Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dremcon posted:

Even if you already had the pack installed, does the mod getting pulled break the pack for you? I didn’t think packs auto update, do they?

Nah the pack still works. Just presumably won't be getting any of the bugfixes for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
haha! gently caress you skeletons, zombies, and spiders!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
just having a chill time in quarantine building a house on a hill

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
My current base is in a ravine, and is not nearly as nice looking as some of these, but it's an interesting idea.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I'm trying to use Modtweaker to add back in the thermal dynamic's powders made by the fluid transposer. I don't know why it was taken out of the modpack I'm using.

I'm not sure why adding this to a .zs file in the Scripts folder doesn't work.

//Fluid Transposer
//InputRF, InputStack, OutputStack, InputFluid
//blizz powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <minecraft:snowball>, <thermalfoundation:material:2049>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);
//blaze powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <minecraft:glowstone_dust>, <minecraft:blaze_powder>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);
//basalz powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <thermalfoundation:material:770>, <thermalfoundation:material:2053>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);
//blitz powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <minecraft:sand>, <thermalfoundation:material:2051>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Ak Gara posted:

I'm trying to use Modtweaker to add back in the thermal dynamic's powders made by the fluid transposer. I don't know why it was taken out of the modpack I'm using.

I'm not sure why adding this to a .zs file in the Scripts folder doesn't work.

//Fluid Transposer
//InputRF, InputStack, OutputStack, InputFluid
//blizz powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <minecraft:snowball>, <thermalfoundation:material:2049>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);
//blaze powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <minecraft:glowstone_dust>, <minecraft:blaze_powder>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);
//basalz powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <thermalfoundation:material:770>, <thermalfoundation:material:2053>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);
//blitz powder
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(4000, <minecraft:sand>, <thermalfoundation:material:2051>, <liquid:redstone> * 200);

What error do you get with this code, if any?

Also, check that there aren't other crafttweaker scripts that are removing the recipes you're adding.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

No error, just doesn't seem to do anything.

[edit]
Using /mt hand tells me the correct name of an item, maybe I should change "mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer" to "mods.thermalexpansion:machine:8"

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 23, 2020

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
What's a good way to store exp in Sevtech? I made an XP Drain Singularity Tank but it won't connect to other tanks and fills up fairly quickly so I have to keep shuffling around tanks and moving fluid.
Also when it drains my exp so I go down a level, it starts the next xp bar at like 75%, is it wasting exp? edit: probably not, seems like a display bug.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 27, 2020

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

McFrugal posted:

What's a good way to store exp in Sevtech? I made an XP Drain Singularity Tank but it won't connect to other tanks and fills up fairly quickly so I have to keep shuffling around tanks and moving fluid.
Also when it drains my exp so I go down a level, it starts the next xp bar at like 75%, is it wasting exp? edit: probably not, seems like a display bug.

If you have a drain tank you should also have the fluid hopper which should connect to it fine. Then if you check through the various fluid storages there's one that is pretty cheap and can store up to hundreds of thousands of buckets worth.

E: Inductive Logistics Fluid Tanks starting in Age 4 for the big tanks. Before that iirc there should be some of those multiblock tanks you could try.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

D34THROW posted:

Why is this modding community so loving godawful?
I mean, a single player account was banned from the mod. I'm curious why that was, but it's also not a huge deal and shouldn't have gotten the mod nuked. They should have said "remove that code" or blacklisted versions with it before taking action.

Calling it "malicious code" is kind of a joke.

edit: Apparently they nuked the mod for adding that code, the user removed the code and reuploaded it, and then they nuked all of his mods even though they didn't have anything malicious.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 27, 2020

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Khorne posted:

I mean, a single player account was banned from the mod. I'm curious why that was, but it's also not a huge deal and shouldn't have gotten the mod nuked. They should have said "remove that code" or blacklisted versions with it before taking action.

Calling it "malicious code" is kind of a joke.

The player criticized another mod by the modder (Lod Craft) and the modder proceeded to add code that would kick that specific player from any server that had PlusTIC installed.

It's not technically malicious, but it is hostile and hearkens back to the days of nuclear bees. It's also kind of unethical imo.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

dragonshardz posted:

It's not technically malicious, but it is hostile and hearkens back to the days of nuclear bees. It's also kind of unethical imo.
or the tic vs gregtech war, where both intentionally put walls of text in to harass players if the mod detected the other, tic's buggy code resulted in tons of dupes with autosmelt+fortune but tic blamed it on greg, tic deliberately overwrote gregtech-specific recipes with no config option even though gregtech had a config option to disable the recipe to begin with, and greg added code that would wait until a bit after the server was running, check recipes, and shutdown if his recipes were changed to not match how gregtech was configured. mdiyo stepped down in 2014 and there has been no real tic drama since, and of course greg kinda stopped making his mod.

