Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I haven't watched this since my first time in high school, but it's remained in my mind as one of the most profound and memorable character works I've ever seen. Father Karras is undergoing a crisis of faith akin to that of the priest in Bergman's Winter Light, and has an even better justification given that the world has a child-possessing demon in it. And in spite of this, he ultimately challenges the world's ugliness with a valiant act of sacrifice. His capacity to rise out of his own misery is simultaneously devastating and inspiring. Maybe I'll hit it up tonight. Friedkin is such a force of a filmmaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Christine has that one sick shot of the car riding down the highway ablaze and there's this brilliant low electronic hum serenading it. That's really all I remember.

• Locked thread