Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

what's wrong with tinker's construct :confused:

Not a fan of bubblegum pink tools I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Much as I'm looking forward to the Modderation: FYAD server I'm wondering if there'll be any 'easy' regen sources for the early Blood Magic self-bleeding game. Fallen Kanades from Botania are so good for that task :v:

I can't think of any super-early-game. No Botania, due to the no overlap. No healing from Ars Magica either. You could possibly get a ProjectE healing gem and pedestal if you force energy collecting.

Edit: VVVV
I always forget about vanilla potions.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 19, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So we just discovered today that Redstone Arsenal has a slight bug. This bug being that Fluid Transposers cannot accept diamonds in order to turn them into Flux Crystals.

Flux Crystals that are ingredients for MAKING THE THINGS THE MOD ADDS. :argh:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

Man, Blightfall reminds me of how much I want to love Thaumcraft, and how much I hate certain aspects of that. And I mean Aspects both literally and figuratively.

I just want a magictech mod where I have glowing magic lasers from a few stabilized tears in reality feeding my gear and ore processing and harvesting equipment. Which I get with Thaumcraft, but I also get so much more cruft.

I'd -love- magitech. Thaumic Energistics already made me :aaa: but I'd love what you described. Magical generators, magical RF cables, void shenanigans!

Also, my undying love for the EnderIO wireless charger (and liking my setups to be Pretty) makes me wish there could be localised wireless power sources for machines. :negative:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mindblast posted:

Haven't touched minecraft in while and blightfall looks cool. Is it a decent place to learn thaumcraft or am i better off loading thaumcraft on its own in vanilla mc for that?

Yeeeah, Blightfall is very much for challenging yourself about making do with as little as possible in a hostile environment, not much of a place for learning the ropes from scratch I think.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Autocrafting -used- to be handled by just a big multiblock in AE1, but it's made into seperate machines now. I can write a post about how to AE2 autocrafting works in general, but I don't know how to make it apply to Blightfall specifically. Since I'm in love with this part of AE2 I guess I'll do it anyway. Note this doesn't include some of the fancier tricks, it's more of a basic guide. This also assumes basic knowledge of dealing with cables and channels and such. Because, I mean, Rocko Bonaparte's post.

So, AE2 Autocrafting!

In AE2 there are three primary components that are involved in autocrafting: Molecular Assemblers, ME Interfaces, and Crafting CPUs. The CPUs -are- multiblocks, but it's not the big monolith from AE1. Also necessary for the process is the ME Pattern Terminal, and incredibly useful to the process is the ME Interface Terminal.

The Crafting CPU

A Crafting CPU is what is going to be handling organizing the crafting jobs (and their subjobs). These take a single channel regardless of size, but the minimum they can be is 2x2x1, and it -must- be a rectangular prism (or cube). The size you make it determines its capabilities. First of all, there must be at least one Crafting Storage block as part of it, these are made by combining a Crafting Unit with a ME Storage Component of any size. The rest of the multiblock can be made with any combination of Crafting Storage, Crafting Unit, Crafting Co-Processing Unit, and Crafting Monitor.

The most crucial part to its capabilities is the Crafting Storage. When you ask your ME system to craft for you, the crafting CPU takes those items from your storage and stores them to be processed. Thus, the Storage Component(s) you provide the CPU determine how many 'ingredients' your crafting jobs may entail. A 1k Crafting Storage block is fine for making a simple machine, but it will start to become inadequate if you start crafting things enmasse.

The other factor to your crafting capabilities is the Co-Processing Unit. But its role involves the Interfaces I'm going to be speaking of. To put it simply, the more Co-Processing Units your CPU has, the more tasks it can potentially do in parallel.

Finally, an important note: Each CPU can only be assigned one crafting job at a time regardless of its size, and will become unavailable until the job has finished (or you have canceled it. You can do that by right-clicking on the CPU itself.) Especially early game, it's better to have a couple of small CPUs than one big one.

The Molecular Assembler

These are actually dead simple, really. You put things into a Molecular Assembler, they automatically combine just like doing it on a crafting bench, then import the created item into the network. Bam. That's it. Seriously.

Their true power comes from combining them with ME Interfaces. They are the fun part.

Note that Molecular Assemblers require power and a channel each. I would also recommend looking into Acceleration Cards if you have the diamonds to spare. These can be slotted into AE2 devices such as the Assemblers to greatly speed up their workings.

