Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quote-Unquote posted:

I wish there was a cut of The Exorcist that had a few of the director's cut additions (like the first time Reagan is at the doctor's and is shown getting violent, and we see Captain Howdy 'waking up' in her, or the extra bit with Karras and Merrin talking in between the two 'rounds' of the exorcism which I think adds a fair bit to both characters) but not poo poo like Captain Howdy's face randomly appearing in fridges and extractor fans, and other pointless additions like a random shot of the house at the start.

Or, for that matter, the infamous spiderwalk scene which comes kind of out of nowhere and completely breaks the flow of the movie at that point. It's a cool looking scene - though the director's cut used the version where she vomits blood and the scene ends really abruptly; I much prefer the 'original' spiderwalk where she crawls at the mum and nanny while flicking her tongue. It looks a little goofy now but the music is loving brilliant, and the actual spiderwalk is slower and wayyyy more tense. Still makes no sense in the movie (it happens before any of the really major manifestations of the demon happen), because you'd think someone would, y'know, mention to a doctor that she was able to contort her body and run down the stairs upside down and then spew blood all over the place, especially considering how early on in the possession that it happens. Plus it completely takes away the impact of Burke's death.

The spiderwalk scene has no business being in the film proper, the director said as much and took it out for very specific reasons. It's a great outtake or dvd extra, and it's incredibly creepy on its own after watching the film or while watching a documentary (like as part of the doc/commentary included on the 30th anniversary edition, the best edition), but it completely fucks with the flow and continuity of an entire section of the film...and I'm talking mainly about "The Version You've Never Seen", which is everywhere now iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FreudianSlippers posted:

Another film which he adores is The Devils. Which includes a scene where a nun has a sexual fantasy about a clergyman where he is Jesus and she touches his wounds in a very sexual manner. Later in the film several nuns tear of their clothes and furiously hump a huge crucifix.

So you're saying he likes controversial films that play with themes of religion and sexuality. And?

• Locked thread