Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My major complaint about X1 vs PS4 controller is I wish the LB RB buttons had less actuation force like R1 L1 on the DS4/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also got a Wii U Pc adapter but I forgot how to make it map the buttons like a 360 controller layout instead of making the XYBA buttons actually correspond to the Wii U controller layout which just throws me off because most games put the button prompts in colors and I also hadn't used a nintendo controller with ABXY on it since the SNES many years ago.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I could figure that out it would be my preferred controller for PC games that don't require analog shoulder buttons.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That hosed up kid who held the controller flat on their thumbs and used their fingers to press buttons/dpad. Adam Lanza did that.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The x1 controller feels better than the ds4

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

hows the xbox 1 dpad, i didnt like the ds3 dpad because it rubbed my thumb raw in fighting games but the ds4 dpad is a lot better for them

Dec 26, 2012

i really like the xbox one controller d-pad

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Black Baby Goku posted:

i have one i use for PC too, the cord they use to charge it breaks really easily lol, ive been through 2 already

loving piece of poo poo

This seems like a way bigger issue than some ephemeral idea of Controller Feel.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really have a strong preference though cuz I'm just going to stick the cobtroller up my rear end and shred my dick making love to my Bloodborne disc; the game I spent ~500 dollars to play.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I don't really have a strong preference though cuz I'm just going to stick the cobtroller up my rear end and shred my dick making love to my Bloodborne disc; the game I spent ~500 dollars to play.

i did it for that and phantom pain then hpantom pain was announced for pc a week later

Dec 26, 2012

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

This seems like a way bigger issue than some ephemeral idea of Controller Feel.

you can use any microusb cable for it so w/e just get a good one

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

but it still comes out two weeks later on pc, so i wouldnt wanna wait anyways

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

hows the xbox 1 dpad, i didnt like the ds3 dpad because it rubbed my thumb raw in fighting games but the ds4 dpad is a lot better for them

It's nice.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can tell from the way it look's it's just infinitely better so... You know.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

SM64Guy posted:

I like it, I have played quite a lot of La Mulana with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ds4 is the best. it is better than the salami and the bologna combined

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

you can use any microusb cable for it so w/e just get a good one

If this thing is going up my rear end, it needs to be a regular size USB cable at the very least

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's less about feeling like I'm breaking it and more about feeling like it's getting jerked around from when I use my retard strength to push the sticks.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
In this thread, people are legitimately arguing over which console has the better controller, while not telling any jokes. Shameful.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Frank Horrigan posted:

In this thread, people are legitimately arguing over which console has the better controller, while not telling any jokes. Shameful.

Wait, we're not being ironic?

I thought we were all transcendent tenth level gamers who had evolved past petty brand loyalty arguments.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
These forums have gone to poo poo since GBS invented ironic posting!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

It's there any controller more perfect than the one for the atari jaguar?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The xbox one is a piece of loving poo poo that i bought because i love to do the things people hate. I hate the big popular things and always root for the underdog in football games and the like, so i bought the xbox one, which is sponsored by Doritos, my favorite food, because I don't eat what's healthy but rather what tastes good like an animal. The xbox one is the console of the NFL probably, a brutal organization of braindamaged murderers. The Xbox One lets me watch TV on my lovely console for $500. I hook it in with the HDMI port like a buttplug and then jack off to television light pixels that cater to the lowest common denominator of poor idiot Americans who also eat bad food for the taste. I deliberately bought the stupid xbox one just to howl at how loving stupid I am for buying such a piece of disfunctional poo poo. Television goes into the xbox and comes out of it like a god drat ouroboros of garbage diarrhea for morons. I love the stupid brands that appear on TV and that's my story.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sir John Feelgood posted:

The xbox one is a piece of loving poo poo that i bought because i love to do the things people hate. I hate the big popular things and always root for the underdog in football games and the like, so i bought the xbox one, which is sponsored by Doritos, my favorite food, because I don't eat what's healthy but rather what tastes good like an animal. The xbox one is the console of the NFL probably, a brutal organization of braindamaged murderers. The Xbox One lets me watch TV on my lovely console for $500. I hook it in with the HDMI port like a buttplug and then jack off to television light pixels that cater to the lowest common denominator of poor idiot Americans who also eat bad food for the taste. I deliberately bought the stupid xbox one just to howl at how loving stupid I am for buying such a piece of disfunctional poo poo. Television goes into the xbox and comes out of it like a god drat ouroboros of garbage diarrhea for morons. I love the stupid brands that appear on TV and that's my story.

tl,dr

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That post is almost as large... as the Xbox!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

lets talk instead why the sticks in the ds3 i use with my pc feel like theyre made of glue

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

theres a thread in games that would love this post, you should check it out

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

qnqnx posted:

lets talk instead why the sticks in the ds3 i use with my pc feel like theyre made of glue

I dont like the DS3 sticks very much.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

If you;re going to make a post this long, don;t me a massive unfunny loser whom's posts I wouldn;t read anyway.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you;re going to make a post this long, don;t me a massive unfunny loser whom's posts I wouldn;t read anyway.

The long post is the hardest to pull off, especially if you are white noise

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

An ouroboros of garbage diarrhea? This... is truly a McDonald's drive-thru.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sir, please leave and take the print outs of your posting career with you

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

youre thinking of a Taco Bell drivethru

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sir, please leave and take the print outs of your posting career with you

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I dont like the DS3 sticks very much.

i keep pushing up+left instead of left and that really bothers me when emulating platformers
why the gently caress they didnt use an octagonal stick gate like all good analog sticks

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my favorite stick is the click stick from the neo geo pocket color. Topic locked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the ds3 a lot but it's probably only because I played hundreds and hundreds of hours of souls games with the same controller and just got used to it. Getting it to work on a PC was a pain for a while though. DS4 is much better and I never tried a X1 pad. Bye

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
DS3's sticks are crap because they build up this flaky white residue that you have to clean out every so often, or it makes the sticks feel gritty. DS3 has best dpad and triggers though, sorry xbox fans.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

L2/R2 on DS3 suck rear end but I'll take that over 360's horrific LB/RB buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frank Horrigan posted:

DS3's sticks are crap because they build up this flaky white residue that you have to clean out every so often, or it makes the sticks feel gritty.
Ugh, the freaking Dick Smegma 3.

• Locked thread