Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's a free weekend for Warband on steam, play it if you haven't!!!!!!!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
How do you get into Mountain Blade, if you've never played it before for more than a couple minutes? Like how do you make a good character and stuff

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

John Quixote posted:

How do you get into Mountain Blade, if you've never played it before for more than a couple minutes? Like how do you make a good character and stuff

Just make one and be a grown up about it you baby.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

John Quixote posted:

Don't worry too much about party-wide skills, since there are characters that specialize in all of them that you can pick up. Trade is a useful skill for the early game, since it's one of the best ways to make money early on.

Crossbows are best for fighting on foot, javelins for fighting on horse, and bows are about equally good for either. Lances are ineffective on foot, short weapons are ineffective on horseback.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah, just pick whichever ones sound good to you and you'll be fine. I like to give all my guys leadership and training and at least a point or two of prisoner management for the ransom money but you can't really go wrong.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

John Quixote posted:

Morningstar --> right hand

Shield --> left hand

Peasant skull --> under your warhorse's hoof

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
name is the most important part

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

name is the most important part

Your coat of arms is, actually.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Your coat of arms is, actually.

that too

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You can change both at any time

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Never invest in party skills on your guy, just get leader and personal skills

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

John Quixote posted:

I generally max out a lot of the facial sliders and then pick a funny hair and moustache combo.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you need to know the best way to min max and break a game before youve even played it you should leave to go post in the games forum

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Rhodoks are the best pro faction but Swadia gets poo poo done

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
swadia always gets wiped out first lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Hang around with the Khergits since you get all horsemen and an insane party speed. Make most of your money from pillaging towns and attacking caravans

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
for some reason vaegir archers plus nord huscarls have always been my go-to army. gently caress horses imo

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

klapman posted:

for some reason vaegir archers plus nord huscarls have always been my go-to army. gently caress horses imo

you have a khergit/manhunter/swadian knight murderball you pick up from your castle when you need to chase some fuckers, rhodok sergeants and huscarls for castle murdering.

e: also save every peasant woman you can. sword sisters own.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slaapaav posted:

swadia always gets wiped out first lol

They have the best knights

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You can easily take over most of swado a during a war so it's good to join them until they're weak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

if you need to know the best way to min max and break a game before youve even played it you should leave to go post in the games forum

This

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is the Viking expansion good

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I liked it a lot but it has bad performance issues during I've of the final main storyline battles involving like 100 boats. I'd say it's worth 750 of you like warband

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Looting is the most important skill for money since it's the difference between getting the shittiest pick of the litter when you murder enemies and the best. Game got a million times easier after I realized that, all my officers were rolling around in ballin tempered axes and perfect armor that i stole from the corpses of sea raiders for free

And then after they were kitted out I started selling that poo poo to merchants and they just couldn't keep up with how much money I was making GBS threads out it was great

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Naming your guy something funny like AIDS Hitler is extremely win.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I used recaptcha to name mine, just hit refresh until something that looks like a name comes up

This technique gave me SCATS DOMINO and DOCTOR REFUEL and JESTER CLEVELAND

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Naming your guy something funny like AIDS Hitler is extremely win.

You are a rat. Goodbye!

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Tanith posted:

sword sisters own.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Party speed is the #1 stat you should be on top of at all times otherwise you just end up chasing down an opposing party across the entire loving map because you only out-pace them by 0.1 of a speed unit, and while you try to do that a rapestack of 800 heavy units that is somehow 2x faster than you controlled by an opposing lord suddenly locks onto you with laser-beam precision and ruins your poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

You are a rat. Goodbye!

Lol.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i am a banana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Breetai posted:

Party speed is the #1 stat you should be on top of at all times otherwise you just end up chasing down an opposing party across the entire loving map because you only out-pace them by 0.1 of a speed unit, and while you try to do that a rapestack of 800 heavy units that is somehow 2x faster than you controlled by an opposing lord suddenly locks onto you with laser-beam precision and ruins your poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYTgI4tMJU

• Locked thread