Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Grace not using any of the boss weapons really coming back to haunt you. Monsoon's weapon makes the flying guys far easier, and Mistral's has huge sweeping swings and long range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Schubalts posted:

Grace not using any of the boss weapons really coming back to haunt you. Monsoon's weapon makes the flying guys far easier, and Mistral's has huge sweeping swings and long range.

Grace spent the entire game of Spiderman on PS4 getting punched in the back of the head because he decided early on that he didnt feel like dodging ever. Like he literally decided getting punched was preferable to learning how to press one more button

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Monsoon's sai is the anti-Mastiff weapon

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Danaru posted:

Grace spent the entire game of Spiderman on PS4 getting punched in the back of the head because he decided early on that he didnt feel like dodging ever. Like he literally decided getting punched was preferable to learning how to press one more button

grace is simply more powerful than the rest of us. he's trained the back of their skull to incredible levels and some day will use it to rule over the rest of us, like the thin-skulled peasants that we are

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Danaru posted:

dodging is for cowards

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Grace posted:

dodging is for cowards

That's not when you said when you got a dodge challenge and handed it off for me to do :mad:

[img]https://lpix.org/2444386/latest[1].png[/img]

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 10 - Slice Them 'Till They Dice Them

Poor Sam barely hit the ground before Grace was trying to steal his stuff :smith:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan won't 1v1 me, because he knows he can't stand up to the raw power of the Mummyhead.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

As much as I love Revengeance I have to admit there is a jarring shift in plot development between chapters 2 and 3. We go from doing various Maverick contracts towards saving kids' brains and stopping a presidential assassination. It feels like two or so chapters were cut.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Late post, but Bladewolf made sure to complain "Oh, THESE robo dogs are big dumb idiots." So you are in the clear for chopping up all robo dogs who are not Bladewolf.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"A real dog has a far greater intellect"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 11 - Grace Fights A Giant loving Robot

This game released in 2013, and it's honestly WAY more relevant now than it used to be.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If enemies are too hosed up to hurt you anymore, but NOT so hosed up they will explode. If you leave them be for long enough, they pull stealth camo out of their rear end and fade away.

I guess mostly so you don't have a bunch of stumpy guys taking up rendering memory if you maim them instead of kill them?

Also, they should have let Grace slice apart the youtube comments. If you can hack a stealth bomber drone with a sword, you should be able to hack youtube with your sword.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

SOP is Sons Of the Patriots, Dan. The computer that controls all the nanomachines in MGS4.

The worst part is the first part of the Armstrong fight is you have to get him down 3-5% of his HP or else you lose :(

The best part is that he's all super libertarian "MIGHT MAKES RIGHT" but he's an invincible claytronic-nanomachine cyborg. Kinda playing with a stacked deck, aintcha?
I loved BFP's reaction to this "YEAH RAIDEN YOU PULLED YOURSELF UP BY YOUR ROBOTIC BOOTSTRAPS!"

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 10, 2019

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with getting called out in the same episode where all that happened.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Rising Episode 12 - 200% Mad

Well it took us a little longer than expected, but we finally finished Revengeance!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Congrats on your victory and engagement!

:toot:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"This isn't my sword" is such a stupid line and I love it so loving much.

Also no wonder Raiden worked with Boris, his quality of jokes is right up there with Raiden's.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

NANOMACHINES

SON

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Revengeance may be over, but you'll always share your favorite pastime: dunking on me.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

As it's Christmas, I assume everybody here knows about Merry Gear Solid, right?

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Merry Gear?!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/LaetansX/status/1072773500694228993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
necroing this thread to say that the old mgs2 and substance LPs have been even more of a treasure for me than usual, as i currently have an eye injury and can enjoy them quite well with audio only, between having watched mgs2 so many times that i just know more or less what the visuals should look like without actually seeing them and not really needing to see substance anyway beyond the picture of pinkie chan, which lives rent-free in my head forever already