Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Khorne posted:

For inscribers:

Set one up for each press, dump materials in the chest, have each conduit properly routed for each component. It will pull them from the chest and autocraft them. And at the end you can return them to the same chest or put them in a different chest if you want.

The 5th inscriber the bottom is the silicon, the middle is redstone, and the top is all of the unfinished processor components.

I use acceleration cards in them, but that comes later.

For crystal growth:

Use something that drops the item in, I used an open crate from botania.

On the bottom use a transfer node with a world interaction upgrade and an item filter with the finished components.

For channels:

Channels are actually fun and awesome. Disabling them seems pretty silly unless you really hate learning them or building cool networks/grids that require a little thought. It gives you an excuse to use all the colored cables too.

Nonsanity has a good channel video on youtube here. It doesn't spell out the practical applications for you, but at the end of the video and with a little tinkering yourself you should have a great grip on channels and why they are fun and cool. Sub networks are also really powerful for things like DSUs or storage bus arrays. You can put endless things on a single channel on your main network if you set it up properly.

I saw a six accelerator crystal growth setup that used a TE translocation plate to move seeds into the water and a Botania hopperhock to pull crystals out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Thyrork posted:

Okay, crafting golems is now loving awesome. It does have more steps involved, but still. :magical:

Between this and the research change, I might end up not hating Thaumcraft anymore.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Taffer posted:

I'm messing with IE for the first time. God I love multiblocks. Also it seems like it's going to be an effective way to gate other mods, specifically tech ones, without being too much of an annoying road block. It seems like a very Good Mod. Hopefully it's not too laggy.

I'm testing the idea of leaving out Tcon too, I haven't played without it for years but I'm actually enjoying using the various alternative mods and tools they provide, because Tcon always eclipses everything except the most late-game tools.

Yeah, I really liked the Redstone Arsenal bow enchanted with infinity, but the Pink Slime AK-47s everyone was packing just defeated the point.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Cryohazard posted:

The problems with TiCon are the TE alloys (signalum, lumium, enderium) and the crossbow being ridiculous. If you can gently caress those right out the mod it'd be fine.

Actually, yeah, crossbows are the big problem here. Other than that, TiCon is a fun mod with some neat mechanics, like smelteries, and the individual parts that tools are made of. Or putting 90 pistons on a battle axe and knocking zombies into the next zip code. :black101:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Taffer posted:

I'm leaning towards no, one of the patterns I've noticed in modded minecraft is that the fun starts to fall off pretty sharply the more "abilities" you get, via armor or magic or whatever. That includes flight and high jump and fast movement and even perhaps gliding to an extent. That's not to say that I'm going to completely remove those things, because a slightly higher jump and a slightly higher movespeed and, of course, step assist are pretty important to to help round off some of the rough edges of minecraft, but it has to be pretty strongly tempered IMO.

Notice, for example, how everyone abandoned modular power suits. For a little while it was in almost every pack - the armor and its capabilities were so strong and so accessible that it was too good to ignore, so everyone beelined for it first thing, but as soon as they got a complete suit it was like they were "done". Nothing else was particularly engaging after that and that's usually the point where people would stop playing. It didn't get abandoned because it stopped existing, either - MPS is on 1.7 and has been for probably a year or more. But nobody plays it because it stands out as the strongest single example of what I'm talking about.

That said, it's possible that I will include jetpacks, but if I do I will probably only allow the first couple tiers, and stick them to the behavior of glorified gliders. They'll let you get up cliffs and build in awkward places but they won't let you zip around the world like superman, and certainly not give you creative flight (creative flight is anathema to good gameplay IMO).

One of the next things on my list to investigate and alter for the pack I'm working on is EIO armor. I love it, but I want to see how far (or even at all) I can slow and change its buildup, because by default you can go from initially crafting it to having it fully upgraded pretty darn quickly, but I'd like the buildup to be a little slower and more deliberate. But we'll see. I have a lot of testing to do in that whole area. Botania will probably be the next on the block for the same reasons.

Yeah, I agree with the abilities thing. The challenges presented by Minecraft mobs never change, so increasing the player's power completely neutralizes the threat quickly. You should definitely disable the armor plated jetpacks, so there's a choice between protection or maneuverability. You'll be able to escape ground enemies, but skeletons will still be able to shoot at you.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Big reactors is a wonderfully put together mod, but it ends up being the only endgame power worth pursuing. Maybe Taffer could severely lower the amount of yellorite ore that spawns, or nerf the output to make other generation more competitive?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Taffer posted:

Coming soon... :getin:

this is not going to be a mod i'm just gonna inject a little realism™ and tedium™ into BR

Thank you. It was way too easy to get a 3x3 reactor going for the amount of power you got out of it early on.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vib Rib posted:

It's funny, for all the more obvious and remarkable difficulties of New Horizons, including poo poo that everyone's well aware of like all the sub-recipes and increased costs and reduced yields, I think far and away the worst part is the ore generation. IE handles it well because mixed-ore veins are per-chunk and don't actually physically exist as blocks in the world, and can be both scouted and excavated by machine fairly simply. In New Horizons, you could dig for hours and find nothing, but the second you find the vein you need you're good for ages. The veins are so spread out over such a distance that there's no way you can reliably strip mine or tunnel to them, you basically just have to wander blindly for hours and hope that the next deposit you run across is one you need, and not just another magnetite vein.

The thing is I'm not sure how to fix it. You absolutely need the ridiculous sizes of ore that these veins supply in order to progress through the tech tree, but finding them is just awful. You couldn't really just increase the ore density to absurd levels and spread every ore around every chunk, because then your inventory would be full of different ore types in about 20 seconds of mining. I guess if there were a way to find veins, like a divining rod or AE's magical meteor compass, that would be okay.

Also the second dumbest thing is that mobs can explode when they die. Apparently this applies to animals too because I lost a half dozen cows and all the babies when a cow I slaughtered blew up. This happens for no reason, at random, with no warning or way of preventing it. Again, still worse than having to process an ingot three times before using it to make a door.

At least the solutions are fairly simple. Removing AngerMod was an easy choice.

You answered your own question. Strip mine the world with explosive cows! :black101:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Johnny Joestar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BeNshalPY

if nothing else it looks good

e: initial impressions aside after checking the thread for it and looking at all the pictures and the like it honestly looks pretty cool and putting up with a goofy crafting system specifically for it is pretty alright in comparison, because honestly poo poo like new horizons is rock bottom and things can only be uphill from there

Those are some very, very cool mobs.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Heffer posted:

God drat, the new RFTools elevator looks good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Auc0Wbfni4

This is something that Minecraft has needed for a very long time.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Kraven Moorhed posted:

The cardboard box is a potent tool, indeed. Picking up spawners and chests is nice, but you can also pick up nodes (at least you could last time I bothered with Thaumcraft) and place them elsewhere -- though whenever you place it, it'll roll the dice on another node type. So you can reroll nodes by boxing and unboxing over and over. Didn't end up doing it too much since I was terrified I'd end up with a hungry node.

This also works with Chromaticraft's tower turret things. Best way of getting rid of them, in my opinion.

That's why I built a hungry node resistant machine to reroll them! I think it was an autonomous activator surrounded by obsidian? I could just reroll a hungry node before it sucked anything up.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

neogeo0823 posted:

You know that block in rftools that automatically, wirelessly, keeps you fed and healed? I think it's the environmental controller? Is there any 1.10.2 mod that does that?

Pretty sure RFTools is updated to 1.10.2.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I want to put a modpack together, how do I get started?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:stonk:

why are there chance cubes on the moon

Was there ominous droning near it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU4Rk0NATNs