Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Oh god this Roadkill is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Beerfest.

That is all.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So rather predictably I have a crippling hangover today.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Riscas posted:

Everyone should go buy DiRT: Rally like right now. I've never played a rally game before but man does it capture that same feeling you get from watching in cockpit rally videos.

No, it's an Early Access game made by a big studio who has no loving business doing anything of the sort. I don't care if it's the best game in history, I'm not going to buy it now or ever.

:goonsay:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Do I look like a middle school drop out on welfare to you? No looting for me.

Yeah, I'm with meatpimp on that one. Smashing poo poo up because you're mad, even if it's old and broken, is what I would expect from a three-year old, not an adult. And even then the three-year old would be punished for it too.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Open-wheel racing in general just flat-out sucks right now. F1 is dumb as poo poo and Indy is just pathetic - the New Orleans race this year was basically Indy In The 21st Century: A Summary. The only open-wheel series that's worth watching right now is Formula E and that's more because it's totally clownshoes than anything else.

If you want awesome racing and cool cars, WEC is where it's at right now, with PWC not far behind.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Sigma X posted:

In modern car terms this means "Do you like BMWs" which is the same as "do you drive like a oval office regularly"?

Or Volvos, for that matter. And those are literally the most rear end in a top hat-proof cars in existence.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

The Orion program, along with SpaceX, should hopefully bolster some funds and interest.

Still the wrong Orion program, IMO.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Jesus Christ you guys

Also don't be a bunch of cheap fucks, buy some proper antiseptic and don't use peroxide. Peroxide actually prevents proper healing and promotes the formation of scar tissue.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I dunno, stop shaving and buy a motorcycle I guess?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So I'm at Mad Max right now and I just ran into the guys from Kids in the Hall.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So Mad Max was something else, I tell you. Excuse me while I figure out how to fit the biggest loving supercharger I can find to my car.

That drag-race scene, with max siphoning gas and spitting it into the butterflies :allears:

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 18, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Oh and I almost forgot; when I was driving the girl I went to the movie with home, she said, "I just don't get why you would have a guy playing the guitar in all that...it makes no sense." all I could do at that point was :catstare:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Rhyno posted:

In this day and age one has to be.

No test drives unless cash in hand

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So now that it's been a couple of days since I've seen Mad Max, I can only think of one criticism; not enough blower noise. Seriously, not having one of the cars wailing like an air raid siren feels like a missed opportunity.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So I just started watching Danger 5 tonight. Why did I wait this long, this show is glorious

E: I can't believe that a country as full of Archie Bunkers as Australia seems to be these days actually spent taxpayer money make this.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 20, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Ever since I've been reading that hiking thread and switching between AI and E/N, I've almost posted transmission poo poo in the Trans megathread about four times now.

Leaving AI is like visiting a zoo. In other words, don't feed the animals.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Immortan Calculous, witness this

I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I just wear the frilliest panties you can buy from Victoria's Secret

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Cedar planked salmon is the way to go. Just need a bit of olive oil, dill and a squeeze of lemon and you're good.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

In other news, my physical therapist kicked my rear end today. I think I pulled a muscle in my good leg. All in the name of eventually being able to hike again.

That's how you know it's working. Physio isn't supposed to be fun, or comfortable; it's supposed to get you healthy as quickly and safely as possible.

On a totally unrelated note...I don't know if you guys remember, but a long time ago in one of the chat threads I made a comment that it might be fun to set up a competition with Automation (the car design/tycoon game on Steam) to design something, like an engine or a car, and have them compete against one another. Well, after some time fumbling around with different ideas, I might have come up with a heck of a formula for this...who's down for an Automation-based Goon GT series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Sir Pukesalot posted:

I'm in! If needed I'll be happy to help (if you want help), feel free to pm here or on steam! I can't wait for it to happen.

I'll keep that in mind! I just need to finish off the pit stop simulation, as well as make a few tweaks to the reliability and fuel economy calculation, but the basic rule set is complete.

It should be kind of interesting to see what you lunatics come up with; the rules I've concocted allow quite a bit of leeway in engine and car design (one of my test cars was pretty outrageous with its engine and layout - Seat Safety Switch would literally explode if I posted what it was - but it was well within the rules and surprisingly competitive), yet produce lap times in-game within 5% or so of each other without too much fussing around with balance-of-performance.

• Locked thread