Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Anyone playing BR's and want a partner? I've only recently started playing but I've gotten top 5 my last dozen or so matches. Still haven't won a game, but I've gotten close. I feel like teams would really help out quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think I've even killed a person yet in BR. I suck at this game.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

[–]travvy13 2 points 9 hours ago
Ive learned that in this world of chaos killing unlooted players, while extremely fun, was not worth the waist of ammo or putting the KOS tag on our server (Batter)... the only scum that i put out of their misery while a fresh spawn is anyone who talks poo poo, Asians/hackers, and any poor fool i come across that has anything i need.. such as some dope fresh kicks!
good post
permalinksavereportgive goldreply

So I guess it's okay to to KoS Asians because racism, but don't do it to anyone else guys

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tusen Takk posted:

So I guess it's okay to to KoS Asians because racism, but don't do it to anyone else guys

He's talking about the Chinese. They're a faction on our server. I forget their clan tag but they're very hostile towards Americans.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Don't let that stop you though, with your fingers ever ready to scream racism onto the internet.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

In that context they were talking about Koreans and Japanese but still lol

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tusen Takk posted:

In that context they were talking about Koreans and Japanese but still lol

Oh that's probably racist.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Agoat posted:

He's talking about the Chinese. They're a faction on our server. I forget their clan tag but they're very hostile towards Americans.

I will literally smash other new spawns with my fists the instant I see them. The only people I don't kill are people who are grouped and better armed than me.

Hail Satan.

Ptylerdactyl
Aug 3, 2015
would it be a good idea to play a little bit on a pve server for basic gameplay knowledge or should i just say gently caress it and begin playing with imperium groups?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Play BR first.

(And last)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ptylerdactyl posted:

would it be a good idea to play a little bit on a pve server for basic gameplay knowledge or should i just say gently caress it and begin playing with imperium groups?

You're going to learn more in five minutes playing with imps than you will loving around with a bunch of role playing pubbies

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ptylerdactyl posted:

Jump on board with Imperium so we can show you the important stuff.

Ptylerdactyl
Aug 3, 2015

Tusen Takk posted:

You're going to learn more in five minutes playing with imps than you will loving around with a bunch of role playing pubbies

that's what I figured. I jumped on a pve server for about 10 minutes and was immediately greeted by 3 people screaming at me to join their lovely group so they can loot one place and distribute the loot between each other. so gently caress that I'll get on the mumble later.

does text chat even work in this game? I tried typing poo poo but didn't ever see it show anywhere.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ptylerdactyl posted:

that's what I figured. I jumped on a pve server for about 10 minutes and was immediately greeted by 3 people screaming at me to join their lovely group so they can loot one place and distribute the loot between each other. so gently caress that I'll get on the mumble later.

does text chat even work in this game? I tried typing poo poo but didn't ever see it show anywhere.

nope, text chat is for console stuff only like /loc and /respawn

Ptylerdactyl
Aug 3, 2015

Tusen Takk posted:

nope, text chat is for console stuff only like /loc and /respawn

ah, well that's kinda hosed. but I guess it is still alpha. local and group chat would be pretty useful.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think the devs have specifically stated that there will never be a local chat and that everything is voiced based, because that's more realistic

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Of course there is a server wipe as soon as i get a really comfortable room in the barracks all set up :saddowns:

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
Are goons still doing things in h1z1?

I recently gained interest in the game again, first BR in months and got 4th place. Got killed and immediately saw a notification saying a cheater was banned.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

bonerstorm posted:

Are goons still doing things in h1z1?

I recently gained interest in the game again, first BR in months and got 4th place. Got killed and immediately saw a notification saying a cheater was banned.

We mostly play Survival. Come play with us!

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
alright goons so I lurked this thread several months ago and am wondering if it's still fairly active and if we still have an unstoppable deathtrap fortress that I can reside in and shoot my teammates as I please because we have a laughable amount of lols and stomp pubbies.

is this still the current situation? what server? how do I denote I'm from SA by joining?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hey there! Yes we're still very active, there should be info on how to join in the OP, or if you pm me here I'll hook you up with Spanks who can explain everything and is one of the officers so he can get you set up.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
h1z1 invitational starteded on twitch

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
How was the invitational? Did they invite mittani or his redhead?