The ME Interface

..is actually pretty simple too, really. Interfaces contain 9 slots for Encoded Patterns which are, essentially, "(item list) = (completed item)". When the Crafting CPU calls for an item to be made, the interface will see (completed item) is required, and push the relevant (item list) into whatever it is attached to. For example, a Molecular Assembler.

Interfaces come in two flavours: a block, or a panel. Blocks can have multiple Assemblers attached (and use them all at once if possible), while you can have up to five panel Interfaces attached to a single Assembler allowing for 5x9 Pattern slots on a single block taking up much less space. Of course, each interface will require its own cable/channel.

As I mentioned earlier, Crafting Co-Processors allow for more Interfaces to be engaged at the same time. When you start having your patterns spread across multiple Assemblers and machines, it can help speed things up.

The ME Pattern Terminal

This is.. what you're going to be staring at a LOT of the time if you get into autocrafting. The Pattern Terminal takes recipes you input onto a grid and encodes them on Blank Patterns.

(Protip: make Blank Patterns your first autocrafting recipe, always.)

The default state works just like a crafting table: you put in the recipe, and if it's a valid recipe it will show the completed item on the right. Then you click on the Encode Pattern downwards arrow button and you'll get an Encoded Pattern that shows "Crafts: ... with: ...". These then are placed into the slot of a relevant Interface, and, beep boop beep! You will be able to autocraft it.

Now, if you click on the little button on the right that looks like a crafting bench, you'll go from Crafting Pattern mode to Processing Pattern mode, and the Completed Item area changes. This is how you do more advanced autocrafting. As the name suggests, processing. For an example: place an Iron Ore in the grid on the left, and an Iron Ingot in one of the slots on the right, then encode the pattern. If you then place an interface on a Furnace and stick the pattern into it, it will automatically put iron ore into the furnace when called upon, with the expectation that it's going to get an iron ingot out the other end.

On that note...

Other Helpful Parts

For the previous example to work, it actually requires another part: an ME Import Bus. By default these just take anything from the 'inventory' of a thing they are attached to, indiscriminately. They can do more, but that's not really within the purview of this post. Suffice it to say that an Import Bus will whisk created items from the machine back into the network, closing the processing loop.

As I mentioned up at the start, there is another Terminal that you should add to your list: the Interface Terminal. As the name suggests, this uh.. interfaces with your Interfaces. It will list every Interface on the network, sorted into categories by what kind of thing they are attached to: Molecular Assemblers, Pulverizers, Furnaces and so on. Which is nifty. But its true power is that you can insert the patterns into the Interfaces from where you are making them. Each row is an Interface.

Now what?

Once you've followed these steps, anything you have a recipe for but have 0 of will have a 'Craft' line in place of an amount. Best thing is? Autocrafting something that requires something else that you also have a pattern for will craft that as well, as a subjob that is part of the main job.

So, new autocrafteers, go forth and make patterns of absolutely everything you could possibly want to have! It's fun and your life will be infinitely easier with just a bit of simple work.

Edit: Inscribers can be automated too! The way I did it was having 5(+) Inscribers. One for each of the presses, and then one more for creating the finished processors.

For each of the press inscribers, simply have an interface on the back of them with a pattern for item -> circuit, with an import bus on its left side (your right when facing it from the front).

The processor inscriber should have two export busses, one on the back, one on the bottom. The back one exporting Redstone, the bottom exporting the Silicon bases. Then an interface on top with all of the processor patterns, and finally an import bus on the left hand side again.

There might be easier ways of doing this? I don't know them though.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 19, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

also with ae2 autocrafting i found it extremely helpful to name the ME Interfaces in an anvil (or right click with a quartz knife in hand and feed it an iron ingot to make a nameplate, then use it in the inscriber to name stuff) for oddball crafting stuff

the custom name shows up in the me interface terminal

That is pretty cool.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sage Grimm posted:

To add to the AE stuff, you don't necessarily have to use an ME Import Bus to dump things into your AE network. That's there to pull things directly from an adjacent inventory. If you use an ME Interface and push items into it with something like itemducts, the Interface will accept any number of items with no bandwidth cap. This is the cheaper option.

