Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
So this thread still hasn't had a single actual uber driver post in it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Main Paineframe posted:

That's a bit like starting a thread "Tell me about being the bottom rung in a Pyramid Scheme" and then ignoring all responses because they don't come from a current member of a pyramid scheme.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I would just be interested in more responses from drivers and less pedantic arguments. I missed one of the two actual uber driver posts on page 1.

The only times I've used uber were just a handful in Chicago and they were so much better than cabs. But typically in Chicago I'm either walking, riding with friends, or using buses and trains.

I guess I patronized an exploitive company but I also wear clothes and eat factory farmed chicken which basically makes me a monster.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Except MLM often requires the salespeople to buy an initial kit of product to sell such that recruiting alone is profitable.

Some MLMs could make money purely through recruiting workers. Uber would go bankrupt without rider revenue. They don't actually charge drivers a startup fee do they?

Also if all it takes to define a customer is that companies market toward employees or contractors, I guess the customer of the peace corps are those who sign up. Same with the military.

Edit: I've heard radio ads for uber drivers but I've seen a ton of web ads directed at riders. Uber' home page is blatantly aimed at potential riders.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 17, 2015

• Locked thread