Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

This is literally Factorio in a nutshell, I had played it years before ever touching modded Minecraft, and the similarity between the two is pretty striking, to the point where I'm almost positive the developer took inspiration from modded Minecraft. It's got a much better balanced system of progression though since it's not a mushmash of mods developed by different people. It's pretty much all about building small amounts of automation to build parts that can be used to create machines to make more automation to build parts for even bigger, more efficient, and more complex machines. It's definitely become its own thing but I honestly think modpacks could benefit from taking some inspiration from it in turn. Though factorio has the benefit of allowing you to scale up to truly massive sizes since it doesn't have to worry about minecraft's terrible engine.

I feel like that's what they were going for with FTB Infinity Evolved's Expert mode. It's a shame they ALSO decided to make a lot of recipes needlessly grindy, like grout only giving one piece per craft instead of two, or two sticks per craft instead of four.

I do like how you need to make a couple Forestry machines to get the components you need for MFR, which can get you the components you need for some IC2 machines, which get you pieces you need for EnderIO, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Bhodi posted:

I like 2x2 drawers; anything that requires more than 4 stacks of something I put in it's own barrel. That room plus a bunch of super crafting frames on slaves to pull from them are the best thing. I looked into making a storage drawer-aware crafting table, and it's totally possible and doable with the public api.

Something else people might not be aware of - you can store essentia jars in the drawers! It works!

EnderIO has something for that now, the Inventory Panel. Still a bit buggy but it's pretty sweet.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Oh grand. I'll release BFSR 2.0 in a few months and find out everybody's playing 1.8 now.

Nah, a lot of the 1.6 packs were still going fairly strong even as the noteworthy 1.7 packs came out and got popular. There's a decent period of overlap.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

EricFate posted:

Yep. After the first one, you learn very quickly to never summon one anywhere near anything you care about.

And in this case "anywhere near" is a thousand blocks. Apparently the demon city can go about that far in any direction.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Infinity Evolved is a kitchen sink pack with a bunch of tech and magic mods. The pack has an optional expert mode that makes things extra grindy and progression based, but I don't recommend it if you're just getting back into modded.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

OgNar posted:

I am getting sick of having 6 different kinds of copper. Is there a way to make it all ores generate with a specific mod ie Forestery? I tried converters and thats also just an unnecessary step.

Not sure what pack you're playing, but Storage Drawers automatically oredict to whatever is currently in them. If you load Tinker's copper in a drawer and pipe in copper from a different mod it'll automatically convert it assuming the oredict is setup correctly, which is usually the case.

I tend to store all the smelted ores in Compacting Drawers and use storage buses to link them to my AE system for this exact reason. Well, and to avoid having to create patterns/crafting steps for nuggets or blocks.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

I can't figure out how to get Refined Storage auto crafting to work. I have a crafter pointing into the top of a furnace, with a pattern I encoded in the Processing Pattern Encoder. I have an importer on the bottom of the furnace to pull out the results, and and exporter in the back inserting coal blocks. When I request a craft of glass (or anything) the job shows up in the Crafting Monitor with "No Machine Found".

I was able to get auto crafting working fine with solderers, but the furnace just refuses to work. I've also tried Alloy Smelters and vanilla furnaces. Anyone have any ideas?

Side view.

Pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

You need a Processing recipe from the Processing Pattern terminal. Anything g that can't be created in a crafting grid has to be made in a Processing terminal.

I checked that, the pattern for Sand -> Glass was done in the Processing Pattern Encoder, the same as the patterns that work just fine for the solderers. I've tried with and without oredict enabled.

[Edit: Figured it out, I had a duplicate copy of the Processing Pattern in a normal crafting frame. Noticed I could still craft glass when I removed the pattern from the crafter I was working on. Taking the duplicate out fixed it.]

TriggerHappy fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 11, 2017