Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So, I didn't see it in the OP, but how about a write up of the different goon servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I kind of like certain parts of Natura. Like the different trees for the planks and doors, and in general; the redwoods, because after chopping down / harvesting one of them, I've got enough wood for a while. Flamestring is great for crossbows, and - back to the trees again - I like how the bloodwood is fire-resistant. Quite handy if you can't get anything else for a spawn room for mobs who shoot fire at you (like blazes, and I think I remember it worked on the carminite ghastlings from Twilight Forest too). And the imps are a nice source of leather if there's not many cows around and you don't have Magical Crops.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

bigperm posted:

Sweden (the country) has made a mod for more realistic geology. It's interesting at least. I do wonder it it's all oredicted.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2421442-bettergeo-more-geology-in-minecraft

I can fap to this.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Truga posted:

In OMP-i what's a black liquid you can't swim or drown in? I've found it twice now, and have no idea how to get rid of it, because you can't use a bucket on it. The only way seems to just cobblestone it in, but that's a lot of work.

vvv: Thanks!

e: It's galacticraft crude oil.

I hate it with a passion, and I've no idea how much gravel I've spent to get rid of it. It helps having the builder's wand, of course, but still.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
What's worst for servers these days? EnderIO's ender energy conduits, or Thermal Dynamics' Cryo-Stabilized Fluxduct? Thinking lag / fps / tps fuckery.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So, am I'm the weird one, then, for actively hoping to get auto-smelt on my pick? Since it stacks with fortune and saves me the hassle of smelting stuff. Silky on the hammer, of course. It's what I use most of the time anyway. Pick is for single stuff sticking out in my 3x3 tunnels.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So, exactly how do I make a head with Botania? I want to finish the Earning Respect quest - without killing the guy (which I don't think works anyway?)

Also, where is the flying city located? I feel I've been puttering around in the air all over the place, but I can't find it. I've been there once for the scouting quest, but for some reason, I did not take the drat teleporter, and now I can't find my way back. ><

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Amazing. Updated my video card drivers, and whenever I try to run anything Minecraft related; all I get is:

"RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread"

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
That reminds me; I miss Progress. Taffer, when are you setting up a new server? Just ignore Witchery this time, killing Angela's got tiresome after a while. I do miss the hat mod, though.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Or add EnderIO for the sword. :D (And every other goodie it brings)

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Light Gun Man posted:

What's the best "warp home" kinda deal in Blightfall? Preferably something that lets you warp back to where you were, too, but just back home would be already helpful.

I guess there's always the suicide express, but I don't have a reputation farm set up yet so I'd prefer to not rely on that.

Or just add in other mods. I added RFTools, for the teleporter and a charged porter. They don't use much RF, so it's quite nifty to just use an energy cell. I guess you could also do E-Mobile or Warp book or something.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So I was fooling around in the floating city, cleansng it and stuff, when I happened upon a room with some guards and weapon racks in them.
I killed the tainted people, but when I clicked on a weapon rack, this happened, and now I can't get back in the game, since it goes to black after half a second, and then crashes to desktop.

Please advice.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Clairetic posted:

Looks like you stuffed an ender pouch in the weapon rack and because ChickenBones's rendering wizardry is too great for humble Bibliocraft, the entire thing collapsed in a heap of sparkles and dust.

See if Bibliocraft has an option to turn off in-world item rendering, and report the issue to them.

Or maybe to ChickenBones if he's still around / doing stuff / etc.

That seems like something I'd do without thinking. Running around with an ender pouch in my hand, then right clicking something, is right up my alley.

Sadly, the options I tried in the cfg, didn't help. I tried disabling the B:Weaponcase, and then setting "B:DisableRenderers" from false to true, after reading the comment (# Setting this to true will disable all renderers. This will allow a world to be loaded and a problem item removed from a BiblioCraft block in case of a rendering related crash). Didn't find anything else.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Okay, I fixed my little problem with removing EnderStorage, logging in, removing the weapon rack that had my stuff, then readding EnderStorage.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Munchdew + AE's formation planes = more mana than a commoner could use, but it's pretty awesome.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
That happened to me too. Did you update to the newest version, or are you using the recommended one?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So, is there a server coming, Stealth? I need my OMP-i fix, and single player keeps crashing.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Woo! I've missed Tekkit.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
A great alternative to fooling around with chests, ducts, filters, and what not for processors, is just putting up a script like this (courtesy of Taffer).

At least it makes for easier automation, and a less cluttered work environment.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I installed legends, but it felt weird to play something without AE2 (or jetpacks), so after 30 mins of doodling around, I quit. Is this the upgraded Tekkit for 1.7.x, or is it a standalone?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

McFrugal posted:

Powersuits have jetpacks. That's what you should work towards if that's really what's missing for you.

