Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Eyyy so it's been quiet for a bit, my computer actually straight up poo poo out so hard that none of the components were salvageable, after years of it running on duct tape and hatred, I guess it was time to pay the piper.

The good news is my new computer owns and can record poo poo at 60fps now! Also I lost the portable ops save but jesus we hosed that game up so bad it's worth playing over.

Right now Grace is in Canada, and we excitedly expected to be able to finish Revengance, until

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1129899667838390272?s=19

We might actually be cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ooof. Good luck fixing that Dan!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The Patriots don't want you two making them look bad, clearly.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

"S3 doesn't stand for Solid Snake Simulation. It stands for Save State Sabotage."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1157023797792464900?s=19
https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1157493987051278336?s=19

The emulator also crashed before I could save, wiping out our progress :cripes: we're trying again tonight so look forward to it in the next few days

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:rip:

Looking forward to it!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid 2 Episode 1 - Tactical Bib

It's Metal Gear Acid 2! This LP had/has some tech issues about it, but as of episode 3 I think we have everything set.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I have completely forgotten how Acid works so I just listened while inexplicably cards turned into movement (except when they didn't).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Snake's tactical school backpack is adorable. And also not illegal.

...Why do his out of place boots and blocky sleeves make me think of Megaman Legends?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid 2 Episode 2 - Boxman's Here

Like I said, the emulator has uh, issues with this game sometimes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just as a heads up: the video is unlisted :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Just as a heads up: the video is unlisted :)

Whoops, I forgot to actually click publish. Fixed :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Look all the boxes are to hold Snake's cards. He's lugging his entire collection everywhere.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Well, now we know why there had always been an item limit for cardboard boxes.

Once Snake starts putting cardboard box cards into his cardboard boxes for cards, it's clearly a Crossing The Streams situation.

Also, I can't believe Dalton's perfect hiding place was discovered!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
How is that frog real.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid 2 Episode 3 - Straight in the Pizza

I want to say this is the last episode with a game breaking flaw, but uhhh well, Metal Gear Acid 2

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Granin should have given you nice shoes so you can go fast. Would it be too hope sales frog is a card, when he's not selling you cards?

I also appreciate they just cut immediately to anonymous hint guy. I bet with that kind of breakneck pace Acid 2 will be over in no time.

You know, when Snake's body isn't trying to escape into another reality :psyduck:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

That's the most intense shrug I have ever seen.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid 2 Episode 4 - Robots!

The proud Dan tradition of blowing it as hard as possible for the first try makes a return

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Spinning box, horrible lag. Million bubble tubes. Smooth framerate. Of course.

It is so bullshit you can't stab robot. It's metal gear. Of course you an stab robot :argh:

Also, in spite of the intended camera focus. The craziest thing about the angle was how it gave the impression kid had somehow lost an arm between cutscenes.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I tried to get PNURTIS as a license plate for my car.

It was taken.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid 2 Episode 5 - Thermal Grenade

I can basically guarantee I will be constantly lighting myself on fire until The Fury is taken out of our deck

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm even more mad that you can't stab the robots with a knife now. Since I finally realized they've got bright red rubber band weakspots just hanging out in the open :argh:

Also, being an MGS game, I can't tell if that was on purpose just to gently caress with you or not they made a pink floor in a game with pink enemy line of sight tiles.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid 2 Episode 6 - Welcome To Sleep

In this episode we meet the first boss, and also a familiar face from Portable Ops :v: also the reason why they added jiggle physics

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dan you gotta stop using claymores for movement man. There are plenty of times you had enemies baralling towards you and you coulda just plopped one down and ran away

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Does this game have status effects like frozen? Because it feels like the game poo poo itself and applied a status effect instead of killing that one guy with an airplane-

:stare:

I know MGS bosses can get kind of out there, but, "Frankenstein Cyborg Gorilla man" is a bit of a swerve.

Oh my god, all the arms scattered around the background during the cutscene :allears:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I feel like that Venus/Aphrodite thing was some kind of spoiler but to be honest, I can't follow the plots of these games so I can't even say for sure what anything is a reference to.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 1 - Return of The Drinking Game

SURPRISE!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
gently caress yes.

Dan and Grace vs Cam Clarke: The Revenge

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The first of many tactical backflips.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS The Twin Snakes Episode 2 - That Was Mine For A Minute

This game is in the awkward position of being close enough to both MGS1 and 2 to activate my muscle memory, but then different enough for my muscle memory to be wrong most of the time, so expect the drink count to be, uh, high

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Best ending ever.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:allears: watch your step

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Why do I love that overdramatic elevator ride so loving much :allears:

Also that feeling of your muscle memory betraying you in a videogame is just, the worst.

This thread is too good for this sinful world

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
If only there was an MGS2 remake, so you could do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJgBVZmS5g&t=400s again.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

florida lan posted:

If only there was an MGS2 remake, so you could do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJgBVZmS5g&t=400s again.

I hate that I knew exactly what this would.be and also that people remember that

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I hate that I knew exactly what this would.be and also that people remember that
For what it's worth, my stand out memory of MGS2 is "That motherfucker got ALL the Dog tags. I didn't get all the dog tags :argh: / :saddowns: "

But that cartwheel also brought joy into my heart.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

"Sneaking Mission" is a Kojima-ism. The original localizer for MGS1 has talked about how Kojima insisted he use sneaking mission even though the localizer said it sounded silly.

Also i have no idea what MGSV shows or doesn't show but back in the mid-2000s there was a lively debate among super MGS nerds about Snake's hair color. The original MGS1 briefings are shot in this weird style and it's either that which makes his hair look blond or it was actually blond. Also people couldn't understand why he would cut his hair if he had brown hair and Liquid blond so it seemed to fit. There is also this original design for Pliskin

But, ya know, much like your long talk about if they even had the real Big Boss' corpse, it could have all been retconned to anything by now.

This is your first time ever playing TTS, right? This will be even more magical than your other MGS LPs. I can't wait.

EDIT:
I just noticed Portable Ops isn't even in the OP. It's just been expunged from the record.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 16, 2019

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

NikkolasKing posted:

EDIT:
I just noticed Portable Ops isn't even in the OP. It's just been expunged from the record.

I'm pretty sure we lost everything when Dan's computer fried so we might be replaying it, don't take my word for it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I haven't updated the OP in forever, mainly because I don't wanna. Portable Ops is still on youtube, but we lost my save when my computer caught fire :negative: I'll get around to replaying it all eventually, probably once we run out of Acid 2, Survive, and Twin Snakes