Ah, I was not aware of this. Can you itemduct things into a panel-type interface too? I mean, on a panel-type that is attached to the side of the machine you are pulling from.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think I'm starting to cool on Blightfall. Can anyone recommend a modpack with a magic/adventure focus? Ideally I'm looking for something with Ars Magica and Thaumcraft.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702213

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I first used Morph sometime last year or so with Never Stop Toasting and I don't remember ever being morphed automatically...

Edit: oh, config changes.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 22, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Greedish posted:

What modpack should I download if I want everything but the kitchen sink in a server with my friends? I was going to try OMPi, but it seems not to have a server download at all. Am I missing something and, if not, what's an alternative modpack with lots of different mods to explore?

I haven't personally tested it but I've come across -this- piece of crazy with just about goddamn everything in it. It includes a server pack too. http://the-1710-pack.com/

Noteable exclusion: Equivalent Exchange/ProjectE

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

Don't sweat it, you can get basically all of the fun of modded minecraft without using giant, bulky modpacks. Having to have multiple worlds and having to restart more often is certainly a downer, but you can find a nice lightweight tech pack, an adventure pack, and a magic pack and have the vast majority of the content you'd want available to you. There's not much crossover between magic and tech mods, and both of them only really interact with the adventure-y mods in that they give you more tools with which to conquer the adventure, which isn't necessarily a good thing - when you hit endgame in some mod tech trees, it completely trivializes everything the rest of the packs will throw at you. Progressing through a single modpack at the pace they set instead of mashing together the easiest paths forward from a half a different mods can be very enjoyable - in some mods, mining upgrades are a huge deal but flight is trivial, in others flight is semi-impossible to get but you'll get ore doubling (and more) really early.

Always try to have Applied Energistics 2 in a mod pack you play though, I say. AE2 makes -everything- better, even without Extra Cells/Thaumic Energistics/Equivalent Energistics. Provided you don't mind mixing a bit of tech into your magic, it is the primo item storage/movement/crafting mod.

Granted, I'm sure there are people prefer to have nicely sorted chests to store things, and who want to do their magic stuff pure. But I've always found it takes a lot of the repetition out of making the things you need, leaving you the adventure of -doing- stuff.

Also, to echo mechaet's post earlier, I believe Modderation: FYAD will run with 1/2GB of RAM just fine, enough for 32bit, and has a fair selection of progression choices.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 31, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like a mod that makes boats not randomly decide to teleport you into the nearby shore/into the ocean floor/-64y.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Using block-style Interfaces with Assemblers is kinda a bad idea to be honest. You can fit 5 panel-style Interfaces around each Assembler, giving you 40 possible slots each.

The reason you'd use block-style ones is if you were crafting huge numbers of things at once and wanted the most assemblers possible doing the crafting.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 8, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Automating inscribers is pretty easy once you figure it out.

You just need 5 of them is all: one for each press, one (or more) for the end processors. The press ones just need power and an interface on the left (your left while facing the front of them) and an import bus on the right, while the presses are in them.

The one (or more) that makes the processors requires two export busses: one on the left, and one on the top or bottom. The one on the left exports Redstone, the other exports silicon bases, and then an interface with the processor recipe goes on the top or bottom. I find this ideal because the autocraft system can then make exactly as many as you need for what you need, with no waste (you will need to force the crafting of the silicon bases though). Acceleration cards in the inscribers helps a lot, too.

Edit: Charged Certus can be done the same way too, just as in Clairetic's post. Interface on one side, Import Bus set to accept charged certus on the other.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 8, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So apparently OptiFine is pure evil or broken or something like that and I shouldn't use it? But more importantly, it makes Skyblocks and other assorted things flicker horribly, so I think I should get rid of it, despite enjoying the options it gives me to control. The problem is when I don't have it installed, the font I have looks really weird for some reason.

With OptiFine, the text looks like this:

But without OptiFine it looks like this:

This text also applies to WAILA making the popup windows huge, and UI elements, etc.

Is there any way to not have that awful looking font without OptiFine, and also have things like Connected Textures/Natural Textures and so on?

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 19, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheresaJayne posted:

you could try Fastcraft, its supposed to do the same as optifine in performance if not for graphics

Already have Fastcraft in the pack, doesn't fix the font though.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So after having touched PneumaticCraft for the first time and made myself a rather fancy elevator, I have to ask.. why has nobody else in the past several years made a similar mod that runs off RF and isn't the weird mess PC is? So far when I've asked people they've just shrugged and pointed at OpenBlocks 'Elevators' as if they were a valid alternative, or the Thaumcraft floaty blocks, neither of which are actually what I'm after at all.

