Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

2) Because three Role Cards are discarded to the Leftovers pile, and not to the players, not all roles will be in play. (For example, there may be no Seer, no Hunter, or even no Werewolves.)

OMG what if there aren't any scum, you guys?!?! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

I have changed the OP to reflect a different voting system.

Hmmm, so does this mean people could be all shady and make a show of voting one way in the thread and on votefinder, but then override it and secretly PM you something else?

e:fb!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cool, this sounds like it's going to be hella crazy! Can't wait to see all the possible roles so I can start trying to make some sense out of all this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

:spooky: ORDER IN WHICH NIGHT ACTIONS OCCUR :spooky:

1) The Werewolves find out which other player was dealt a Werewolf Role Card (or the lone Werewolf reveals a Leftover Role Card to themselves).

2) The Masons find out which other player was dealt a Mason Role Card.

3) The Seer performs their night action (revealing either one player's Role Card, or two Leftover Role Cards, to themselves).

4) The Robber may swap his Role Card with another player.

5) The Troublemaker may swap two players' Role Cards.

6) The Insomniac looks at their Role Card.

:spooky: ANY QUESTIONS? :spooky:

The roles that swap cards sound like they have potential to be a glorious clusterfuck! :getin: But I just wanted to clarify these two things:

Insomniac comes last after all the craziness is done, and gets to see their role card. Since you said they're the only ones who can be sure of their role, they'll get told they're the insomniac before all those other actions go down, right? In other words, they will have special confirmation that their role is current and up-to-date based off their starting off as an insomniac? So then if they end up with something else, they'll not only know their role for certain, but that they were switched with somebody who now holds their townie insomniac card?

Werewolves and Masons can be notified of the other's identity, but this comes early in the queue and might be changed. So unlike standard Mafia, I presume that masons and scum/werewolves will NOT be allowed to communicate out of thread? It's just a clue for them to work off of, so they can nudge-nudge wink-wink at each other inside the thread? While hoping that their team is actually still in place?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha this is nuts, I love it.

I was just thinking that the 1-night format and lack of nightkills really encourages roleclaiming for town. A massclaim might make it possible to piece together what's happened, especially if there's 2 werewolves who make bad calls about what to fakeclaim and get caught out.

But if you're a townie that got switched with a werewolf, successfully putting the puzzle together means you get shafted.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Awww I didn't get the troublemaker, I wanted to switch Beet and Gaspy just to be obnoxious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

I had the same idea.

So I did.

:laffo: are you serious

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All right so are you punks gonna start roleclaiming or what? I'm a boring villager so I got nothing better to do than start putting all your dodgy stories together, get with it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So long as the robber didn't end up turning into a werewolf, why shouldn't they claim? They'd be able to point out who they swapped with and ID both of their roles. The only thing that could mess up the robber's data is the troublemaker afterwards.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That troublemaker better watch out, they are gonna get so roleblocked or nightkilled

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, I thought being anti-roleclaim was weird. But rather than just saying vote for Birdstrike, I'd like to at least try and actually figure out what's going on, and then probably end up voting for Birdstrike if he's in our pool of suspicious people left.

fake edit: this would be really heavy-handed too obvious aiming for a tanner lynch, but we don't have a tanner in this game?!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Good idea
##vote Birdstrike

I am really glad now we don't have a tanner in this game cause this would be some really bad WIFOM poo poo, wondering if he's just trying to make us think he's the tanner.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but minus a tanner, it makes less sense unless he's just jokephasing longer than most. Or maybe he is a werewolf, and he doesn't know what to roleclaim, so he's just gonna be coy about it and hope we think it's all just joking? I don't know, let's get some bloody data in here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh that's right, the hunter has a lynch-activated thing too! That would be really tempting to try and get to use. That makes a lot of sense actually.

So here's what we got so far:

Bif (me) - claims villager
Small Keating - claims villager? Was that a serious roleclaim, SK?
Gough - claims villager
Mad Katter - claims insomniac, who got targeted by robber
MMG - claims robber and backs up Mad Katter's claim, says he took his insomniac card

players not claimed yet:

Asphyxious
Birdstrike
Beet
Coq

So claimed roles so far are:
3 x villager (already at max)
Robber
Insomniac

Unclaimed roles, 3 of which would be out of play anyway:
2 x Werewolf
2 x Mason
1 x Seer
1 x Troublemaker
1 x Hunter (possibly Birdstrike??)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I claimed mason you thundering oaf!

you claimed a mason JAR so I thought you were still jokephasing sheesh

Do you not have a mason buddy then?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Interesting.

I'll go over the list when I get back home, hopefully we can.see by then where Beet supposedly fits into all this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uh.... not that this outcome is necessarily more likely compared to having 1 or 2 werewolves hiding, but IF it so happened that by the end of tonight we started to believe we were all town, does that mean no one could cast a single vote, or else we lynch a town and lose?!

Can you just clarify this TOML, cause that sounds hosed up.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What the fuuuuck that's even worse

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

The idea of coordinating voting in that manner beggars belief.

Also a bit dull to assume there's no wurrwolves.

At least we've established that if there were no wolves, successfully acting on that information would be nigh impossible anyway. :stare:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

Mostly paranoia.

I could see a vote for beet. The problem is, can I trust you?

Aren't you masons supposed to be confirmed to each other, what the hell are you two even on about!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay I am back at home and properly camped out in front of the computer now. Gonna see if there's anything worth effortposting about.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

After looking through everything again, I got to thinking that depending on how Beet's claim stacked up and what possibilities that left, I might actually be more suss on Gough. Despite his early claim, he's actually said far, far less than Beet. And even his claim sounds a bit odd in retrospect - just "I was a villager" before he goes to near total silence. And looking back after a lot more claims have come in, that "I WAS a villager" sounds a bit odd to me. A bit too self-conscious about the possibility of switching, like he was already hedging for a backup story.

