Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Whats this "18-25" thing I keep seeing in peoples names?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
Using the mass split to ditch half of your size in order to escape a sticky spot and sacrifice your other half to another player who has you trapped is a great mechanic

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I always enjoy seeing people with names like Crippling Debt devour nation names. Crippling Debt eating Greece is hilarious to me.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Cross post from the PYF thread, since I didn't realize there was one here:

I just stayed at 1 in a session on US west for about an hour as Biorr from demon souls. This game is fantastic.
Redistributing mass after splits (intentional or otherwise) using the W key is really key to defending yourself once you get to a decent size, either to make it so that someone else can't take one of your smaller blobs by enlarging it, or consolidating a lot of split blobs into a main one to minimize damage after being shattered.

The funniest thing about this is when you become big enough for long enough that multiple other players start naming themselves as some variation of you :allears:

Seeing a cloud of "little biorr, " "i love biorr," and "biorkiller" etc running around is just amusing :)

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Is there a reason that some blobs will be able to absorb mine while appearing to only half eclipse it, but I can almost entirely eclipse someone else and they still escape? Is that down to ping/lag?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Esposito posted:

Is there a reason that some blobs will be able to absorb mine while appearing to only half eclipse it, but I can almost entirely eclipse someone else and they still escape? Is that down to ping/lag?

If you're about the same size as another blob you can't absorb each other.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've been lurking the US East server as John Cena and Waluigi TIme. Last attempt got me to 8th so I figured I'd call it quits for a bit. This game's stupidly addicting.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

The Bee posted:

I've been lurking the US East server as John Cena and Waluigi TIme.

I was also on US East earlier as Waluigi but I don't think I saw you.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

YellerBill posted:

I was also on US East earlier as Waluigi but I don't think I saw you.

I only got on recently, so that might be why.

At one point I saw an RKO when I was going around as John Cena, but nothing hilarious came of it sadly.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
Some duder on Reddit made a GreaseMonkey script that lets you choose which server you join.

I'm currently on 45.33.98.65:443 (US East) as 'A HAM SANDWICH' if anyone wants to try it out.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've been playing as "moon" and some guy named himself little moon and is orbitting around me and firing mass as me as soon as he has more than 50. :3:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

GreyPowerVan posted:

I've been playing as "moon" and some guy named himself little moon and is orbitting around me and firing mass as me as soon as he has more than 50. :3:

Yesterday I was running around as "a small" and doing the same thing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Loomer posted:

I always enjoy seeing people with names like Crippling Debt devour nation names. Crippling Debt eating Greece is hilarious to me.

Moments like that are always priceless. I think my personal favorite was when Patriarchy devoured Tumblr, Hitler, Earth, and Tsarist Russia in that order.

This is like the ultimate amusing time waster game. If you have nothing better to do for five minutes to five hours it will keep your hands busy the whole time.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Moments like that are always priceless. I think my personal favorite was when Patriarchy devoured Tumblr, Hitler, Earth, and Tsarist Russia in that order.

This is like the ultimate amusing time waster game. If you have nothing better to do for five minutes to five hours it will keep your hands busy the whole time.

I wish I could move with WASD and aim and shoot mass using my mouse but its fun as-is as well.

YellerBill posted:

Yesterday I was running around as "a small" and doing the same thing.
I had to go so I split and fed him and made A Little Moon rank 2. What a fun guy/

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Teams have been implemented! Be wary of skins like "Nazi" when you are on red team. That little border is sometimes hard to see and you may end up feeding someone into the top ten when you are trying to hide under them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Wow "Real " teams sucks soooo much.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
My name was 🚾 it was POO.

I got eaten by Ice Cream.

agar.io goty

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

ToadStyle posted:

Some duder on Reddit made a GreaseMonkey script that lets you choose which server you join.

I'm currently on 45.33.98.65:443 (US East) as 'A HAM SANDWICH' if anyone wants to try it out.

Gonna have to use this, since it seems like they don't let you choose your server anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So I started playing as "Galactus" and it finally happened...

Just some random dude. He went around popping all the viruses and just feeding his guys back to me, and then I would just give him mass. If anyone ate him I would retaliate. We were pretty unstoppable so eventually I just gave him all my mass and peaced out.

• Locked thread