I know there's a love-hate with gregtech in this thread, in the olden days lots of hate but now some love mixed in too, but that was a real ridiculous feud where both sides were tedious even if one side was technically right.

The ftb vs mekanism war was childish too, but it was more of a cold war where ftb just outright refused to use mekanism which was an immensely popular mod made by a literal child who is now not a child. I think FTB started including mekanism in some packs a few years ago.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 27, 2020

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I don't know about gregtech specifically, but Gregtech New Horizons is still an amazing mod pack (and still in active development) and one which I highly recommend for anyone looking for a crazy 1.7.10 tech progression complex recipes pack.

I still sometimes wish I'd hosted a goon server for it. Not too late, I suppose, but there's the :effort: and ADHD factors which means I'd probably never do so.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ambaire posted:

I don't know about gregtech specifically, but Gregtech New Horizons is still an amazing mod pack (and still in active development) and one which I highly recommend for anyone looking for a crazy 1.7.10 tech progression complex recipes pack.

I still sometimes wish I'd hosted a goon server for it. Not too late, I suppose, but there's the :effort: and ADHD factors which means I'd probably never do so.

Could you even have more than one person playing that before the server melted into an impure lump of iron?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Khorne posted:

or the tic vs gregtech war, where both intentionally put walls of text in to harass players if the mod detected the other, tic's buggy code resulted in tons of dupes with autosmelt+fortune but tic blamed it on greg, tic deliberately overwrote gregtech-specific recipes with no config option even though gregtech had a config option to disable the recipe to begin with, and greg added code that would wait until a bit after the server was running, check recipes, and shutdown if his recipes were changed to not match how gregtech was configured. mdiyo stepped down in 2014 and there has been no real tic drama since, and of course greg kinda stopped making his mod.

I know there's a love-hate with gregtech in this thread, in the olden days lots of hate but now some love mixed in too, but that was a real ridiculous feud where both sides were tedious even if one side was technically right.

The ftb vs mekanism war was childish too, but it was more of a cold war where ftb just outright refused to use mekanism which was an immensely popular mod made by a literal child who is now not a child. I think FTB started including mekanism in some packs a few years ago.

GregTech is loving atrocious balance-by-tedium bullshit. I have never understood how or why so many people sucked Greg off about HIS VISION when said vision focused on making things "realistically" tedious.

I don't play video games to sit in a hole sharpening a stick for ten minutes at a time.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Gregtech has a lot of tedium by itself, sure, (mostly in the pre-electric age) but GT:NH and some other GT packs (Omnifactory comes to mind, but your mileage may vary on that one) that work with the recipes, integrate other mods, and expand utility can make it pretty fun as a central pillar to work with. The GT community edition also fixes a lot of problems with balance and execution, like to the tune of not having four hundred different kinds of machines for shaping metal in a marginally different way.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

GTNH is the best minecraft modpack, bar none. There's nothing else out there with such well-integrated mod recipes and such effort put into the progression and guiding the player through it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I just wish it didn't have so much jank from its version. More on the game than the mods at that point.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

shame it's got gregtech in it

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Definitely agree, but I'll note the gtnh team is still doing qol stuff which is nice. They updated the quest book this winter and it looks great

e- i agree with vib rib. i have brain worms and don't mind the gregtech micro crafting nonsense

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I guess Gregtech: New Horizons 2 came out ages ago. Given that nobody talks about it I have to imagine it didn't live up to the first.
E: Nevermind after not being able to find a link it became apparent the various announcements were talking about a version announcement to the original (only) version of GT:NH.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 28, 2020

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Not sure if I should ask here or in the main thread, but this feels like the best option - Bukkit plugins are entirely server-side, right? No need for a client to have anything other than the standard Java MC client? I'm throwing together something for some friends but really want some QoL stuff that appears to be implemented as Bukkit plugins, but I don't think some of my friends are smart enough to install mods/use the Twitch client/etc.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Not sure if I should ask here or in the main thread, but this feels like the best option - Bukkit plugins are entirely server-side, right? No need for a client to have anything other than the standard Java MC client? I'm throwing together something for some friends but really want some QoL stuff that appears to be implemented as Bukkit plugins, but I don't think some of my friends are smart enough to install mods/use the Twitch client/etc.

You might want to get smarter friends. The Twitch client is extremely easy to use.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah, it's designed for twitch fans, it has to be

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Even a 10 year old figured out the twitch launcher

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Epsilon Plus posted:

Bukkit plugins are entirely serverside, yes.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I've tried Engineer's Life because I'm interested in a progress modpack about engineering. First thing is I need to create a mesh out of plant fiber, which I did. Then create flint by using the mesh with gravel, but all the gravel drops is a pile of gravel. After googling I realized I need to harvest gravel with a shovel. That is cool, but every wood log just drops bark and sawdust when I punch it. Huh? Guess I'm missing something, maybe there's a third way of creating shovels although I couldn't find one. Maybe try Sevtech Through the Ages instead.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

mike12345 posted:

I've tried Engineer's Life because I'm interested in a progress modpack about engineering. First thing is I need to create a mesh out of plant fiber, which I did. Then create flint by using the mesh with gravel, but all the gravel drops is a pile of gravel. After googling I realized I need to harvest gravel with a shovel. That is cool, but every wood log just drops bark and sawdust when I punch it. Huh? Guess I'm missing something, maybe there's a third way of creating shovels although I couldn't find one. Maybe try Sevtech Through the Ages instead.

