Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
in agrarian skies 2 what is the earliest item i can get that acts like the vacuum hopper from the first one? Is there an easier item to build then having to wait until I can create a hungry chest from Thaumcraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
does anyone have any advice or some pictures on how to build your tier 3 blood altar to get the magician's blood orb? How many runes of sacrifice/self-sacrifice would you suggest surrounding it? It's a bit frustrating they made it you can't get to the good runes until you've built that orb first which requires 25k LP when the altar can only hold 10k :argh:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Agrarian skies 2 is fun but it suffers a lot from a lack of quest direction and the extremely idiotic decision of making passive mobs attack you. You can't even get the quests for any of the AE2 machines until you build a Retriever, which requires some of the rarest ingredients to get in the early game (ender pearls, platinum). The Thaumcraft section is a complete clusterfuck of quests and doesn't really explain how to do anything to new players.

The curse launcher honestly isn't that bad though. The ease in which you can download texture packs with it is fantastic.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Once I clear an area of taint on the surface would having a huge square of wood slabs around it prevent fibrous taint from spreading back into the area, or do I need to keep ethereal blooms there?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Ariong posted:

Welp, for some reason after my latest excursion I came back to Alpha base to find that a few of my cows had turned into Tainted Cows and killed the rest. Why did this happen, and how can I stop it? These cows have been living here just fine for the longest time.

You probably had some of the tainted land creep in from either the tunnel or the outside area, or a tainted cow from outside pressed against the glass and altered the ones inside. Push F3 and take some of the ethereal blooms from other scouting locations and walk around the edge of your enclosure and look to see where the biome may have changed. I find just planting the blooms at the main corners of the glass dome for 5-10 minutes (you only need to do it once unless the taint is noticeably close again) and setting up a fence outside will keep your animals much more safer from the threat of corruption.

I've been trying out each bio-dome and I think the best one to start out with is actually Bio-dome Delta. You don't have to worry about being hounded by anything but taintacles outside and you have a short distance from the water. If you don't mind boating for a bit, it's the safest way to access all the warp points and you don't have to worry about anything important being completely tainted, like with the Greatwood tree near Bio-dome Alpha. The two secrets along the water nearby help you get started on Thaumcraft the quickest, with the Tiny Ship giving you a free grass block and some runic stones, and the Greatwood Tree house giving you a free Thaumnomicon and some of the entry-level Thaumcraft blocks.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

RichardA posted:

I'll second the idea of using the swamp islands as bases. The first is simple to clean and has some massive caves underneath with will show up via the biome becoming re-tainted. Might wish to turn down draw distance in this case - otherwise a large part of the forest may be converted into taint spawner before you explore it.

Although I'm not sure if there is an advantage to starting at Delta with this case - from Alpha you can head to the swamps via the marble shrine and pick up blooms that way. This also allows you to bypass the gold/aluminum issue for a while by making pickaxes from the alien ores under Alpha and the swamps.

I find that Delta is really useful as a starting and central location as you'll be able to reach some of the harder scouting places a bit easier. If you start at Alpha/Beta you'll either have to cross fields and mountains coated with taint or do a lot more boating compared to Delta to reach them. I personally like Delta the most because it gives you a flat surface to organize your layout compared to the other spawns which are complete geographical messes.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
You can get lucky with endermam spawns within non-tainted areas. I believe the second black market quest for Oureclass or whatever gives you one as well.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I've never really tried using Harvestcraft before so I have a few questions about the trees with fruit you can get from seed bags.

1) Are the fruits that pop up once it sprouts the only ones you'll get from a tree or will more re-grow over time?
2) Do all fruits ripen over time and what effect does that have? I got an apple tree once and was surprised when one of the green apples turned red.
3) Is it possible to get fruit saplings back from trees/fruit or is it a one-time only deal? I noticed I only got the basic saplings when I cut them down.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

McFrugal posted:

1: The initial fruit placement is all you get. You don't get extras.
2: They ripen. Right-click to harvest once they're ripe. A new unripened fruit will replace it.
3: Nope. One sapling, one tree.

Thanks for the explanation! My next re-start will be a lot less wasteful now :v:

I've been trying out each base in the mean-time and I found that requisitioning saplings is actually better than seedlings early game because you can get lucky and obtain rubber trees or the ones from the nether which have a higher pick-axe tier. You can just get a box of supplies from Capt Shitake or from just requisitioning one so there's no need to set up a food farm initially.

I realized that team omega may actually be the best team to start with as you have the quickest access to the best tools and resources. First, all you need to do is grow one tree, build a boat, dig under the glass then just place your boat when the water rushes in and you'll float straight up to the surface without taking any damage. Afterwards, just sail to the secret right across from the bio-dome, the Greatwood tree base and you now have available a full set of tinker construct worktables (including an iron tool forge, meaning you can build the advanced tools and weapons right at the beginning), as well as a free Thaumonomicon and the starter Thaumcraft workbenches (research table, arcane workbench, deconstruction table). Make sure to plant an ethereal bloom at the base of the secret so it doesn't get tainted. With everything you can get there it makes Blightfall's early-game a lot less tedious.

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 19, 2015

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I've never made a tinker construct's hammer before and when I got lucky with my first sapling being darkwood I decided to try all the advanced tc tools and holy poo poo why are pickaxes necessary again :aaa:

also what's the benefit of angallam? I had my last two gold ingots I was gonna make the spare thaumometer with but I didn't realize that the iron ingot I put in to make some bolts would fuse with one of them meaning I have to wait for the next gold cache to finish it :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
In Botania, what's the best way to generate mana once you can build a runic altar? Right now I only have two endo flowers because a creeper blew up all my dayblooms. Which functional flower should I focus on making first to get the best mana return from?