Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

I am thinking of renting a server for a month or two to play Blightfall. The server I am playing on at the moment is more frustrating than anything, and I would be better off playing solo. If anyone is interested just let me know. Two or three goons and I will definitely rent one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

Be advised that one of the swamp islands has a tainted node beneath it and you'll probably want to deal with it if you're looking to make a home. That island is really perfect for establishing a base, though. The perfect middle ground between two big to cleanse quickly and too small to spread out.

I like starting at Alpha because it is much easier to get to the swamp, and I would guess is the reason Alpha is listed as an easier start than some of the other bases.

goodness posted:

I would be down to start this weekend or whenever after that.

Cool. I'll be setting it up in the next day or two.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

frenzy posted:

If you've watched the rise and fall of technic and curseforge (aka curse aka twitch launcher) then it's actually really interesting how the feedthebeast guys kind of saw the future of modded minecraft and built a platform that usurped the technic launcher as king of pack distribution. slowpoke101 talks a lot about it in this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIa_LxMdNnQ

Ugh...Slowpoke. Probably the slimiest of the Anti-Technic crowd.

It is great the whole modpack thing has finally evolved to something more sane though.

Serifina posted:

They do need to get off their asses and get Linux support done. It's ridiculous it's taking them so long.

Yeah, that is a shame.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

KingLemming posted:

Just gonna drop this off here, for people who don't really follow the site:
http://teamcofh.com/posts/2017/10/26/what-if/

I'm trying to do one of these a week now, so if you're curious what is actually coming to TE once I get the artwork finished, go to the main page and read a couple of posts back. :)

"People keep asking for a Quarry / Pump, and while it’s something we wish to implement, it probably won’t be in an existing mod, simply to avoid cluttering things up. Possibly look for a “Thermal Excavation” in the future. I also like the idea of some multiblock implementations of these."

I just started playing again after a couple of years off. Loaded up some 1.12 pack, and I am really missing the Buildcraft quarry. Not so much the single block aspect of it, but once it was up and running with the frame and gantry was nice. It had the mesmerizing effect of windows defrag, and occasionally a mob would fall in and you could see how long it would last before it got zapped by the drill head. Something leaning in that direction I would definitely appreciate. The two others I have found so far (rftools and immersive engineering) are either uninspiring or just over the top. A happy medium with some aesthetics is sorely missing as far as I have seen.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

And that's the problem, actually. Like, it's a fundamental problem with MC modding. All these mods are like "oh, we eventually make things easier and faster to get!" but they don't provide you with anything to actually do with those resources. ...

Lego. You can buy the kits, but ultimately what you do with the pieces is up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

I have run into an annoying problem. MC: 1.10.1, Forge: 12.18.3.2511, Better Questing: 2.3.234. The quest list keeps resetting, and I can never reach the bottom few quest categories. It wasn't doing this for about a week of using this modpack, and started just a couple of days ago. Tried a couple of different width/height combos in the settings and that didn't help. Any other suggestions?