It has been a while, but I think you just combine four pieces of the “gravel” you get into a proper piece of normal gravel.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Maguoob posted:

It has been a while, but I think you just combine four pieces of the “gravel” you get into a proper piece of normal gravel.

You are right. Hmm weird well it works now. On to the next step I can't figure out.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Now that I've got a computer that can run modded MC well, what are some of the hot modpacks lately? I like kitchen sink packs like Direwolf20, MC Eternal, and FTB Revelation. I'd also like to try out some 1.15 stuff if there's any good packs for it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Well any version of DW20s modpacks are good.
My latest game has been 1.15.2 Valhelsia 2.
It has a decent selection of mods. Though not all mods have been brought up to 1.15, still good though.

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/valhelsia-2

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Does anyone know the name of the mod that lets you craft different things that have the same recipe? Like therm-ex iron gears and advanced generators iron frames both have the same crafting recipe, and MC eternal has a mod that lets you choose which item you want to craft

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

SugarAddict posted:

Does anyone know the name of the mod that lets you craft different things that have the same recipe? Like therm-ex iron gears and advanced generators iron frames both have the same crafting recipe, and MC eternal has a mod that lets you choose which item you want to craft
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/stimmedcow-nomorerecipeconflict

This should be it, but whenever I use it, it resets to the first one every time I craft so I have to re-select the alternate recipe every time. Bit of a pain.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Here's a good video of the immersive portals mod in 1.15.2 for seemless nether portals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWoSNNGs72c

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
portals are great but holy poo poo the dimention stacking. hopefully someone makes a fun dimension or two to stack between overworld and nether, to give some real fun dig too deep vibes.

also, anyone tried if to route minecarts through those portals? having a high speed rail network via portal distance hopping would own

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Sadly the only new dimension I know of in 1.15 is the Midnight which could be good but is kinda bland.
It needs a shtick or something. As far as I know there is nowhere to go in it. Needs a dungeon or special ores.
It does have those monsters that come out at night and drag you off into their dimension which is both irritating AND horrifying the first time it happens.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

portals are great but holy poo poo the dimention stacking. hopefully someone makes a fun dimension or two to stack between overworld and nether, to give some real fun dig too deep vibes.

This would be absolutely amazing if it could be done in a way that doesn't kill performance. I would love to see 4-5 layers deep. Its one of the features where Terraria really beats out minecraft.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
terraria was exactly what i was thinking about. and yeah, i doubt more than 3-4 stack is gonna be workable due to performance/ram issues even on half decent pcs. unless they still don't interact with eachother in any way, then it should work fine, the average pc can easily run 5+ dimensions these days as long as there's no interaction between them. just don't render them unless you're actually near enough to see them on the client and it should(tm) be fine.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Final dimension should be Limbo from dimensional doors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Having an abundance of time and I decided to play SevTech from scratch again and it really highlights how having a little bit of knowledge about a mod makes things way easier than obviously intended. As I fly around in Age 2 because Astral Sorcery's Mantle of Stars isn't gated with any ingredients beyond Age 2.

Though my response to doing The Betweenlands is to say gently caress it and just cheat in the gems I need for tinkerer's stuff. It honestly feels like most major modpacks add mods with dimensions just for the sake of having extra dimensions and that is about it. It probably doesn't help that most dimensions (and planets) aren't really engaging themselves and modpacks, at best, just go ok you need bleargablog ingots from terraultradumboland to make the next thing.

It feels like you could remove all the mods that add extra dimensions and I'm not sure if anyone would even miss them. I know many people absolutely hated Abyssalcraft in SevTech and you barely even have to touch the overall mod and I'd rather deal with Abyssalcraft than The Betweenlands and its associated dimension which is required for progression. Even with creative flight that somehow went unnoticed when the pack was still being updated, the Betweenlands isn't fun.

To not make this an entire post around how Darkosto shouldn't have added some mods I'll talk about somethings I do like about SevTech.

I do like the concept of various "ages" in the pack and with it using the achievement system to track progress instead of yet another bog standard quest book that is poorly organized. I also like how it uses staging to hide recipes you can't even make yet. I like Astral Sorcery and by exertion I'm a big fan of the huge gently caress off Geolosys veins that also include 12 million rock crystals. I do wish a mod made for Immersive Engineering's Core Sample Drill (and Journey Map) was in (and worked with Antique Atlas), because it automagically marks on the map what ore is in each chunk when you collect the sample.