Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«411 »
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

that is a lot of spreaders

one spreader can service a shitload of flowers at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, unless that modpack really messes with mana generation/capacity, those spreaders are overkill.

I guess as you have it, you're full on mana, so all those spreaders each hold a tiny bit of capacity and not just throughput, but that's like building a million resonant fluxducts when you really just need more capacitor banks.

Edit: :itisathermalexpansionanalogy:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

It has been ages since I played through Project Ozone 2. No idea if there was even a reason for that setup in the first place but at least it looked nice.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Devor posted:

Yeah, unless that modpack really messes with mana generation/capacity, those spreaders are overkill.

I guess as you have it, you're full on mana, so all those spreaders each hold a tiny bit of capacity and not just throughput, but that's like building a million resonant fluxducts when you really just need more capacitor banks.

Edit: :itisathermalexpansionanalogy:
You also need to be careful when you're running close to full storage because if the target pool has even a sliver below full all the spreaders pointed at it will fire, potentially wasting a lot of mana. For any spreader targets where you produce more than you use, it's good to put a comparator on it to turn off the spreader.

Old MC version, but ex:

e: And I guess that's not the best example since I'm mixing mods. You'd normally put the back of the comparator to the mana pool.

ImpactVector fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 20:45

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, I'm not liking that skill mod. It's pretty much a "difficulty for difficulty's sake" deal.

Seems to basically mean you need to go out grinding mobs to get anywhere, because simply reaching the resources/tech level to make something won't cut it, you need the skill to place it too. I'm sure the Scaling Mob Health mod won't hinder that in any way.

Edit: or the Infernal Mobs mod.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 20:46

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

SUCK MY DICK FROM THE BACK

FredMSloniker posted:

What's so bad about that? Just that not a lot of other mods are using that version, or...?

No terracotta. Honestly, 1.10 is a nice solid release, it's just not popular anymore and there are updated versions of the mods in Homestead with new and cool stuff, that haven't been backported to 1.10

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I thought that a basic mana spreader can only keep up with something like 8 endoflames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I thought that a basic mana spreader can only keep up with something like 8 endoflames.
It depends a lot on how close the spreader is to its target, since a spreader can only have one mana blast going at a time. A spreader directly up against its target pool will do quite a few. 10-15ish IIRC, but I've not sat down and counted.

«411 »