Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
They fixed all the bugs about things not counting in Director's instructions and fixed missing properties in Crafting but they also removed the infinite items bug.

And apparently removed some memes stuff or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Poison Mushroom posted:

Have they fixed the Robot Parts bug yet?

They said they did, if that's the one where you get stuck on default parts on reload.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I feel like if this game could get some more expansions and stuff it would be cool. Like getting a mech for the Sixth Ranger or something like that. A bunch of Sentai stuff that just didn't make the cut I guess for time and budget reasons.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Weird bug; Apparently when you craft a new item it doesn't take your passive skills in account while calculating it's attack so their damage numbers get hosed up. You'll notice it with Techie and Assault the most.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

How do you get the Decked Out achievement? I fully upgraded everything in the Studio all three times and still didn't get it?

EDIT: actually I didn't get the 'upgrade your Studio to Level 3' either. Am I missing a trigger? I have already beaten the game and it didn't show up.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Is anyone else besides me having an issue with Fast Reflexes not working? I ended up with a scout with like 94% dodge chance with Fast Reflexes active and he still never ever Countered. It's quite annoying.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Waffleman_ posted:

Saban: *Looks at The Wonderful 101, a game that is about a team of multicolored heroes but is published by a company that has gone up against loving Universal and won* This is fine.

Saban: *Sees a game about a team of multicolored heroes made by an independent studio based in a country they don't even do business in* THAT'S NOT OKAY.

Saban probably realized suing Nintendo would have resulted in the same thing as happened with GW and Space Marines

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Section Z posted:

This worked fine for me before the patch. AFTER the patch, I barely counter anything with anyone. Even if they talk about countering. Literally the only time my scout countered in the last fight was at the very end to crit counter the boss to death before I could use the finisher :argh:

I mean, normal mode I could still likely manage with player countering being prettyfucked, but I wouldn't touch hard mode until such things are fixed.

My other bug before and after patch. Since the middle of season 4, my lead has had a striped motorcycle helmet visually (I THINK a mission you went without him until he popped up for some dialogue at the end was the cause?). Swapping items doesn't help. But at least my stats listings seem to be correct to what I have equipped.

Fun Edit: I went with a Crush theme for my team. The Crush Commandos's Megaton Crusher didn't finish off the monster! We need Gigaton Crushing power, summon Crushington!

Yeah I'm seeing this too, even the stuff about talking about countering where they aren't.

They apparently somehow turned off countering during their patch. Somehow.

What in the gently caress.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Rhonne posted:

MisterBibs is a well known dumbass and shouldn't be encouraged.

Making my techie the beaver turned out to be a great idea, makes the romance subplot all the more funny and awkward.

Bever Goes to Dentist.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Yeah this game does have some buggy issues.

Like I don't know what Crafting Rate does. Your team can't counter right now for..some reason? Like the counter will trigger but then they won't do it (I had a 94% dodge Scout for the final battle and they never ever countered despite never being hit once. :( )

Multishot totally works with Rifles though, it has the same range as usual but you can still do it and it does a lot more damage because it also benefits from Sniper Cat based on the furthest distance you're multi shotting someone applied to everyone in the area.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Kelp Plankton posted:

How the hell do you do ranged team up attacks or weapon finishers? I never saw those at all in my playthrough.

Has to be with weapons.

There's actually two Finishers; the five man normal attack where they float into the air and launch beams, and a five man Weapon attack where they combine the weapons into a cannon thing and fire that.

The second one does more damage, but requires your weapons to be off cool down (The actual 'use the weapons', like the Sword/Lance/Axe/Pistol/Bow/Dagger/Rifle stuff).

If you have everyone teamworked to where they could hit the opponent with their weapon and the weapon is off cooldown- so 2 squares with Lance, 1 square for Axe/Dagger/Sword, 3-4 square with Pistol and like 5 for Rifle- then they do the weapon finisher when you pick the weapon of your activator and use it on the bad guy. You can tell when it'll trigger because rather then just flashing and them raising their hands if they're participating, they'll also hold up their weapons.

It's honestly a super pain in the rear end because for like the Assault sometimes that means just straight up not using their weapon to save it for the finish.

this is the same logic with Teamwork attacks, it's just that those involve, obviously, less then 5 people.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Yeah the game's defaults are all pretty good for what they do; though some are better for going for specific gimmicks. Like I could see using the Mike Tyson character for an Assault with the Rider path to have literally the highest attack in the game.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

they have patched again. It seems countering is fixed, they fixed some achievements and some Kamen Rider stuff. Here's the patchnotes.

quote:

Features:
- Steam Cloud activated;
- “Choose Difficulty Level” added to Settings screen (Lowest Difficulty used during campaign is considered when giving achievements);
- Updated Difficulty descriptions to better reflect the actual experience;

Gameplay:
- "Interesting" difficulty Damage Multiplier increased from 0.9 to 1.1;
- "Interesting" difficulty Kaiju Damage Multiplier increased from 0.8 to 1.1;
- "Challenging" difficulty Kaiju Damage Multiplier increased from 1 to 1.25;
- Zombie audience value decreased from 75 to 50;
- Techie: Gadget Geek activates only once per turn;
- Driver mode buff won't stack anymore;
- Hard limit on Dodge 95%, hard limit on Critical 100%, hard limit on Counter 100%;
- Mecha Hit Chance keeps dropping even after Combo 8;

Skills:
- Rifle attack range decreased from 7 to 5;

Mecha Items:
We had to rearrange a few skills from the Mecha Items to make the experience smoother for new players. We apologize in advance for the unexpected skill changes in your current Mecha loadout.
- To-Hit chance passive bonuses on Mecha Arm items decreased by 20% across the board;
- "Colored Box of Justice" now provides the "Super Shield" skill from level 2 onwards;
- "Shield Shell" now provides a big passive Defense bonus instead of "Super Shield";
- "True Striker" now provides the "Precision Strike" skill from level 2 onwards;
- "Precise Puncher" now provides a big passive Hit Chance skill instead of "Precision Strike";

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed Techie’s “Multishot” freezing the episode when attacking objects like mines, sprouts and portals;
- Fixed a bug in the Counter attack probability;
- Fixed a bug when counter attacking a counter attack where one of the characters would die in the sequence of attacks. This sometimes freezed the episode;
- Fixed camera crew animation on Dead End map;
- Fixed an issue where some Villain X single-target attacks were not Dodge-able;
- Fixed an issue where Ironing Man`s attacks were not Dodge-able;
- Fixed achievements: "Fully Decked Out", "Can We Afford This?" and "Going Fancy". (These will work retroactively as you open the Upgrade Window);
- Fixed achievements: "With All My Heart" and "Don't Ever Forget". (These will work retroactively as you load a game that completed any episode on Season 5 on the correct story paths;
- Fixed "Fan Favorite"'s description and achievement;
- Fix on Mecha Combo Zoom;
- Fixed helmet sprite on lead being wrong when equipping Crafted Spears;
- Fixed on several Localization issues;

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I'm so glad that they fixed countering. Like the fact it wasn't working was making missions tremendously harder, it's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Section Z posted:

Well, I certainly was worried when I pulled my weapon finisher during the Season 2 finale, and as the cutaway ends and it comes back to the map, the first thing I see is-

DODGE

...Then 600 damage and a victory. But Jesus that half second of "wait, WHAT!?"

Yeah I've been seeing bad guys dodge a lot more often, especially when counter was broken enemies with 0% dodge were dodging attacks, and a lot of finishers were getting dodged, but it seems that the attack is undodgeable and always inflicts it's damage even when it's technically 'dodged'.

• Locked thread