Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The planet keeps spinning
for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

this game is fun but otoh i dont like how you have to make your squad choices at the start and then can't change them or anything later, so you're basically making your choices sight-unseen on your first playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

Stallion Cabana posted:

And apparently removed some memes stuff or w/e.
rip doge jokes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

ImpAtom posted:

The dialogue really really could have used an English editor. It's not unreadable but it's incredibly ESL at times.
the bit with the female/male hostage thing was the funniest thing ive read in years

i cant even tell if it was meant to be funny or not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

MisterBibs posted:

Christ, the show you quit is called Super Rangers. Call it Super Hyper Fighting Force, and voila, I just took one problem away.
yeah i agree, everything that uses rangers has gotten sued

note: none of these things got sued

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

but the problem is they would have gotten kicked around no matter what, short of completely changing the premise. which they wouldn't do, because the sentai thing is a huge part of the game and is clearly borne of their love for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

MisterBibs posted:

No specific elements. Don't put characters from That Show in the background. Don't put one of the main characters of That Show in the background. Don't even bring up something close to That Show. Hell, have someone interrupt someone else who gets close to mentioning That Show. No, That Show had a head in a tube, let's not settle for a brain in a tube. Hey, let's make sure your starting cast isn't Red Black Blue Yellow Pink. That Show did that.

Be creative. Trust your audience to see the connections without glaring HEY ITS LIKE SENTAI SERIES 4, GET IT littered about that even the blindest of lawyers will sniff out.
[You can direct.]
[I'll see you in court.]
[I'll pay you.]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

hey guys, here's my post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

MisterBibs posted:

Made the resulting product less of a ripoff and more of a parody, as was supposedly intended. Also, has the benefit of not having a big neon sign saying 'Sue Us' on it.
oh poo poo, you're ripping off my post! here's a lawsuit, motherfucker

oh, you could have avoided it

remove all those, uh, words, you used to make the post

also the avatar, that's gotta go. it's got a face in it. maybe you could make your avatar, like, a leg or something instead? spitballing here

misterbibs and endorph both have an e in them, so if you could make your name misturbibs, that'd be great

just a few small changes and this could be well on the side of parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for billions of years
Even for a moment
Listen to me

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm amazed you guys are still arguing with that guy.
i sued him but he didn't reply. that counts as a failure to appear in court right? gonna get a bench warrant on this guy

• Locked thread