Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

anyone got any good tips or tricks for me? is it worth it taking force powers from the opposite alignment? should I wear armor or use force buffs? does atton ever become useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

no, depends on your class, and no. wearing armour as a sith lord or jedi master will cripple you but its fine if youre a different class, usually

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually maybe taking opposite alignment powers is a good idea but i dont remember doing it ever

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was wondering because i'm playing a light side jedi sentinel and honestly it seems like the dark side has all the cool powers, just like in KOTOR. with that in mind though i wonder if force link lets powers used by kreia work on my character even if he's wearing medium armor that would usually restrict it, along with nonalignment powers

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

anyone got any good tips or tricks for me? is it worth it taking force powers from the opposite alignment? should I wear armor or use force buffs? does atton ever become useful?

dont treat it as your standard black/white rpg and play through it however you want

the best part of the game is talking to the old lady

Soral
May 30, 2009

if youre really concerned about your AC then you can get a skill from handmaiden that applies your wisdom to it while you're unarmoured iirc. probably the best option for heavy force users and frees you to use someone other than kreia

Soral
May 30, 2009

im assuming your character is male because you just cant get that skill if your character is a woman

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

bef posted:

dont treat it as your standard black/white rpg and play through it however you want

the best part of the game is talking to the old lady

i kinda tried that with the first one and ended up getting repeatedly owned by some rancors or something right near the end of the game and i kinda want to avoid that with this one, though i suspect i did something really wrong in that playthoguh that i could probably avoid pretty easily

Soral posted:

if youre really concerned about your AC then you can get a skill from handmaiden that applies your wisdom to it while you're unarmoured iirc. probably the best option for heavy force users and frees you to use someone other than kreia

i will keep this in mind because i would like to have the option to leave kreia while still using force powers.

so do people generally agree kotor II is better than the first one or what

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
the gameplay's better and most of the plot is as good or better and then it just kind of goes to poo poo at the end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

go all dark side because by the time you get the late game powers that trivialize everything you will be sick of fighting anyway.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
QUEUE: Force Storm, Force Storm, Force Storm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

uninstall it and every other bioware pile except jade empire

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

kotor 2 is obsidina

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got very close to the end this game a while ago and I only had one save file and I got stuck in a forced encounter that I couldn't win because i thought I was just walking into a cutscene with no health but then when the guys spawned I died instantly. should have used CE to get past it and finish the game but I also was bored of it. Ah well

surc
Aug 17, 2004

oh man jade empire was really good

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Don't sink all your stat upgrades into constitution like I wound up doing, the end boss' health is like 5x your hp or something stupid high like that. It took forever for me and my 682 hp Jedi to take care of business

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If you're a Guardian you want to be light side because they get kicking rad buff spells that make you into an unstoppable juggernaut of close combat.

If you're a Consular you want to be dark side because they have much stronger and crazier damage and debuff spells.

If you're a Sentinel you have more ways to talk to people.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SM64Guy posted:

kotor 2 is obsidina

gently caress YOU!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

surc posted:

oh man jade empire was really good

extremely underrated game imo

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Ehh.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

klapman posted:

extremely underrated game imo

Da fuq is this?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

gently caress YOU!

Try knowing what the gently caress you're talking about for once in your God forsaken life.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Ragg posted:

Try knowing what the gently caress you're talking about for once in your God forsaken life.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i meant the jape empire as a troll, since it is a bad game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it probalby isn't as bad as ragon age 1-3 or the space games tho. i haven't playe d those. kind of hosed up 2 think about.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i meant the jape empire as a troll, since it is a bad game.

hosed up that you would troll like that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i can't find a youtube about jade empires cool shmup

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Da fuq is this?

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Star wars is stupid.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

If you're a Guardian you want to be light side because they get kicking rad buff spells that make you into an unstoppable juggernaut of close combat.

If you're a Consular you want to be dark side because they have much stronger and crazier damage and debuff spells.

If you're a Sentinel you have more ways to talk to people.

Sentinel it is

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Stink fag posted:

Star wars is stupid.

star wars is epic

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SM64Guy posted:

star wars is epic

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I would loving Cum all over a SWTOR with just the class storylines and less AIDSy gameplay i guess lol... murdering ppl in cold blood as fem shep is fun. Dude what if it was like mass effect (not 1) gameplay and swtor class quest story line.. lhohoho poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

I would loving Cum all over a SWTOR with just the class storylines and less AIDSy gameplay i guess lol... murdering ppl in cold blood as fem shep is fun. Dude what if it was like mass effect (not 1) gameplay and swtor class quest story line.. lhohoho poo poo.

If they made SWTOR good you wouldn't of made one of my favorite posts of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If they made SWTOR good you wouldn't of made one of my favorite posts of all time.

What's the post

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What's the post

He was talking about how he couldn't stop playing SWTOR even though it's insanely lovely and then he wrote, "Somebody stop me! *said in the voice of The Mask, but also someone desperately begging for help*"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

He was talking about how he couldn't stop playing SWTOR even though it's insanely lovely and then he wrote, "Somebody stop me! *said in the voice of The Mask, but also someone desperately begging for help*"

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my character is really lovely at stuff i should start thinking before i take feats and whatnot

• Locked thread