:negative:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
BFSR 2.0 -better- have EnderIO.

I wonder if explaining how to make/use some manner of robot would be beyond the scope of BFSR. Whether OC Drone/CC Turtle/Mekanism Robit/whatever. That's pretty advanced stuff.

Edit: Also, OpenComputers Nanomachines. :v:

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Spatial cell power requirement depends on the number of pylons used in the construction, and the power required for them needs to be stored in the same network as the spatial IO port in Dense Energy Cells (it needs to be there all at once, not in Vibrant Cap banks or whatever) but when I made a 64x32x64 cell recently, the maximum pylon efficiency required storage of.. 160 mil RF, I think?

Though you make a good point re the mod interplay. Mod blocks need to be manually allowed, by the mod maker I think? A lot of things like TE machines may not be carried over.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It sure does demand a lot of power, and it's pretty unrealistic to expect a player to encase such a volume in pylons. The big, demo reactor I set up in the tutorial dimension could power something like that very quickly, and even more so if I do something more realistic like 64x16x32, but I recall the power needs got crazy if you, say, just layed out the three axes in three lines and called it a job well done. I don't know what that number is though and whether it's realistic. I just have to get off my butt, lay it out, and guess from there. I guess if it's normally unrealistic, I can give the player a few full dense energy cells as a reward to a pre-requisite quest. I have to give the player the spatial drive too, for example.

But yeah, half the problem is figuring out what blocks are valid to beam up.

I recalled wrong, it was 360mil RF, which meant a hundred and something dense energy cells were needed (they hold 3.2m RF each) at 100% efficiency - but that was 64x32x64, so ymmv. But yeah you really need to go crazy with pylons if you're gonna play with a spatial cell, or need hundreds of tera-RF stored.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You could add Immersive Engineering and have its power generation/storage/distribution be the least expensive option.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
IE is pretty good, though we actually just found a bizarre source of significant tick usage: Arc Smelter having graphite rods in it. Like, them just being in the machine, whether it's doing anything or not. So it seems like you'll want them to be taken out when it isn't smeltering.

PS: throw as many ore blocks as you want into the crusher at once, it'll take all of them and deal with them in a queue.

Having windmill/watermill power being a good idea for earlytimes power gen rather than just throwing out a Sterling Generator or Steam Dynamo might be an idea.

PPS: IE needs specifically IE Steel for the steel blocks used by the Arc Smelter multiblock. No other steel will work.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 14, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really like conveyor belts and the power cables. Also, I kind of want to see how the Bottler compares to a Fluid Transposer.

Conveyor Belts work with other stuff that use pipes too. I have them between Mekanism machines currently, just for the fun of it.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taffer posted:

Notice, for example, how everyone abandoned modular power suits. For a little while it was in almost every pack - the armor and its capabilities were so strong and so accessible that it was too good to ignore, so everyone beelined for it first thing, but as soon as they got a complete suit it was like they were "done". Nothing else was particularly engaging after that and that's usually the point where people would stop playing. It didn't get abandoned because it stopped existing, either - MPS is on 1.7 and has been for probably a year or more. But nobody plays it because it stands out as the strongest single example of what I'm talking about.

From people I've spoken to, MPS was abandoned because Machinemuse stopped updating in like early 2014 until August last year, and now it's working again. I've never heard of a 'I made a powersuit (or jetpack, or angel ring, etc) I guess I'm done bye' situation being something that happens before.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bluemillion posted:

Yeah, I agree with the abilities thing. The challenges presented by Minecraft mobs never change, so increasing the player's power completely neutralizes the threat quickly. You should definitely disable the armor plated jetpacks, so there's a choice between protection or maneuverability. You'll be able to escape ground enemies, but skeletons will still be able to shoot at you.

I liked that mod that added Diablo-style elite mobs with various powers like they would throw you into the air or teleport or gain a shield or something. There are ways of making things more interesting/dangerous.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you take A Week to make A Big Reactor and that's too fast then I'm pretty sure you want extreme tedium.