Looking back through Beet's posts to try and get a read, he just sounds absent more than anything. Usually no matter if Beet is town or scum, I can find something to argue with in his posting cause he's either pushing his agenda, or pushing people's buttons to see what happens. I get paranoid as hell about what he's really up to and if I've got things wrong because he's just arguing something as town that I take issue with. But here, I can't even feel that cause Beet's posts throughout the day have been lifeless, more like he's on autopilot, briefly peeking in here and there but not quite here yet. If this is by design as an excuse to hide and not claim, I think it's been done pretty well - and yet, even this absent Beet has been posting more stuff than Gough was until he just showed up now.

But after considering all that and waiting around to see what's up with him before I say too much... Beet STILL hasn't shown up yet. So this might be kind of a moot point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've been waiting to do my sum-up post once all the reports are in and Beet hopefully gave his own story instead of being prodded into it, but it just keeps not happening.

Not only has Gough hidden more, no one had said one word about it previously. That also bothered me. If we end up trying to change direction, I'd like to have the possibility at least floating out there instead of trying to pull it totally out of thin air with even less time to go.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Sorry Beet, I rolled Seer. I had a peek at Discarded Cards 2 and 3. They were Troublemaker and Hunter.

I told you to claim Villager man, I told youuuuuu

...if you were the seer, what were you gonna do if we decided to lynch you on purpose as the hunter? :argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Why would we lynch on purpose a town role you galactic doofus!

That was clearly never going to happen.

Actually, one other possibility I was thinking of while waiting for Beet was that if we're really sold on voting Beet, it might be even better to vote Birdstrike as extra insurance. Because if he really was a hunter who intended to use his power to swap the lynch to Beet instead, there is no change, but if he was lying about being the hunter, then we get him instead! It's like two shots at winning!

But now he's saying he's not the hunter so meh.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

I was suss on Bif (barely) because her effort posts earlier today assumed 3 villagers and 1 or 0 wolves while I hadn't ruled out the possibility of 2 villagers and 2 wolves. Running on fumes there I was imagining.

This would have been really different if either the shuffle or the choices were just slightly different. The Robber hitting the Insomniac basically turned them into second masonry, and with the actual masonry it basically halved the pool of suspects. Knowing the Troublemaker was inactive also made the game more linear.

My last plan for action was hoping Beet claimed villager too, because I thought there was no way to definitively disprove that claim, but
¯\_(ツ)_/¯. There still could be another wolf out there, I guess.

That's not exactly what I said...

Bifauxnen posted:

So claimed roles so far are:
3 x villager (already at max)
Robber
Insomniac

Unclaimed roles, 3 of which would be out of play anyway:
2 x Werewolf
2 x Mason
1 x Seer
1 x Troublemaker
1 x Hunter (possibly Birdstrike??)

I was listing what had been claimed, versus what hadn't yet been claimed, to try and see when and if any conflicting claims came up. The claims for villager were already at max, if another came up, we could then be sure at least 1 was false.

I didn't think there was anythign to complain about when you brought up that 1 villager could still be out of play though, because yes, that is also true.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay so Beet and Birdstrike are in direct conflict now over their claims, this is what I was expecting we'd have more of in this game, and earlier. I think whichever one it is, they are likely to be the only werewolf.

If there were two werewolves, it would be a lot harder for either of them to try a gambit like this. But if they were the only werewolf, they'd get to view one of the unused cards, similar to the seer's power. Then Beet could more confidently claim troublemaker, knowing no one else had it. Or Birdstrike could confidently claim hunter.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Waaait a second, maybe Birdstrike is still a hunter and this is all just a double gambit to get us to vote Beet for sure, like Birdstrike already pulled before when he faked his copclaim in the JoJo game! We're now locked into those two as one of them having to be liars! So if we believe Birdstrike and vote Beet, all is good as far as he's concerned, but if we don't believe his claims, we're left voting for Birdstrike, who is the one in direct opposition to Beet's claim, and then Birdstrike gets to take Beet down anyway if he's the hunter.

Birb if you're really the hunter please tell us and I'll vote for you. :3:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Haha oh Bif :D

Good call dude! I figured with 2 of us wolves in play, we could probably only get away with 1 tricky roleclaim, and that would be even harder without us getting a look at the discards. At least one of us would have to claim a plain villager, and that might as well be me, and early. I was hoping by the time my helpful townie routine played out Beet could piece together a decent roleclaim, but things were pretty locked down with 2 masons and the robber hitting the insomniac!

I thought it was pretty exciting having to play as scum "in the field" not being able to actually talk to each other. Made things pretty interesting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah the way things worked out a lot of people were confirmed. Before you changed your hunter claim Birb, I thought you were off-limits too! Cause it'd be no good to succesfully frame you if you had it in for Beet.

If I had been town I seriously would have argued that lynching you was the most rational option, so you could get Beet for us if you were telling the truth, and go down in flames if you were faking us out and lying about being the Hunter. (so there, Gaspy! :cheeky:) Now I wish I had, cause your "no wait I'm the Seer!" reaction could've really backfired on you! But I couldn't, cause I thought that'd just screw us over and lock in the town win on your lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How big can this game get? Now that we know how it works I'd love to see a huge crazy one. The 1-day format is a lot of fun.

• Locked thread