Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hello fellow Petans, I am here to play mafia

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

razorrozar posted:

I would ask the real peta to stand up but we all know it's me

I dunno. I believe diqnol.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh no :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Nah, it's my joke game that is weak. Only scum game that I didn't replace into was flawless victory. My scum game is average at worst :p

Ofc I'm not great at mafia in general so who knows :iiam:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

imgay posted:

oh hipfire probated, lol

He's free now!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Peta posted:

Perhaps you should ... not use your day vig on day 1 of this game. :wth:

Counterpoint, D1 is the best day to use a vig.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

It would be really funny if you day 1 vigged Peta in his mafia game.

Also this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Disappointed that it wasn't really a vig tbh

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

holy gently caress deadline in 30 min

:lol: amazig

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

we have enough people to arbitrarily turbo somone for basically no reason!??!!?!?

I'm in

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

##vote lumpen

Final answer?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote lumpen

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MG said we had til 10 but I don't know what timezone that's in reference to. Guessing Eastern so that'd give us two anyway. Better safe than sorry though!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Requesting modkills for voting after deadline tia

Not really

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Niiiiiiice

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

HiipFire posted:

YOURE WELCOME

Magnus Gallant posted:

Votecount for Day 1
Not Voting (1): HiipFire

Hmmmm

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

HiipFire posted:

hey i wasnt around for the lumpen turbo okay

also there's a bunch of people who voted late as gently caress so im not the only one who didnt vote d1

Haha, I know, just messin around. We were -3 at deadline anyway so you being around to move it to -2 would not have accomplished anything

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

HiipFire posted:

how dare you make jokes outside of D1 you gently caress

I'm sorry :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Speaking of posts we don't like, I am having a hard time deciding which of the post hammer votes I like least. Well, specifically between Hal's and Kleedrac's. Would reread the players but whats there to read?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

This game is all vanilla. So no, there could not be a poison bullet.

But the intent of this post is very scummy. "Hey, guys, we're all vanilla here, right?" Trying to claim and then IMMEDIATELY talk about scum setup, including something that is obviously against the setup. Either you're intentionally trying to look dumb, which you can easily hedge out of saying you forgot, or you are just trying really hard to get the focus off yourself.

##vote kleedrac

Lack of a night kill makes me think it's not quite all vanilla but I generally agree with what you're saying.

Kleedrac, what on Earth makes you think there is a poisoner?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

At the moment I honestly, genuinely think the scum just forgot to submit a NK. I don't think Magnus would lie about the setup, unless he said something I just completely misinterpreted.

And that's definitely a possibility given how few people were around at deadline + night actions due an hour or two after. But MG also said this

Magnus Gallant posted:

This game is going to be a little special, so I'll start explaining some of it now.

Every player in the game starts with a gun and a max hp.

Depending on the role a gun may do more damage or less damage and may be fired once or more than once. Max hp also can be affected by the role that you have.

Vanillas start the game with a gun that can be fired once (only at night) that does 2 hp.

The scum night kill does whatever the targets current hp is.

Bolded mine. The way I read that leaves open the possibility of roles. I could be wrong though I suppose. What I do know, though, is I think it's crazy to say "Man, I got shot. Also, scum poisoner anyone?"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

it genuinely did seem odd that a vanilla would shoot one person (especially after we discussed it yesterday)

Why?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I have more words for you in a minute Kleedrac but first, did you shoot last night?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

No, I thought we had agreed to attempt a vanilla night vig by all targetting someone on night 2+ so it wasn't wasted.

Lol. No. That didn't happen. There wasn't a discussion where we agreed on anything. YOU suggested it, razorrozar said "Not N1", Jake said theyw ere giong to play Spin the Gun instead, BottleKnight said "Ok", then

BottleKnight posted:

btw I'm serious, us VT should vig up and try to kill one single person, at least for humor.

JakeP posted:

If scum have a way to protect themselves against that sort of thing, publicly announcing a person for everyone to shoot at is probably favorable for the scum

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

That's a really dumb idea and an easy way for scum to control an extra NK.

And no one ever talked about it again. It got shut down. How could you possibly think from those posts that everyone reached an agreement on a bad idea?

##vote Kleedrac

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

I thought we had agreed - but even if we hadn't blowing my only 2hp bullet on night one is a bad loving idea so holding it is a better idea. You've got no case here and the fact you & BK are trying to rail me this early day 2 makes me suspicious. Given that you're the brains of the outfit I'll move my vote to you but I'm thinking you and BK can sell out your third scummate anytime pal.

What is bad about my case?

You have OMGUS'd both votes on you. You are making bad posts. It is early on Day 2 and you are already panicking after pressure from two people.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

uranus posted:

a lot of people shot me, lol, my 1hp ploy worked hahhaha

:hfive:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

Nope - your case is nonexistant and lovely - and to be honest I'm VT and kinda sick of you and your scummate jumping on me - gently caress you both lynch me if you wish :P

As a side note that has nothing to do with a case, I just love that you took such great offense to being called dumb (which didn't happen) but now have said "[word] you" to people twice.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why didn't you guys shoot me?

I thought about it tbh

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

I shot kleedrac XD

:hfive:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

If anything, that makes Kleedrac more likely to be town. Scum read a thread a lot more carefully than town and Kleedrac said something quite obviously wrong there. Are you looking for an easy case that got pushed by sweet, simple Bottleknight?

##vote chaoslord

No, looking for scum, and Kleedrac fits that bill nicely imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Short version is he lurked D1 to the tune of like 2 posts, then comes in with this crazy setup spec/trying to convince everyone again that town should all totally vig the same person. Then he flips right out at the first sign of pressure from BK and then again from me. Happy to jump on a bandwagon that has literally zero justification because now it's lunch anyone but him.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That's fine. Kleedrac came in and admitted to reacting poorly and that he understands why the votes are on him. If you're unmoved, you're unmoved. I'm fine with my vote where it is.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Reminder to everyone that there is a deadline tonight.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

is kledric scum?

I'm less sure than yesterday but it's my strongest read.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Someone needs to post the rolling start video imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thanks BottleKnight. Kleedrac, Rolling Start is the semi-official anthem of any good turbo and needed to be posted as such.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

If we don't submit an action do we just randomly shoot someone or is there a chance we actually do nothing?

I didn't shoot last night and still have my bullet so I imagine only full actions get RNG'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Two more we can do it guys!

Fine

##vote Lumpen

• Locked thread