It's like me trying to extend my fifth Morrowind playthrough by never running or using fast travel. If your enjoyment depends on drawing out things you've done multiple times before to make doing those things again take 1000% longer, maybe consider doing something different? Or don't, I guess.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 17, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mensrea posted:

A lot of the really complicated tech mods wouldn't be so bad if crafting didn't necessarily involve dragging and dropping things onto a 3x3 grid. It was a long time ago, but I remember a mod that added a crafting bench that didn't require that tedium. Basically, the mod's bench looked at what you had in your inventory and showed on a GUI all the things you could make with it. Then, all you did was click on the thing and get it, no dragging and dropping.

AE2 crafting terminal + NEI + shift-clicking on the show-recipe-in-grid (?) button, etc.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Give three forms of power generation: TNT Generators, Nether Star Generators, and the Endergenic generator thing from RFTools.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Power is generated by 'radiation' being output into coolant specifically, the better the coolant the more radiation is captured rather than being turned into heat. But like Taffer said it only works horizontally so the fewer fuel rods on the same Y level the less internal heat and thus lower fuel consumption vs output.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Okay, so, Tinkers Construct touts itself as a mod that lets you keep using the same tool instead of replacing it like you have to do with vanilla tools. In that case, can someone tell me why, WHY, there are diminishing returns when repairing tools?

Because eventually you should put moss or flux on it I guess.

Meskhenet posted:

OMG ><

i spent about 40 minutes hunting blizz for the rods as the rec to make the dust only uses that.

And i then spent a few hours building an enderman farm to farm ender pearls for the liquid....... which of course ran my energy system completely dry.

The i had to figure out why it wasnt turning multiblock. Seems the diamond block wasnt allowed in the core.

So now it's time to turn it on.

Ok its way too much power lol.

Do i raise the rods to lower power gen and stuff?

and how do i set my rednet ports?

Putting snowballs into a Fluid Tranposer with liquid Redstone in it is how you are supposed to get Blizz Powder. Unless that is disabled by the modpack, hunting Blizzes is silly.

You 'insert' the rods to lower generation, and you set rednet ports by placing two of them as part of the multiblock, then right clicking one and selecting the rod insertion button, and then going into the other and selecting the battery level one, then place a rednet cable between them.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 19, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Moss is either entirely disabled in NH, or is a Thaumcraft recipe which I can't see right now. The Flux upgrade appears to be entirely disabled. I sure hope moss is a Thaumcraft recipe, because otherwise, you just have to hope you randomly get it via Iquanatweaks. My hatchet has sadly not gained moss randomly. I'm extremely thankful that my pickaxe did.

Well then, 'Because GT' is the answer to your previous question. http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Ball_of_Moss is what I was talking about, by the way.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Replace all steel requirements with Terrasteel. Boom, fixed.

And change Terrasteel to require actual steel.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 19, 2016

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you link the fluid input/output of the reactor to those of the turbine, it'll recycle enough water forever with no loss too.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

Pff, i learnt to live with the passives decay, just meant you had to rush endoflames or find an overgrowth seed.

Which, I mean, is what you're expressly supposed to do. Passives are baby generation, living off them is silly. It's not like it's difficult to make new flowers now that the mana petals were changed to mana dust either.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So guys, I know about closing the water/steam loop and just pumping in water, but I am trying to be more precise in a BFSR turbine guide so I do not perpetuate some cargo cult stuff. Like, for a small reactor, it may be quicker to start filling up tanks from an aqueous accumulator while building the turbine than making a pile of accumulators to try to do it.

I guess, but it's only four buckets.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Alternatively, cast out BR for AdvGen.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Actually, I want to bring up the suggestion I made earlier again. Have you considered using Advanced Generators -instead- of Big Reactors, Taffer? It's not as binary a power solution as BR, and if you gate the materials involved someone can slowly upgrade it over a rather long time to suit their resources and needs. It's also fairly fuel-hungry when you start making it bigger and better, so there's an additional gate. As things sound now, it seems like the progression is IE water/windmill -> BR, which seems kinda lame. But going from IE basic generation to a baby's first one-turbine AdvGen is a more fluid progression.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo Fastcraft is some kind of magical mod. I started playing a HQM pack earlier and was at like .5 FPS and couldn't figure out why I had such terrible performance no matter what settings I changed. Then I realised it didn't have Fastcraft, which I haven't played without for years. Stuck it into the mod folder and then my FPS is back to being perfect. How the hell is the change it brings so dramatic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dylan16807 posted:

Is it possible you were right at the edge of how much memory you gave java?

I tried upping the memory I gave it, and I wasn't close to using available RAM.