Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they are showing off mount and blade 2 at gamescom this year

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
is there going to be co-op campaign? that'd be rad

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Eonwe posted:

they are showing off mount and blade 2 at gamescom this year

when does this happen? m&b without a lot of its jankiness would be pretty much the best game ever

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Gobblecoque posted:

when does this happen? m&b without a lot of its jankiness would be pretty much the best game ever

A lot of what owns about M&B is the jank but having new janky game mechanics would own.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
warband is 66% off on steam right now

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Doctor Goat posted:

A lot of what owns about M&B is the jank but having new janky game mechanics would own.

This is true.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's a huge warhammer mod for M&B that uses the jank to its advantage, like dwarves and orcs are using armor to change their body size

it went wrong here and let my old roommate equip a orc head on a dwarf body

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been playing a bit of the warhammer mod recently and it's pretty fun. It includes the Freelancer mod mechanics, same as the big samurai mod, and the ability to put your mooks into ranks rather than just lines of greater or lower density.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i can only start as dwarves

if you play your cards right you can leave the army with a really really good gun worth an obscene amount

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Doctor Goat posted:

there's a huge warhammer mod for M&B that uses the jank to its advantage, like dwarves and orcs are using armor to change their body size

it went wrong here and let my old roommate equip a orc head on a dwarf body

You can also be a mummy riding around on a triceratops

Good mod

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Friendly Tumour posted:

is there going to be co-op campaign? that'd be rad

me and my fiancee have each spent 100+ hours in warband and I'm pretty sure if there was a co-op campaign we'd actually never stop playing and die from malnutrition

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Goat posted:

i can only start as dwarves

if you play your cards right you can leave the army with a really really good gun worth an obscene amount

i got all the way to ulric swordsman in my first career in the Imperial army before I learned I'd chosen a dead-end promotion. So I resigned my commission and gathered together a warband that topped out around 80 men before they were all butchered or captured in the failed assault on Chaos-held Parravon. Now I've just got my carroburg greatsword armor, a slayer axe I picked up in the storming of some orc-held dwarf city, an empire long rifle and a handful of gradually leveling recruits in an empire so ripped up by enemy raids that I can barely find food to buy for my minions. all in all, a pretty good fantasy 30 Years War game

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

bannerlord looks really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Board Games!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

Board Games!

The game looks the same with a fresh coat of paint and some janky new features. The siege weapon animations look nice though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it looks really nice though also, thats all i really wanted

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Those sites look amazing and the sieges look way more fun.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I loving love boardgames...

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I think that the inherent jank of Mount and Blade enhances the pleasure of the experience and i'm glad it's still there.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Nah, the jank is fun for a few minutes and in multi but after that it just drags the game down because there is way too much jank.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
just hope they improve the troop controls so you can do things like have your formation face whichever direction you want rather than only facing the closest enemy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0sK7Xqfvpc

this game looks cool but i wonder how it plays in person

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0sK7Xqfvpc

this game looks cool but i wonder how it plays in person

It looks really ambitious which means it will probably suck but sometimes these things come out and do a good job instead of a clunky lovely job.

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...
God drat why hasnt anyone posted the picture of the cat yet. I cant find it anywhere. please if you know what i'm talking about you must fix this, and quick.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Mount and Bang: Bonerlord

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Crimson Harvest posted:

Mount and Bang: Bonerlord

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
hawaha!!!!! - mario when he does the third jump

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_BZ8M9SaNk

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rediscover posted:

hawaha!!!!! - mario when he does the third jump

It's ha when he does the second and waha when he does the third jumps.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's ha when he does the second and waha when he does the third jumps.

Thank you.

• Locked thread