Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i haven't, because steve jobs was a loving rear end in a top hat, and allegedly (according to yospos), a child molester!

instead i read iWoz. it's about another steve named steve wozniak. you may have never heard of him, but he was the one that actually made apple happen. jobs was just a snarky phony dickhead with a condescending behavior that made him look good talking on stage. wozniak is a huggable loving bear of a man that is completely selfless and still alive. he doesn't care about being called a genius even though he is one. jobs was a dumbass that didn't know a thing about computers and tried to cure his cancer with herbal remedies and his ego. he was also a greedy bastard that kept demanding raises and wozniak was like "look, okay have it all. it means nothing to me" and from then on wozniak only accepted $200 a week while jobs kept getting billions which he could have spent on the best surgeons in the world to get rid of his cancer, but instead died from trying to cure it with meditation and witchcraft like a moron.

so have you read the steve jobs book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i didnt read the op either

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

pram posted:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
:gas:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

that's cool. yeah i kind of feel that the writer put a lot of sensational stuff in there that warped people's minds about jobs being such a great guy, and it has made a bunch of people want to be a greedy fucker like him. it's a conspiracy, perhaps to encourage people to make more money so the US can be richer. but has it worked? nope. because all those people are dumb, unlike steve wozniak

we need more steve wozniaks

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
its a whitewash op, learn the truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9BILjF7PGI&t=388s

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

that's cool. yeah i kind of feel that the writer put a lot of sensational stuff in there that warped people's minds about jobs being such a great guy, and it has made a bunch of people want to be a greedy fucker like him. it's a conspiracy, perhaps to encourage people to make more money so the US can be richer. but has it worked? nope. because all those people are dumb, unlike steve wozniak

we need more steve wozniaks

i'm not reading that either

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
reading is for nerds

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

lol okay they clearly admitted all religious explanations of the company name is bullshit, so it must be a subconscious decision that it was caused by the story of adam and eve! and also *conspiracy* *illuminati* steve wozniak was a member of the free masons! :tinfoil:

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

read it, it kinda says Steve was a dick too.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i got it from the library and all the pages were stuck together

yospos :argh:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

steven christ

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Valeyard posted:

lol

computer toucher posted:

read it, it kinda says Steve was a dick too.

hmm interesting. everyone that told me that read it said they wanted to be just like him, but never said it mentioned him being a dick

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

my girlfriend bought it for me for my birthday but i havent read it yet, op

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

hmm interesting. everyone that told me that read it said they wanted to be just like him, but never said it mentioned him being a dick

Maybe those people just want to be rich dicks and if so they're halfway there already tbh

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Valeyard posted:

A good Valeyard post

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

sorry op i only read a more advanced form of literature that our lovely piss hemisphere hasnt accepted known only as manga

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
comic books are not literature

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

computer toucher posted:

Maybe those people just want to be rich dicks and if so they're halfway there already tbh

i think so too!

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i read about half the book, steve actually looks worse in the book than i thought.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i recommend siddhartha instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Maximum Leader posted:

i recommend siddhartha instead

just read the plot on wikipedia. good stuff

• Locked thread