Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
blightfall come back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Ah, a live feed of Kakermix and his spare bodies.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Download seems to get stuck at blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip, unless that's just a really huge file.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

The blightfall save is about 160Mb please take mercy on our poor servers and chill out for a few minutes.

Now that you're here, I'll badger you with tech support questions. Will the game work OK for multiplayer if I just open a singleplayer game to LAN? Or should I use the server download?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
How does Thaumcraft work with multiplayer? Do we have to research/discover things seperately?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
The HQM book mentions that I'm supposed to get a book from making Seared Bricks, but that doesn't seem to happen. Has anyone else had that happen?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I am unsure how the POIs work. Do they just mark "hey there's poo poo here" or can I discover them permanently in some way?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is AgSkies 2 still in dev, or has it officially come out? I want to play it, but not if quests are still being added, because HQM sucks.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

HQM Packs are fun :yaycloud:

Blightfall is good, revolves around thaumcraft
Regrowth revolves around agricraft/magic crops/botania and is grindy but i like it
Agrarian Skies 2 is kinda unfinished feeling but the quintessential experience
I have not tried Banished but heard decent things

Is regrowth finished? seems cool but I hate mods updating and destroying everything

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Has Regrowth reached a state where there's a full array of quests for all the mods yet? I want to make my return

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I want to try the dumb bad gregpack, do I really need to ask that guy who makes it for permission, or is it rehosted somewhere

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Anyone else been having issues with the Twitch app since it changed layout? I can't actually download or update any modpacks anymore, I either time out, or I get a file path error when trying to install specific mods. I wish I didn't have to use this hot garbage, but apparently it's where all minecraft mods are now.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is Project Ozone 2 any good? It looks like it's the same brand of pack as Age of Engineering, and I really like that structured approach, where you gradually unlock new mods. I haven't been able to find any text guides for it like IE Expert and AoE.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Black Pants posted:

Uh, no, no it's not like AoE. In any way. There's a quest book that has you do things but there's nothing forcing you to follow it except for a completion thing (and to learn about the mods in the pack). It's just a standard skyblock pack (with non-skyblock options) but with hardmodes that require more steps to making stuff.

Ah, good to have that confirmed at least, thanks. Are there any other good packs that are gated like IE: Expert or AoE?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

thejacob posted:

It can't browse them but you can download a small .zip from the curse page for a pack and then tell multimc to use that when you create a new instance. I think this MIGHT still be something you need to toggle to the developer build for but it definitely works and is super simple. You just lose out on the apparently easy way to roll your own packs that the app features. But also you lose out on how the stupid thing cant even download a pack without timing out. Pretty good trade imo.

When I try this, I get the message "Archive does not contain instance.cfg". I tried with both the normal files and the server files.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Toadsmash posted:

I thought I was done with 1.7.10, but Divine Journey is a hell of a thing. Dunno if I have the patience for a pack that offers up one of its main selling points as "harder than PO2 Kappa Mode!" but the DivineRPG mod that's the centerpiece of the pack is a piece of work. Reminds me heavily of Craft of the Titans, albeit with a bit more polish and still being updated somewhat regularly.

What do you do in it? I've never heard of that mod.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

I so wish i could find a Rick and Morty Mod,

Meeseeks box - like a golem but with the annoying dialog

Portal gun - well much like mystcraft/rftools

spaceship you can build,

you can make a potion to cronenberg all mobs around you.

spawn mr poopy butthole

instead of endermen its the galactic federation

need i go on - We need this now!!!!!

Why.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I really like automating poo poo, and I loved Modern Skyblock up until I started metal production, but I wish there was something with progression that didn't require you to know all the mods in advance. I had the same problem in Age of Engineering once I got to Calculator and the mods piled up real fast. Should I just go back and play more factorio or is there something else?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Both MSB2 and AoE have guides. MSB2 has two -- one is available from the inventory menu (the book on the upper left corner) and there's a sky resources-specific guide available by hitting 'G'. AoE has the same inventory menu guide, and there's an excellent player-written guide that goes into even more detail. (Switch the document to view mode to erase all the graffiti.)

Oh yeah I used those (MSB2 was just fine with guides up until I start making machines), but in MSB2 I suddenly had access to a shitload of mods (Embers, TechReborn?, probably some other stuff I missed) that I know nothing about. AoE was fine for learning basic IC2 and TiCon in the first Age, but once I got to IE, AA and Calculator I felt like I didn't really know what options I had anymore.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I tried SevTech, but I had a bad start in an archipelago far from any villages (1 hour of searching without finding any). Should I just make worlds until I start relatively near a village/darklands biome? I really don't wanna plan out longer journeys without a map and with awful GUI-less chests.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
EXORIA QUESTIONS

Is there a way to make the smelting crucible heat faster, because smelting iron is a loving awful chore.
When do I get any payoff from all this sieve automation, because apart from coal dust I'm not sure I can use any of these materials.
What quests are high priority to beat? I've got a lot of paths open now, like bees, diamonds, condensing crystals and some Roots2 stuff, and I need lots of metal for all of them.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Correct. The lasers transport 100k RF/t, which is four times as much throughput as resonant fluxducts. IE redstone wire is amazing. I'm a huge vanilla redstone nerd and even I have to acknowledge their superiority.

By the end of my exoria playthrough I almost had to make a third to keep up with my power use.

Have you, by any chance, moved on to another interesting pack, bc your posts in this thread is literally how I find modpacks

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
What's baby's first power generation in Gregblock? I've got my eye on a large bronze boiler fuelled by raw oil, the steam then going into turbines, but I'm not sure if it's overkill for this stage of the game

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Whats the newest hot poo poo expert progression pack, I'm seeing people talk about something called FTB Impressions and I'd love a report on that poo poo

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Ambaire posted:

I highly recommend GTNH. There have been some QoL changes to it since I last played it a year ago, such as small ores showing what ore vein is in a chunk and ore veins spawning in 100% of possible spawns. Be prepared to spend a lot of time mining ore in the early game, and it will probably take about at least 3-4 hours of playtime just to get to the steam age. It will feel like a major accomplishment when you do, though.

Also, you can never have too many circuits, pumps and motors.

Is it possible to play GTNH without having massive chunk generation lag and a 5 second wait every time I type something into NEI?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I recently got to MV in GT:NH, and man the decision paralysis is real, there's so many options and things to do. I can tell you this though: MV Electrolyzer is a massive gamechanger.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Make an lv pump (the item not the block) and attach it to the face of a pipe touching the coke oven. Use a screw driver to switch it to input mode.

Yeah it's confusing because the pumps and conveyors have to be on the pipes because the coke ovens aren't GT blocks.
Tip to save a ton of motors: use hoppers instead of conveyors for coke ovens, they're so slow it doesn't matter.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Also, I spent a shitload of gear coins on LV circuit parts.

This is a very good idea, especially for vacuum tubes which loving suck to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Made myself a Pyrolyse Oven with a metric shitload of steel and bronze, hopefully I get to swim in benzene now forever