Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I am still all for England, definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Hey I'm with it either way. Although if you're taking requests I'd totally be down with some sort of confrontation with the Emma Frosts of Christmas Past if we're heading to England. Still pretty curious about what lies in Mystery Zone X though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I don't have a better idea, so I'm all in for England. All caught up now myself, sorry for any delay - Mystique has nothing to say right now, or I'd post in the main thread.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well that's four for England so here we go!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Arivia posted:

Mystique (currently Domino)
Team D6, 2 XP, 1 PP

Domino spoke up, adopting a high-class aristocratic English accent. "We are from Bath. Ignore the girl; she is knocked in the head, as she admits. We will be happy to accompany you - I myself play quite the harlequin, as you can see."

Mystique knows Victorian England, but she's acting period appropriate. D6 Team + D8 Older Than She Looks + D10 Covert Master: 1d6+1d8+1d10 9 with a D10 effect die

Given how poorly we both rolled in this instance I'd like to think that both Mystique and Emma are using on-point and historically accurate British accents due to making reasonable assumptions but the locals for some inexplicable reason speak perfectly normal vernacular American English.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well 1602 IS a world created by Steve Rogers ending up in the 16th century and changing history from then on... what if he threw his shield at BRITISH PRONUNCIATIONS?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Guessing that makes us traitors to the crown and HRM Stephen III of the House of Rogers. Or maybe they'll think we're Skrulls Scottish?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Everyone doing okay?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

I'm alive, just really snowed under at work. Probably post maybe later today or tomorrow?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's a very busy week for me as well. We have classes starting on Monday and I need to get my staff ready for that.

On the other hand I'll probably have time for an update tomorrow, since I am speaking at our Freshman orientation and I have six hours between the two times I need to do so.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
There's probably little hope of it considering it's been months, but since the game is dead, any chance we can at least get a reveal on what the secret zone was gonna be? For some reason it came to me to wonder about today, and I figured I'd at least ask.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Marvel licensed books of the early 80s. So Transformers and Larry Hama GI Joe mostly.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

That would have been pretty fun. :unsmith:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Also the bards you fell in with were 1602 versions of Joan Jett and Iggy Pop.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Defiance Industries posted:

Marvel licensed books of the early 80s. So Transformers and Larry Hama GI Joe mostly.

As if I couldn't get sadder about this game.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
That does sound pretty awesome.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Maltose posted:

As if I couldn't get sadder about this game.

Agreed. You're a better GM than we deserve, DI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

drat that makes the poetic performance cribbed from H.P. Lovecraft I had planned all the more tragic for never happening. We could have done a musical number. Here's the poem anyway if somebody wants to use it for something.

H.P. Lovecraft posted:

Come hither, my lads, with your tankards of ale,
And drink to the present before it shall fail;
Pile each on your platter a mountain of beef,
For ’tis eating and drinking that bring us relief:
So fill up your glass,
For life will soon pass;
When you’re dead ye’ll ne’er drink to your king or your lass!

Anacreon had a red nose, so they say;
But what’s a red nose if ye’re happy and gay?
Gad split me! I’d rather be red whilst I’m here,
Than white as a lily—and dead half a year!
So Betty, my miss,
Come give me a kiss;
In hell there’s no innkeeper’s daughter like this!

Young Harry, propp’d up just as straight as he’s able,
Will soon lose his wig and slip under the table;
But fill up your goblets and pass ’em around—
Better under the table than under the ground!
So revel and chaff
As ye thirstily quaff:
Under six feet of dirt ’tis less easy to laugh!

The fiend strike me blue! I’m scarce able to walk,
And drat me if I can stand upright or talk!
Here, landlord, bid Betty to summon a chair;
I’ll try home for a while, for my wife is not there!
So lend me a hand;
I’m not able to stand,
But I’m gay whilst I linger on top of the land!

• Locked thread