Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

So one thing to keep in mind if you're still new: Skill Regen is just hideously overpowered and cranking it as high as possible should be your first priority with each new Season. Being able to use not only your equipped weapons but the crazier skills like Lightning Dagger and Squarehouse Kick every turn is pretty great.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Have they fixed the Robot Parts bug yet?

They did, thank god. I can go back to my Sixth Ranger save now, even if I'm having way too much fun being the Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: Mecha Hit Chance also has kind of the same problem. Being able to get more hits in reliable is way way more valuable than a once-every-5-rounds nuke or whatever.

Mecha Hit Chance also suffers from some hosed-up FFT-esque RNG where any number that isn't above 90% feels like it's about half that. I should not be whiffing as much as I do on 85% hit rate.

So this was pretty satisfying.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 5, 2015

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

I want a Go-Onger/Go-Busters mode where you start with three guys then get the other two later.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 5, 2015

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Kelp Plankton posted:

I hope it includes being able to make full custom seasons though. That would be a big source of content if it did.

Season 6: Boxing Box's Counterattack.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Just beat the Rider route and goddrat is that skillset fun. You become an unstoppable murder tornado, occasionally literally. I'll have to do this again on the higher difficulty level. Driver Mode's damage-taken debuff can be cleansed by Mend Friend, by the way. :getin:

Also I wasn't quite looking for it but I took way too drat long to realize what reference the Rider character's supposed to be.

Stallion Cabana posted:

How do you get the Decked Out achievement? I fully upgraded everything in the Studio all three times and still didn't get it?

You might have to buy and upgrade all the robot parts as well, I dunno.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

My Metal Hero route save is, uh, certainly a thing.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

The moment I saw the color choices that's exactly what I wanted to go for at least once. :ssh:

Earth's mighty heroes Blue Man Five: Gray Blue, Light Blue, Red Blue, Blue Blue and White Blue!

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Astro Nut posted:

But once the game was playable and that came out, they decided to go at it again, and bringing in Toei so that the case was technically different from what was previously resolved.

Thinking about it, straight up throwing Big One, Battle Fever Robo and Alpha Five into the background of a couple stages couldn't have helped Behold much either.

Like yeah this is still super dickish but at the same time: guys, come on, you're being flagged down just because the game exists, what are you doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

"Can you beat this combo?" No, because your loving RNG prevents me from hitting whenever the rate drops below 80%.

I know it's from the Series Finale robot fight with like 1000% accuracy but I'm bitter anyway. :colbert:

• Locked thread