Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buttons so bad on the 360 in the first place. What were they thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
xbone pad makes a really good PC controller. Even the d-pad is useful this time!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ds4 is way better. xbone can't unplug and has no touchpad.

Dec 26, 2012

i have both now and i like the xbox one controller better. ds4 is pretty good though

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
Apparently you're supposed to press the bumpers from the side instead of on top like on the 360 pad and it feels better that way or something.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Was expecting oo bienis, pleasantly surprised by the twist.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's some LJN levels of fuckhat shithousery.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have one i use for PC too, the cord they use to charge it breaks really easily lol, ive been through 2 already

loving piece of poo poo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the xbox one controller is better than the DS4 though, DS4 feels too loving light

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mush Man posted:

Apparently you're supposed to press the bumpers from the side instead of on top like on the 360 pad and it feels better that way or something.

Anything on earth feels better than pressing a tiny stupid rear end awkwardly placed sliver of a button.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Black Baby Goku posted:

the xbox one controller is better than the DS4 though, DS4 feels too loving light

every DualShock I've ever held feels way too light imo

not as bad as the classic controller on the wii tho, im pretty sure that thing was made with anti-matter and has negative mass

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I have one for PC, and it's very good. Well, I hope ypou enjoy your purchase OP.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Black Baby Goku posted:

just tape two AA's to it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

i have to have it plugged in or something it feels like its gonna fly away

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i have to have it plugged in or something it feels like its gonna fly away
I felt the same way about the Dual Shock 3, and I wish they'd just stick some weights in there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

I felt the same way about the Dual Shock 3, and I wish they'd just stick some weights in there.

ds3 is not a very good controller imo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

ds3 is not a very good controller imo
The Wii U Pro Controller feels so much better with the same basic design.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I use a Wii Classic Controller for my PC (Mac) gaming OP.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I use a Wii Classic Controller for my PC (Mac) gaming OP.

I used to as well, then my buddy hooked me up with a logitech f310 which I switched to for those sweet sweet clicky sticks.

I gotta figure out a way to mod this thing to have an octagonal gate so it can conform with my nintendo upbringing

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

SeXReX posted:

every DualShock I've ever held feels way too light imo

not as bad as the classic controller on the wii tho, im pretty sure that thing was made with anti-matter and has negative mass

that thing was such a cheap piece of shita nd it was like 40 dollars too

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I got the Mortal Kombat X controller just to get that rad Xbox One dpad on 360. It is very good.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is there a fully-featured DS4 driver for PC? I'd like to give that a try if there is.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Crimson Harvest posted:

Is there a fully-featured DS4 driver for PC? I'd like to give that a try if there is.

its plug and play, iffy with some games though it seems

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a fully featured hack people use but you should remember microsoft owns the Xinput and the operating system gamers game on so it's all about Xinput on PC so, a DS4 controller is just going to work like a logitech controller from the 90s if you just plug it in.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is a controller that is "too light"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Many gamers whom are sexually frustrated and also not enlightened to the ways of the Fleshlight likely mutilate there dicks on the nightly with an extreme death grip and it translates into holding a controller such that they worry about if it's going to break.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Many gamers whom are sexually frustrated and also not enlightened to the ways of the Fleshlight likely mutilate there dicks on the nightly with an extreme death grip and it translates into holding a controller such that they worry about if it's going to break.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the ds4 is light but i wouldnt say it feels flimsy at all.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I know what they mean, but it doesn't bother me because I have a delicate touch that can make a woman cum.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I prefer a light controller so, I don't know.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

SM64Guy posted:

the ds4 is light but i wouldnt say it feels flimsy at all.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe it's people who game with the controller in there laps or something and they have subtle muscle spasms but since the controller is light they jerk it around like animals.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
people who complain about the hard edges on nes controllers and portable systems

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That hosed up kid who held the controller flat on their thumbs and used their fingers to press buttons/dpad. Adam Lanza did that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Me for example, I hate using the gamepad for the wii u most the time since it's too heavy and big for me, but sometimes if I'm playing a chill game like Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire I use it because it sort of feels like having your hands on a pinball table if you rest it in your lap. Other than that, I don't know what to say about it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That hosed up kid who held the controller flat on their thumbs and used their fingers to press buttons/dpad. Adam Lanza did that.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Me for example, I hate using the gamepad for the wii u most the time since it's too heavy and big for me, but sometimes if I'm playing a chill game like Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire I use it because it sort of feels like having your hands on a pinball table if you rest it in your lap. Other than that, I don't know what to say about it.

i basically only use the pro controller for wii-u games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Using the gamepad as a screen is a bathroom/laying in bed activity, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I guess the heft would matter if I used motion controls...

• Locked thread