Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Serifina posted:

Normally, yes, but it's also possible to get around the bee requirement by using butterflies.

Butterflies are, in fact, better at it than Bees. Capture a couple of butterflies in an enclosed space you intend to breed trees in. Get the trees you need to crossbreed, plant them, and sit back to wait. The butterflies will breed with each other, increasing the number of butterflies drastically, and every surface block of the tree will get crossbred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Taffer posted:

Imagine bees but worse

Bees at very least you reach a point where you can just throw industry and redstone flux at the problem and FORCE a solution. But I can see ways it could be worse.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

plape tickler posted:

I'd like to try out windows 10, but I want to be able to run minecraft mods still. I'm currently using an old version of java on windows 8.1 to be able to run the mods my nephews like to play. 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 mods. Am I missing something or am I stuck using old software to run minecraft mods?

I use WIndows 10 and don't have any particular problems, but I play Minecraft on a standard PC that doesn't use integrated graphics.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The pure, blood curdling rage is going to be glorious.

I noticed that this was the 'Get Rekt' edition, is there a less asinine version?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
OMP Sigma, for the record, isn't so much a quest book mod as it is a fantasy mod survival pack.

Where everything is trying to kill you.

Everything.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
OMP Sigma is what I consider the extreme limit of unfair and best suited for a group assaulting the horrible things the pack can throw at you. Worse than that and I really start having problems trying to figure out why you would do things like that to yourself.

I still have memories of testing what became OMP Sigma, and we were greeted at spawn by a Ninja Creeper who could blind you.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

RaspberryCommie posted:

Too bad that's 1.9 only apparently.

Not really a downside. Gotta get stuff updated to 1.9 sooner or later.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Black Pants posted:

I thought 1.8 and 1.9 lacked a working RF framework, how does RFTools work on them?

Also last I heard there were only magic stuff made for 1.8, when did RFTools join that? :psyduck:

Deep Resonance has a power generation system, and is by the same maker as RFTools.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
So I've been playing around a bit with mods for 1.8.9 and I gotta say the PSI mod is pretty neat.

Wonderfully easy to kill yourself in silly ways by making your brain pop out the top of your head or transmuting your face into TNT, but very very neat.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
TE's been stuck in 1.7.10 so long that people are making TE alternatives now...

NeoTech's been an interesting thing to play around with.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Black Pants posted:

Considering how RFTools work, ore processing would definitely be some wacky over-complicated process. Like it teleports your ore to a dimension and then forces it back through the fabric of reality splitting it into multiples in the process.

Considering how RFTools power generation works, this isn't that far fetched.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Falcon2001 posted:

Ah, fair enough. What's the status of 1.9 modding so far? Anything big?

Edit:

Welp, that's cool. I'll have to check that out.

A hugely revamped Mekanism is apparently on the way with custom object models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
So, I seem to have missed it, but it looks like another preview came out for Mekanism v9. And it looks like it basically mugged Big Reactors, Railcraft and Thermal Expansion for all their stuff.