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
Hopped on survival for the first time, ran into a pubbie, was about to beat him over the face with a crowbar and he's like "friendly friendly!" Invites me to his group, we walk around G9 and G8 for a while and then he's telling this story about "these IMP guys who fight over this dam with us, they have like 8 or 10 of them or something, thats all I know." I would've shot him in the back if I had a gun, but I didn't. I'm also in this pubbie's group which apparently has 6 or so members.. how do I leave it? I couldn't find anything in the menus.

All in all, was a fun experience until this guy came with a shotgun and wrecked me. I couldn't find anything but an AR15 and a few .45 rounds.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Don't leave, you have infiltrated a pubbie group which sets them up for destruction at your hand.

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!

demonR6 posted:

Don't leave, you have infiltrated a pubbie group which sets them up for destruction at your hand.

That's what I was thinking actually; I'll see what kind of setup they have and try to set them up for an ambush :lol:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

At the very least, GET THEIR CODES so we can save explosives and so they all hopefully rage quit or go full goon and create a goonswarmesque anti spy regsite

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

nosl posted:

That's what I was thinking actually; I'll see what kind of setup they have and try to set them up for an ambush :lol:

I would say hang out for a couple of weeks, get thoroughly embedded and just sell them out at every opportunity while never revealing yourself. Going whole hog and letting them get nuked is not nearly as fun as watching them slowly get taken apart with your help while they sit there wondering how the gently caress things keep going to poo poo for them.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I started this game by RPing Osama Bin Ladin and jihading all the filthy infidels. Died a bunch of times. At one point I was jihading this British guy and there was a Mexican dude attacking him. After chasing the British guy for like 10 mins due to lack of ranged weapons I got tired and killed the Mexican instead. Having given up on killing the British guy, the cock mongler tries to shoot me, he misses, and I proceed to chase him for another 10 mins to introduce him to the Apache Scalping ritual. About half way through some naked guy joins the fray and starts punching him. He don't talk much. I call him Silent-Akhemed. I loot body, find pistol to which I already had ammo. Figured Silent-Akhemed would go his own way, but he ends up following me around as I loot poo poo. Eventually he loses track of me and does his own thing, as I'm about to bounce I see Silent-Akhemed getting assailed by an infidel in a very nice red jacket. I wanted that red jacket. I popped two caps into the infidel and claimed my prize. Silent-Akhemed begins to follow me religiously. Didn't mind too much then, he wasn't getting in the way. Still the way he had his knife equipped made me uneasy. Eventually as we're looting things, I notice that he is looting .45 ammo. That's my ammo. He's clearly trying to sabotage my offensive capacity. So I lead him into a room with a lot of containers. I stand back as he begins searching. Pop. Pop. Two caps fo his head, now dat ammo thieving mothafucka is dead. I then proceed to loot two .45 rounds off his corpse and carry on.

Game is okay.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
luring unsuspecting pubbies into a small encampment where your dudes are hanging out in a shelter waiting to jump out and violate them is entertaining too..

nosl
Jan 17, 2015

CHIM, bitch!
Gotta say roaming with gewnz in this game is fun as hell. I'm addicted after just 100minutes of playtime in one spawn.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Server wipe = good times chopping idiots to bits with a wood axe to steal their backpack(s)

:getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Was there a server wipe?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Is there still a large goon presence in this game? I'm thinking of picking this up and want to join the wondrous Imperium.

Herr Corrector
Jun 7, 2004

In the long run we're all dead.

limp_cheese posted:

Is there still a large goon presence in this game? I'm thinking of picking this up and want to join the wondrous Imperium.

I'm curious, too. Signed up for mumble but didn't know what the gently caress after that. Really getting old running around alone and getting shot in the gut for my backpack.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Herr Corrector posted:

I'm curious, too. Signed up for mumble but didn't know what the gently caress after that. Really getting old running around alone and getting shot in the gut for my backpack.

Try battle royale

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Battle royal is a lot more fun than the other survival poo poo. It would also be fun to have a ground zero outbreak mode where players can get infected then go kill other players

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Herr Corrector posted:

Yeah we still play a lot on Abom, hit up Spanky for details :)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So how much regret is there centered around trying to shill this game out to people? Almost everyone has to realize by now how awful it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It's a pretty cool game

• Locked thread