It's not quite the same, though. And it's a bit clunky (sorry Claire) compared to a simple jetpack which takes ages to make in the start, having to get all that cryotheum, gold, redstone, and ender pearls.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Taffer posted:

ents are the best and are why i will always love witchery

people ALWAYS freak the gently caress out and it will never get old

And then you have the Angelas …

The curses were bad enough, but drat the Angelas to hell.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Rocko; if you've got EnderIO around, you can make an experience rod and just right click a drum of mob essence.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I use MFR sewers with range extenders for my xp, and just fill up bedrockium drums with 'em. Then it's just xp rod it away, whenever I need xp, and my experience obelisk is empty.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

axelsoar posted:

OMP-i Is consistently crashing on me when using that floor tablet thing from ProjectE when I try to search or change pages, which is especially crushing since the loading screen you get before the title screen is taking like 10-20 minutes.

If you minimize the loading screen, it seems to go faster.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I just make it a point not to go into the nether untill I've got some ranged and flying option. Even if that means I'll have to make a mekanism jetpack if Simply Jetpacks isn't in the pack (Mekanism always seems to be, though) and take a bow and a fat load of pillaged arrows with me (hoping that Natura is in the pack for the spiders).

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Well, there is a new OMP-i server. And then you've got Insert Coins. I spend my Minecraft time on those two.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

And also the loving chickens. Always the chickens.

God I miss progress. When will you bring it back?

I miss my chicken farm. And the mob farms. But I can see how the server would lag if they didn't die more or less immediatly.

I still think the Angelas were the worst offender on the last Progress server, though.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Khorne posted:

I personally mix it up. Sometimes I use EIO, sometimes I use TE, sometimes I use mekanism. Generally I use them all because you kinda want to do TE progression at some point, and EIO has some better outputs with certain SAG mill stuff, and alloy smelter has different recipes than some of the other mods that are sometimes more favorable to materials you've automated, and mekanism has its own little walled garden of stuff that's useful at some point.

Yeah, me too. Pulverizer for redstone and certain dense ores the SAG Mill won't touch, EnderIOs conduits (unless I have enough resources to make the energy ducts with unlimited power flow, then I mix it up), SAG mill for most stuff (as long as I CBA to use Mekanism), EnderIO glass looks better than regular glass, same with fused quartz over hardened glass.

I hook up everything, but I do prefer making the EnderIO tier 5 Jetpack over the tier 5 TE Jetpack.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

TheresaJayne posted:

Clearlag is the players worst nightmare,

Clearlag removes the following every time it runs

AE2 Seeds in the pools
Mekanism Robots
Possibly Turtles
Mobs in your carefully collected mob farm (Cows pigs chickens etc)

and I am sure it breaks other stuff as well.

And minecarts and locomotives and what have you, but our great admins edited the config file so we stuff like that don't disappear. :D

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

neogeo0823 posted:

That's probably what it is. We have LOTS of random disconnects with our server and we have no clue why. It's hosted on Akliz, and the server usually just reports that the client lost connection. It happens with everyone regardless of physical location, and sometimes seems to happen worse than others. I'm debating getting rid of the Morpheus mod anyway, since we have never ever gotten enough people to sleep in a bed to make it morning, and most people have just learned to deal with it.

You're just not on when it happens. We make mornings by sleeping together lots of times. Even with 7 people on. You see someone asking in chat if we can make it day, and people go to bed. Ez as pie.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I just had to point out how crazy this reads if the reader has zero context.

You know it, babe. ;)

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

President Ark posted:

Got the minecraft itch again. What are some good HQM-based modpacks that put you in odd/stressful world situations that aren't just "produce literally all materials yourself"-type stuff like agrarian skies/regrowth?

e: thinking something like blightfall, that one pack set in the deep dark, that sort of thing.

Well, I recently dipped my toe into Journey to the Core, after watching some hilarious YouTube videos of it. Had lots of good times running around the cave dimension while getting blasted by sniper skeletons and gattling skeletons, and trying to make myself a home so that I can continue the quests to go to the Deep Dark, the Nether, and the End.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Cryohazard posted:

Stay the gently caress away from the Chance Icosahedrons.

But I got so many. And only one has released a horde on me as of yet. And only one has blown up my base. And only one spawned a ghast on me in my new base.

Okay, I'll stay away. I was already doing that after the stuff above happened to me on my three first. Was hoping for artifacts.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Joined in on this madness, but god drat is it infuriating. Especially after I looked on what's needed for better ore processing than the smeltery.

I don't understand Greg's steam at all. Cheated in some steam boilers, a drum of water, and some ender io fluid conduits, all of a sudden, my base was gone. :( Lesson learned, I guess. Nothing non-greg connected to greg-stuff. And no cheating in advanced machinery.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
New Horizon became a tiny bit easier as soon as I cheated myself an AE system, some ender io conduits and capacitor banks.

Well, crafting all the poo poo anyway. Still can't figure out steam power.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hey, Taffer; I hope Witchery won't be in your next Progress. Curse of Insanity and having to go around with a poppet all the time is one thing; the other thing is Angela's (even though I've only seen that particular problem on Progress).

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

McFrugal posted:

What do you mean by Angela's?

e: And:

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 13, 2016

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I think you mean it's amazing. :D

Especially the signalum crossbow. No need to endure the painful melee combat. Just take everything down with your very own M249. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Rocko: Have you considered Ztones? I love flat lamps.

Taffer: I vote FOR jetpacks. Just gate them like everything else, or just leave the EIO ones in (and disable the TE ones), and then they'd already be gated, since you've gated EIO.