Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
I've been debating putting together a more modern modpack that my girlfriend and I can play together. The hope is to create a modpack that my laptop can handle, while adding in more dimensions and things to explore and some machines and fun blocks to play with. Laptop has 64bit java, a dual core @ 2.4ghrz and 4 gigs of ram, it just seems to chug with a lot of stuff going on, tppi seemed to be very laggy.

So far the modpacks we've played together and enjoyed were attack of the b team and tekkit lite. Does anyone have any reccomendations of mods, or potential modpacks we could try out?

The biggest thing we both need is some kind of flight. Walking is for chumps. Extra dimensions is always fun to play with, been eyeballing that one FTB pack all about dimensions but I doubt the laptop could handle that shenanagins.

If I put a mod pack together, I would also need to learn how to put a server together with some ease of use plugins. I assume youtube would be my best answer there.

GotDonuts fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
I'm looking to try out Botania but am unsure what modpack to roll with. Anyone have any suggestions?

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
I have been trying to run a small Baby's First Space Race for my wife and I to play on, but I am running into problems.

I downloaded and unpacked, then lauched the server launch bat to open the server. After a few minutes everything seems to be working fine like my other servers I have used in the past but once the world loads the server starts having issues...

"Cant Keep Up! Did the system time change or is the system overloaded?" and the server will not allow minecraft to actually connect to the client. Is there something I didn't configure and am doing wrong?

EDIT: Finally got it connected but it is only showing a large square area and other areas are not loading... it is still displaying that error message too.

GotDonuts fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 7, 2015

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh

taiyoko posted:

That's a resources problem, either not enough RAM or just not enough CPU power to keep up, I'm not entirely sure which. Unless being able to play time-independently is important, there's always the old standby of the world being on one person's computer and just opening to LAN...I'm using this with Hamachi to play BFSR with my long-distance boyfriend and it's been working fine for us aside from him getting kicked when I tried going to the Nether without him.

Wow, that cleared up the issue perfectly. Thank you so much! There went our evening...

GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
My wife and I are looking for a pack to make pretty things in, also tech is a must because she loves the ore doubling (or more with mek and other mods) and different forms of flight beyond extra utils. But pretty things are the must, seems like a lot of packs we play focus on chisel n bits which does allow for some awesome things but also has the result of potentially slowing her crap pc to a crawl in areas that I go too crazy with many blocks. We both miss architecturecraft and carpenters blocks but both of those seem to not be updated to 1.12 Any suggestions on what we could play to get our lego on proper.