Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
I ran out of windshield washing fluid in my car today and bought some more but I am afraid to open up the car hood. I have always had someone else do it, and the last time the persons hand slipped and they almost dropped the hood on their fingers. That's my main fear is the hood slipping and breaking my fingers, that and once you get the hood propped up, all that's holding it in place is a thin piece of wire that also looks like it could easily come loose. Anyone have any advice, or should I just try to have someone else do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear

open it a few times just a little way just to practice

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

I'm a mechanic so listen: do NOT open it because you don't know where the teeth are

City of Glompton

my friend opened their car hood once.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

notice how the story ends there...

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
there could be a monster under there

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

one time this guy tried to check the oil level and the engine ripped his face off. be careful, op

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
stephen king wrote a story about one. thats how scary cars are

----------------

GoodbyeTurtles

cars WILL kill you, please do not touch them

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
9if HP Lovecraft knew what a car was he woudl have written about them and nothing else

----------------

dogcrash truther
The Call of Camaro

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
The hood is essentially the cars mouth so he very careful

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

cars eat oil and poop nuts and bolts and the muffler and maybe the transmission

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

cars eat oil and poop nuts and bolts and the muffler and maybe the transmission

cars can mistake your hand fro fresh oil and have a nibble.

Pizzatime

the engine of your car can literally blast through the hood at any time, beware.

Mapparu

i live under your car hood most likely... sorry abotu your friends hand... im sort of an rear end in a top hat when some disturbs from my sleep.

dogcrash truther
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWn5U7KEGo

GoodbyeTurtles

as a carman, the amount of stupid in this video makes my head hurt

dogcrash truther
blow out the fire, the thing that eats oxygen

GoodbyeTurtles

-make sure to turn the fuel pump on for a good 10 seconds before trying to start it to make sure it's nice and flooded
-try to run an engine, now flooded with fuel, with no exhaust manifolds on it with the fuel tank on the windshield
-after the first time it backfires continue as you were, surely the fireball that just cooked all of your arm hair won't happen again
-once it catches fire, try to blow it out with the air from your lungs
-whilst it's on fire, try to start it again, because the 'internal' part of 'internal combustion engine' isn't all that important at this stage
-fire extinguishers are for idiot nerds

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

as a carman, the amount of stupid in this video makes my head hurt

half car, half man, all man

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Watch the whole thing, OP. THE WHOLE THING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQSCpi4tkA

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

i am he

half car, half man, all man

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
you could take the whole hood off completely, that would negate risk of it breaking any fingers

Machai

one time this guy tried to check the oil level and the engine ripped his face off. be careful, op

you are supposed to turn the car off first

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Machai posted:

why would they even make cars this dangerous in the first place?

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

Machai posted:

are you sure? this doesnt seem right...

thanks Manifisto!

3D Megadoodoo

there was a mouse in my mum's car it was cool

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 4, 2015

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Let your car cool off then carefully open the hood. Walk the car step by step slowly through your actions so it doesn't get scared and jumpy.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

there was a mouse in my mum's car it was cool

:wth:

3D Megadoodoo

it's cool to poop everywhere

treasure bear

let the car eat you

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Cumt posted:

let the car eat you

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Al Borland posted:

Let your car cool off then carefully open the hood. Walk the car step by step slowly through your actions so it doesn't get scared and jumpy.

or just

Cumt posted:

let the car eat you

Mapparu

did op ever open his car hood

H.H

August is the Cruelest Month
here's what you do: you pull up at a gas station and while getting your gas filled you say to the attendant, casual like, "check her for oil, would you?"
while he's messing about under the hood, give him the windshield washing fluid canister and ask him to empty it into the tank since the hood is already opened.

be sure to tip well.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Mapparu posted:

did op ever open his car hood

He probably didn't make it. :(

cuntman.net

cars are like mousetraps but for humans

GoodbyeTurtles

H.H posted:

here's what you do: you pull up at a gas station and while getting your gas filled you say to the attendant, casual like, "check her for oil, would you?"
while he's messing about under the hood, give him the windshield washing fluid canister and ask him to empty it into the tank since the hood is already opened.

be sure to tip well.

do NOT do this because they will pee in youre engine (bad for engine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

TWIST FIST posted:

cars are like mousetraps but for humans

• Locked thread