Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2D Mario Games - They're Great, Incredible, and Legendary

3D Mario Games - Ditto

you play any Mario games recently? personally I'm trying to play through all the core Mario games this summer to celebrate the big mans 30th anniversary. and Mario maker comes out later this year, which is going to be sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mapparu
Sep 22, 2013

30th anniversary? wow.
i think im going to play the mario game where he goes into space again... just need to find my wii lol.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i liked the version of mario 64 where i could play as luigi, and yoshi, on my ds.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i started playing super mario 64 again after i got it from club nintendo and upgraded it to the wii u version. its weird using the right control stick as the c buttons. not having a proper camera stick is one of this game's few problems i think, but they worked with what they had so i cant hold it against them.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i liked the version of mario 64 where i could play as luigi, and yoshi, on my ds.

this version became better when the 3ds was released because you can use the circle pad to move when playing it instead of the d-pad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love mario

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i love mario

me too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i dont like all the junk they added to that remake. all i want from a SM64 remake is the same game with higher framerate and a better camera. it works well 90% of the time but in some of the claustrophobic levels the camera sucks rear end, like inside the pyramid.

likewise i really, really want a version of sunshine that is identical except it has a screen that shows which blue coins you havent got yet, because that nonsense is the only reason it remains the only mario game i never 100%

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
sometimes when i knock doors i knock to the tune of 1-1

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I love Super Mario Sunshine, and the Galaxy games.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

sometimes when i knock doors i knock to the tune of 1-1

i do shave and a hair cut myself but maybe thats because my brains plumbing isnt max fuxxored

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the last mario game i played through was galaxy 2, and that was a masterpiece. i want to play 3D World because it looks just as great

we are blessed to have mario games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3D World is really great, but like all the recent Mario games the levels are all a little too wide for single player

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

3D World is really great, but like all the recent Mario games the levels are all a little too wide for single player

3d land and world are lame.. The level and art design is all samey square block poo poo and plays like a worser 2d Mario in 3d

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

3d land and world are lame.. The level and art design is all samey square block poo poo and plays like a worser 2d Mario in 3d
Wow, looks like this guy touched one of his own posts and turned into Bad Poster Mario.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Im playing superstar saga right now and Im having a good time playing it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the last level of 3d world is like the last star in galaxy 2- hard as hell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

the last level of 3d world is like the last star in galaxy 2- hard as hell
3-D World has an interesting difficulty curve, because it's hard when you first start since the camera is weird to get used to, and it's hard at the end because the last two worlds are insane, but it's super smooth in the middle.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I found the camera had no issues. It's my favourite game to play.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Simoom posted:

I found the camera had no issues. It's my favourite game to play.
Once it clicked with me, I loved it. 3-D World's an amazing game. I just found it strange at first because of the fixed camera.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
im going to eat breakfast and play it now. between it and Link Between Worlds, well, those are my favourites.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

3-D World has an interesting difficulty curve, because it's hard when you first start since the camera is weird to get used to, and it's hard at the end because the last two worlds are insane, but it's super smooth in the middle.

i never got used to the camera and still will just jump into the background and die sometimes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the newer 3D Mario games feel a lot slower to me, idk if they actually are or not- just how it "feels". like i remember bursting into a sprint instantly in Mario 64 and Sunshine but in the newer games he has to like rev up like a car or something, not a fan of it, but it's also the only bad thing I can say about the new 3D marios.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
they are a lot slower for sure!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

New Super Mario Bros. is AIDS though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the newer 3D Mario games feel a lot slower to me, idk if they actually are or not- just how it "feels". like i remember bursting into a sprint instantly in Mario 64 and Sunshine but in the newer games he has to like rev up like a car or something, not a fan of it, but it's also the only bad thing I can say about the new 3D marios.

That's definitely true, and it's like the old 2D Marios where you have hold the sprint button the entire time

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Which mario game had the best bowser fight? I think smw.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

new mario u is really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Which mario game had the best bowser fight? I think smw.

I don't remember if it's Galaxy 1 or 2 but one of those where you fight him on ever shrinking planets

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also cat bowser tower is sweet

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Super Mario Sixty loving Four

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

super mario 3 is the mario i enjoy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yoshi's Island.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It annoys me that there's no sprint button in Mario Galaxy, but I get that the game's not really designed with one in mind.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i still hear the songs from both galaxy games in my head

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

It annoys me that there's no sprint button in Mario Galaxy, but I get that the game's not really designed with one in mind.

mario doesnt want to run and jump off a planet on accident

Soral
May 30, 2009

can i post about luigi games here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i never got used to the camera and still will just jump into the background and die sometimes
Also I found the game's a lot easier if you play with two people, since when you inevitably gently caress up a jump due to depth perception, the other person just has to wait for you to respawn rather than restarting the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

• Locked thread