Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol

I went into my shower the other morning to see a spider like this. I made it into my friend by not drowning it and letting it outside safely. I feel my spider bond more and more as time passes, but I'm sure it's made me a better person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
I think everyone should be afraid of everything except for the government and their parents.

joke_explainer

smoobles posted:

i'll go next, should i be afraid of this?

no. those are cooling towers. they just remove heat from water. they're only dangerous if you fall into one.

or, well, there is also another secret threat to them no one talks about. Without a proper biocide agent within the tower, they form like, unnatural optimal environments for Legionella bacteria to multiply. The draft from the tower can result in infections kilometers downstream. About 1/4 people infected will probably die. That's why we do that though -- most towers are treated in some way to help prevent that bacteria from going crazy. Legionnaire's disease.

City of Glompton

joke_explainer posted:

no. those are cooling towers. they just remove heat from water. they're only dangerous if you fall into one.

or, well, there is also another secret threat to them no one talks about. Without a proper biocide agent within the tower, they form like, unnatural optimal environments for Legionella bacteria to multiply. The draft from the tower can result in infections kilometers downstream. About 1/4 people infected will probably die. That's why we do that though -- most towers are treated in some way to help prevent that bacteria from going crazy. Legionnaire's disease.

so this is where chemtrails come from, is what I"m picking up from this?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

cuntman.net

joke_explainer posted:

thats terrifying

joke_explainer

TWIST FIST posted:

thats terrifying

Okay, maybe you should be scared. But only if they forgot to apply biocide or something. Even then, the infection rate IS low... it just is very dangerous.

morning wood

joke_explainer

No. That's fine. That's a butterfly. They're known as Nature's Mistakes; a strong gust of wind destroys them utterly.

morning wood

joke_explainer posted:

No. That's fine. That's a butterfly. They're known as Nature's Mistakes; a strong gust of wind destroys them utterly.

oh thank god i can go in my backyard again

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i'm having a panic attack over worry that i should be afraid of this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

morning wood

Qwerinty posted:

joke_explainer

Qwerinty posted:

Relax, that's just a "gif"! It's an assortment of colors assigned a set of properties, with delineations between the frames that mark them, so the computer knows to change the image and at what interval. It's not a magic portal to another realm or anything! The rapidly changing frames give the illusion of motion, but there's nothing to be scared of; It's just on the computer screen.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Qwerinty posted:

:chanpop:

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

joke_explainer posted:

Relax, that's just a "gif"! It's an assortment of colors assigned a set of properties, with delineations between the frames that mark them, so the computer knows to change the image and at what interval. It's not a magic portal to another realm or anything! The rapidly changing frames give the illusion of motion, but there's nothing to be scared of; It's just on the computer screen.

i'm even more terrified now

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Miss Psychosis

F34R M3

joke_explainer

*checks microscope*

Oh, yeah. You should be very afraid of this.

i am he

homeschool dropout posted:

should i be afraid of that?

you should kiss it on the lips

problematic hug

joke_explainer posted:

joke_explanation: complete *troubling whir only getting louder*

cuntman.net

Finn Pennywhistle posted:

joke_explanation: complete *troubling whir only getting louder*

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME