Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Peace Walker was really fun, if for nothing else but the fact that it had coop mode that allowed for the use of silly-but-completely-funtional cardboard box tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

Dabir posted:

It's Zimbabwe now, just to save people the time.

I should really just finish reading the comments before opening Google.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
"Sumannics semantics." --Danaru 2015

You are all over the drunken-personality spectrum by the end of this update, and it is beautiful.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
See, I can't stomach whiskey in the least, or any rum apart from white rum. We're talking levels of even one shot or mixed drink just going for broke destroying my internal organs. I dunno, as soon as it gets past my lips I get this weird aftertaste and an odd feeling in my stomach and then my night and often most of my next day get ruined.

Gin, on the other hand...

I also had the misfortune of leaving the States to study in Germany right before turning 21 and actually hadn't had anything alcoholic beforehand, so I got my taste for beer surrounded by Germany's finest and then returned home to the generally awful stuff we've got here. My last year at college was spent sitting at tables where I ordered an import (or Sam Adams, because that's not bad) while everyone else split a pitcher of goddamn Coors.

Did eventually solve this problem by following my dad into home brewing. It's surprisingly easy to make some really good beer if you just pay attention to the method.

gregory fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 9, 2015

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
"Warthog" is the nickname for the A-10 Thunderbolt II . As far as I can tell (aka a short jaunt into wikipedia), the M61 isn't used in rotary wing aircraft.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Yessss, learning that Zero Escape 3 has been confirmed and seeing this thread finally have a new update in the same week? Awesome.

I am also unbelievably more terrible than you at the Metal Gear series up until they introduced that new control scheme in Peace Walker.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
"Who's the King of Ghost BabelTERRIBLE?!"
--Danaru 2015

What a fantastic playthrough. We have truly reached the pinnacle of LPs.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I like how about 75% of Grace's confusion comes from Dan saying "Hey stupid why don't you make it easy and do this completely wrong thing!"

This game is amazing.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I am upset that you didn't get the M60, if only for the fact that as a result you didn't get to show off how Snake screams like Rambo when you fire the gun nonstop.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Though, as he often does, Kojima only bases the designs on real things. Screw-driven vehicles are designed for difficult terrain, such as snow, mud, swamps, etc -- terrains where wheels or treads would just sink into the ground and get stuck -- but they are pretty crap on paved roads, like, oh, I dunno, runways.

Or, you know, the Fulton, which is a real thing, but nothing at all like the Metal Gear Fulton.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Oh but of course. And good news, the fulton didn't change much between games (you still get screams as people shoot off into the air, and if you fulton friendlies, they'll go "WOHOOOoooooooooooo")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!

Danaru posted:

*Posts first Peace Walker video*

The Chris-Grace ratio in this video is outta control.