based entirely off bullshit I guess :sigh::hf::sigh:

(I got lucky, it was like $275 tax. Sorry dude.)

I tired to register a car once, the RTA refused... because they thought it was a stolen trailer.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

The only good politician is a dead one

What else needs to be said? They are all a pack of bastards.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

meatpimp posted:

That used to be the case, but it's oldthink. 20 years ago? Maybe. 30 years ago? Yeah. Since then, the entire system has been sold out from under us. The specific politician in "power" doesn't matter one whit, it's only coloration of presentation. All of the decisions, all of the rules, all of the powers are held by a few dozen people that have bought our entire system. There is no "American Dream" anymore, because the cards are stacked against all of us.

There's the 1%, there's the 1% of that group, and the power is held by a handful of them. We are no better than many of the countries we've scorned in the past.

That's just so depressingly true.

And honestly sounds like the Illuminarti (sp). We are soooo hosed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Coredump posted:

Edit: Or a FD Mazda Rx-7 with a Hartley v8. The Hartley v8 is two Hayabusa inline 4's butt hosed together at the crank. Around 400 hp and 10,000 rpm redline, a piston engine to do the character of a Rotary proud. Same idea that Radical uses on their v8's.

The RADL is coming for you

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Confirming that Mad Max is loving ridiculous.

The absolute unreserved praise and worshipping Fury Road is getting is mindblowing. Seriously? It really is that good?????

I mean, all I wanted was to see / hear the Interceptor one more time and we got one of the literal best movies ever?!?!?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

I didn't believe the hype for Mad Max could possibly be right and I wept openly at multiple moments. This isn't an exageration. My friend thought something was wrong and the only Thing Wrong is that that is not the reality we live in.

THE MOTHER loving BLIND GUITARIST WITH THE DOUBLE NECK BASS THAT SHOOTS FIRE ON THE SEMI TRAILER BUILT OUT OF AMPS

All I wanted was to see the Interceptor again. That car was such a huge thing in my younger years and stamped itself as THE car many, many years ago. Any car with a dirty big supercharger insnatly reminds me of it.

So yes, I was grinning and laughing like an idiot when it kicked to life. And that was going to be enough.

BUT WHAT THE gently caress WAS THE REST OF THIS LUNACY?!?!?! Holy poo poo, the hype isnt doing this movie justice, it is by far the most utterly loving AI movie of them all, we have hit peak AI and it all chrome, V8's and Valhalla. There isnt any agrument what is the greatest car movie of them all now, Fury Road is simply IT. The DOOFWAGON. THE DOOFWAGON.

I draggged my SO to the theatre, she didnt want to see it but she utterly loved it and she's right now pretending to shred and wants to stick a dirty big supercharger on the Commodore and scream WAHT A DAY, WHAT A LOVELY DAY!!! while blasting down the highway.

SEE THIS loving MOVIE. NOW.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

HAHAHA what the actual gently caress is that guy huffing

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sandbagger SA posted:

My dad's been tinkering on an old golf cart for my mom to use as a sort of motorized gardening cart.

So I did something dumb.

No flamethrower? No spikes? No blood bag on the front?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

STOP JUDGING ME

You are only allowed to get one if you turn it into a Doof Wagon

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

kastein posted:

Swallow your pride and buy a WAR RIG

Seats eight, perfect for dysopian parking lots and road raging.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Check the threads in GBS and CD about Fury Road. Everyone is losing their poo poo over this movie. EVERYONE.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

:mediocre:

IOC PLEASE get this as the AI tag. And also rename AI into Fury Road. And have June chat thread, witness us so we may get to Valhalla

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Mooseykins posted:

The one thing that really stood out for me about how totally insane and dangerous Group B was, is that on the cars they have the blood types next to driver's/co-driver's names:

:stare:

Not to piss on the Max Max blood bag vibe (Group B IS very Fury Road, isnt it?) blood types next to names was a FIA thing from the early 70's up to the 2000's. It was def not just a Goup B thing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

gently caress it im bored, heres the facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=211703027

So that's you or......? Sorry been a long day in a data centre, my RCP is waaaaaaaaay down

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

That is not the problem, MOST of the 'Gluten Free' stuff is pushed by the same people that think they can cure cancer with cannabis oil and viral diseases with special teas.

Yes, there is actual gluten sensitivity. Its pretty rare.

My father is a genuine gluten sensitive. The funny thing is that when he had to drop gluten, the options were just terrible (About 15 years ago) - the current fad of gluten free has been terrific for him. So, so SO many more things he can eat now AND it tastes a hell of a lot better. He's all for idiots going on about gluten free option - when there was only the genuine gluten intolerants about, no one catered for it. Oh and having a birthday cake no longer means one horrid cardboard one for him and a delicious one for us, Gluten free products taste a hell of a lot better now.

So yeah in the main fads like gluten free are nonsense. But for those that actually ARE having problems, being able to have gluten free pizza that is edible rocks.

Kinda something I'm learning about as I get older and less able to shovel in the crap I used to - the fads are dumb but fads also mean you can get good food easier in that the idiots willing to spend money on the fad means someone will cater to it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

So I've been feeling really off (physically) for almost a week.

Today I got light headed and my chest got all tight. Thabj gently caress I was right in front of a hospital.

Guess it got them freaked out enough to send me straight to ICU. Xrays ultrasound s and multiple blood draws so far. Mostly lucid, but I feel horrific, and I wont know poo poo until tomorrow.

E: blood pressure was around 195/180 and a high pulse, so they're suspecting some kind of cardio event.

Holy poo poo, look after yourself mate.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Enourmo posted:

MAD MAX?

MAD MAX

MAD MAX

MAD MAX

WITNESS ME

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The June chat thread better be Mad Max themed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

jamal posted:

What if, instead of a tire, there was a supercharger in that tag?

We could have two versions?

WITNESS ME!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

nm posted:

Mad max question:
To 3D or not?

Yes.

(Either, just see it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Taco Box posted:

Thanks Man. I'm not gonna lie, going from about a bottle of wine a night minimum, with magnum bottles sometimes getting polished off, is not easy. All of a sudden, the evening seems so long and I can remember it. At any rate, at least I can put down *some* good numbers...

I'd have ridden further, but the park doubles as a reservoir and when it rains the way it has been in Houston, it floods.

I should look up the nutrition facts on wine to see how hosed my 'diet' is...

:stare:
Per bottle(750mL): sutter home moscato :gay:
calories: 635
Carbs: 57g
alcohol: 56.5g
:negative: No wonder I couldn't break 188 on the scale. That would be my nightly take, minimum. gently caress, so I was breaking the budget and breaking the diet. Good job, idiot.

Wanna have another Strava follower? I hand out kudos like candy.

Also - $15 bucks a pack for cigarettes? That's expensive? Here they worked out that to cut the rates of smoking, taxing the poo poo out of them works incredibly well. 30 bucks. As a result, I believe Australia has one of the lowest rates of smoking in the world. Tax em more is all I can say, gently caress smoking forever and gently caress those evil companies that make cigarettes.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 25, 2015

• Locked thread